Skip to main content

Survivor Season 35

It certainly blew up in the latest one. The only obviously weak part so far for me has been the first 12 minutes or so of the 3rd episode which just rehashed what was already known.

The outside influence on tribal councils I'm not crazy about but so far it hasn't had any undue effect, other factors have been more important thankfully.

In challenges the idea of putting in a luck element like a bunch of keys I'm not in favour of.

The season is starting to get slightly better, that was a decent episode.
I'm not keen on the new twist with blocking someone's vote. I was unsure until it played out whether it would block the vote of the person she gave it to, or give that person the power to block someone else. It just seemed one twist too far.

It's interesting watching the American version for phrases like "throw a monkey wrench into your plans". Obviously in Australia it's "a spanner in the works", a monkey wrench just sounds so clunky!

Yes, slightly. It was a big plus for me that the narrative didn't focus almost entirely on Ryan.

I like the new Red team mostly and am glad to have a team to 'root' for. Devon is more interesting teamed up on Blue with Ashley than with Ryan. Yellow, meh. Will never learn the tribe names, but Red's name sounds like Yellow when Jeff is calling it out in the challenges, which I am finding really hard to focus on this season. It can only go up from here...?

This season is a bit of a dud. Maybe it gets better, but I can't really see how they can make anything interesting out of this cast.
Devon and Ashley, possibly, at a stretch. Cole is eye candy but seems to lack intelligence, to put it mildly. The rest are just various shades of nothing.

Another marginal improvement, but I still can't fathom why these people were chosen, or find anyone to support.

I thought the latest episode was excellent, covered all three tribes and good immunity challenge. The only not good thing was the result, I'd have preferred JP to go. Happy to see Survivor without the overcooked try hards like AK or Luke getting pushed in our faces.

I'd rather Cole had gone really I'm not sure he'll offer much for the game.

Yes the challenges in the various versions are re-used. The dominoes challenge in the Australian one looked very familiar from a season aired earlier this year (either the US or NZ version used it).

I don't mind Cole, or Joe. The only one really annoying me at the moment is Ben, though I'm not that keen on Lauren either.

At least they can all be annoying and dull together in the one location now. I've still got a few favourites, but they don't feature prominently in the edit most weeks. We shall see... It feels like a duty watch.

After the lacklustre start I've resolved I'm going to have a Survivor marathon on the weekend probably and try to catch up on all the episodes all in one hit. Any Survivor is better than no Survivor, and it's got to be infinitely better than the rubbish on offer on TV at the moment. Looks like I've got seven episodes to dl, so I better get busy.........

After the lacklustre start I've resolved I'm going to have a Survivor marathon on the weekend probably and try to catch up on all the episodes all in one hit. Any Survivor is better than no Survivor, and it's got to be infinitely better than the rubbish on offer on TV at the moment. Looks like I've got seven episodes to dl, so I better get busy.........

I've found it a hard slog, but the latest 2 or 3 episodes show signs of improvement, so it will probably get there in the end. Even bad Survivor is still better than most things.

If you want bad Survivor look at the Kiwi version this year.

They are still trying interesting twists on the US version, this time with a reward being taken separately by individuals in order, Ryan played it intelligently in throwing the clue away.

If you want bad Survivor look at the Kiwi version this year.

They are still trying interesting twists on the US version, this time with a reward being taken separately by individuals in order, Ryan played it intelligently in throwing the clue away.
I enjoyed it. Kudos to them for being a little more adventurous location-wise than Australia.

Wow. I don't know what is wrong with this season, but they are the least likable bunch of contestants ever.
There just isn't anyone to root for.

Back