Skip to main content

Squid Games The Challenge

Brekkie

Staff member
Having not watched the drama surprised how much I've enjoyed this - indeed perhaps beneficial going into it cold. Thought it might be a mess with a cast of 456 but that's not the problem I thought it would be - easier to remember numbers than names I guess. Production looks excellent on screen too, even if there were some issues off screen.

Won't post any spoilers but worth a look on Netflix if you like your Big Brother on acid.

I thought the first half of the first episode wasn't particularly good, but by the end of the episode I was liking it. Haven't finished the second episode yet but will. Enjoying it.

The original show is worth watching.

Interesting review
I was pretty captivated by the original show but have kind of assumed that the game show would not be of interest to me. I might check it out.

It’s not too bad, I’m kinda enjoying it. Gotta push past the OTT, overbearing American personalities though. I just don’t vibe with that style of contestant. But 5 eps in and I’ve stuck around, so it’s doing something right.

Yes - casting is the big let down considering there was an opportunity for a truly international cast yet its mostly Americans.

I'm bingeing it right now, and loving it. It strikes me that this is how BB could have been. With all the cut-throat decisions driven mostly by greed but requiring team work on occasion, it sheds a light on all those human traits that make us loveable messy ugly and well; "human".

I find the editing so odd.
Like when it got to the final 12, I think only 2 of them had received any camera time / interviews.
The other 10 were nobody's that had literally zero airtime before this.
Based on this, I suspect
Mai
is the winner.

I'd share that prediction.

Thought the final was out today but not until tomorrow- think it's 9pm ET in the US.

Was released midday here in Sydney, so about 5 hours ago.
Will probably watch it tomorrow evening.

A bit underwhelming really. The final 3 test felt like it could have been manipulated by the producers to get the desired outcome and then the final two game was pretty boring, though it didn't help I'd have happily seen either winning so wasn't invested in an outcome. In that respect having that girl who skipped her turn on the glass bridge in the final 2 would have worked better to give us someone to root against.

Completely agree.
The final 3 task was ripe for rigging. I’d even go as far as to say they did.
Final 2 challenge was boring as fuck.
Agree though, would have been happy with either playing winning.

It’s coming back for season 2 next year.

Back