Skip to main content

Survivor Season 35

Dr Mike reminds me of the designer guy that does challenges against Barry Du Bois on The Living Room

It gets worse with every elimination.
They were all unlikable from the start, but it's now survival of the smuggest.

Nowhere near the worst for me. Nice move in the first of the double episode week. The second elimination would have been perfect if it had been Ben (while he was pretending to be in trouble, would have been a nice irony). It isn't over the top like Luke in the Australian one, and I like it more realistic.

Agree with you on Ben but not Devon. He is my favourite and I hope he or Lauren win.
Hopefully Devon, he was the only one trying to listen to the quiet convo between Dr. Mike and Ryan and then went to talk to them at tribal.
Really don't like any of the others much. Lauren threw that away, maybe was just over it after the family visit? Dr. Mike was and idiot too, could have maybe used that half in the future. Ben and Chrissy? Both now goats.

Why did Devon throw away the immunity challenge? Whatever trust exists between him & Ashley, it wouldn't have stopped the others voting him out had they wanted to this week. He was lucky there were bigger targets, but it was a stupid gamble. As far as he knew the votes were all going towards Ben, but with a group this untrustworthy I'd be needing that immunity every time.

This season is limping to its conclusion, and managed to give us a chaotic tribal council that was at least a bit entertaining, but still no one is displaying any likability or showing why they deserve to win.

Ben is the worst of the worst though.

Because it was a sucky challenge. Thought Lauren had a clue on the game, but she seemed to just stop. Anyway, this is the best part of any season, the endgame. Big lolz @ Ryan (aka, THE Survivor superfan) not even thinking about a possible Idol? How many times has he been wrong now?

Big lolz @ Ryan (aka, THE Survivor superfan) not even thinking about a possible Idol? How many times has he been wrong now?
Leave my Ryan alone! I'm rooting for the scrawny, geeky underdog. I hate everyone.

Why did Devon throw away the immunity challenge? Whatever trust exists between him & Ashley, it wouldn't have stopped the others voting him out had they wanted to this week. He was lucky there were bigger targets, but it was a stupid gamble. As far as he knew the votes were all going towards Ben, but with a group this untrustworthy I'd be needing that immunity every time.

This season is limping to its conclusion, and managed to give us a chaotic tribal council that was at least a bit entertaining, but still no one is displaying any likability or showing why they deserve to win.

I don't see Survivor as a Big Brother show, it's not about people being sweet and nice who you'd like to know in real life, it's about gameplay and eliminating others.

The first part of this episode (loved ones, reward challenge, shell idol) was the worst part of the season, but the whole Ben/Lauren business in the second part lifted it back up again. The perfect vote is when all votes except the idol player's are eliminated. Mike likes to bring some drama to tribal which is good.

The first part of this episode (loved ones, reward challenge, shell idol) was the worst part of the season,

That seemed like some kind of production fail. Like they suddenly realised they had no challenge planned for this, so resorted to pulling rocks. Must surely rate as the worst "challenge" ever?

And the shell idol as well. A piece of string and a shell? For real?

Ben was smart not to tell anyone he had a HII. I don't know why pretty much everyone who finds one feels the need to tell people as it invariably marks them. Better to hold onto it secretly and play it when you feel you're in danger of being voted out, as he did. I can't stand him and it seems he'll be out soon anyway judging by that vote. Pity the others didn't split their vote but obviously they felt quite certain he didn't have the idol. If nothing else, the shell idol and advantage have both been eliminated so as far as the other players are concerned that's something I guess. Hopefully Ben goes next.

Ben is now my favourite!

I was really hoping Lauren would win, either him or Lauren. Looks like it's just him now!

I'm finally quite liking this season. (I won't like it if fecking Chrissie or Ryan win. Or boring Ashley.) Mike is bringing the crazy, and I'm liking it. Devon is bringing vintage Keanu, and is fun to watch. I really wish Lauren had pulled her brain together and played her advantage extra vote (which apparently she did bring with her to tribal), and/or got up and fished that shell out of the fire and played her idol. Fark! She was a good sport about being booted though.

I don't like Devon, I think he's my least favourite. Some of the female audience seem to like him just as they think he's pretty. He's done less than just about anyone else. I'd love to see him put under serious pressure.

Don't mind Ben that much, I actually preferred him to Chrissy in the last episode, she seemed to be the one taking the game personally.

Lauren was probably just tired and, after the Ben idol and Mike's antics, shocked. When she was eliminated she smiled (from what we've been shown) for the first time in ages, like a weight had been taken off her.

I don't see Survivor as a Big Brother show, it's not about people being sweet and nice who you'd like to know in real life, it's about gameplay and eliminating others.

The first part of this episode (loved ones, reward challenge, shell idol) was the worst part of the season, but the whole Ben/Lauren business in the second part lifted it back up again. The perfect vote is when all votes except the idol player's are eliminated. Mike likes to bring some drama to tribal which is good.
I hate the loved ones segments. I don’t care to see that.

Oh dear. I think Chrissy thinks the females she targeted would vote for her to win. Sucks to be you Chrissy.
Why is Ryan still there?
Why are any of them still there, apart from Ben who seems to be handed Idols. And thanks, team, for showing us that journey. Smarter move would have been him stating he needed it and him producing it when needed, because it comes across as planted for him either way.
I was confused by Devon's (and Ben's) vote until I realised they must have cut a shitload of conversations out of the show. Ashley asked if anyone knew who Ben was voting for, everyone said no and then there was nothing else about it, was waiting for the stupid #blindside hashtag thing.

This season continues to limp to a conclusion.
I guess it might be mildly exciting for people who like Ben, but as I can't stand him, I find his edit extremely unpleasant to watch. As Tuttle said, the producers seem to be handing him idols. They wouldn't show so much of him searching if he didn't end up finding it, so within minutes of the episode starting you know how it's going to pan out. And then when he pulls the idol out, he's an absolute smug git.

Back