Skip to main content

So...Back with "revised format"?

Not sure how I feel about the backdoor remaining a part of common gameplay... The veto these days seems to play too pivtol a role and IMO using it's become become a bit of a joke... I really feel that when the HoH nominates that it should mean something... For me the best way to achieve that was to eliminate the backdoor strategy altogether...

Although removing the nom after veto would also be stripping back some of the HoH power as, unless it's the DPOV, the HoH still gets the re-nomination power; which does keep the HoH meaningful. There are some nuances with threat of backdoor dependent on things such as the house dynamics, who is put up as the "safe seat", and who wins PoV, that keep most of the power with the HoH winner rather than the Veto winner.

All i wanted to know is how big brother Australia dipped their toes with the strategy thing.

Asking someone to clarify something is one thing... Asking someone to educate you on an entire topic is another...

The answer is obvious if you have been following the show... Go back and educate yourself...

Asking someone to clarify something is one thing... Asking someone to educate you on an entire topic is another...

The answer is obvious if you have been following the show... Go back and educate yourself...

what is wrong with being educated. i don't know everything and i am happy to admit that.

which does keep the HoH meaningful.

I was referring to nominations... Putting up decoy nominees is far too common... IMO what I've suggested would encourage nominations to be more direct and meaningful... The HoH is responsible for nominate two people for eviction... Not one target, someone to fill the seat beside them, and another target sitting in the wings just in case...

I'd also like to clarify that a true "backdoor" move is actually a blindside...

if we did go down the American way of big brother i reckon i would be quite good at it. the very best of the best even. they would throw a parade for me and say that "reepbot we salute you! have some cake?????"

What I would love Big Brother AU to return with is:

All housemates compete in the HOH competition (or even make it like FNL/Showdown) the HOH gets their own room and luxury groceries (like the Housemate of the Week BB2013).

You are only allowed to discuss nominations in the HOH and or a designated Strategy room. On nominations night, all housemates sit in a waiting room which leads to the "nomination room" (similar to BBCan's war/vault/High Roller room). First the HOH automatically nominates two housemates for eviction, then the housemates nominate 2 housemates using the 5 point system (meaning 4 housemates nominated each week).

During the rest of the week, the house takes part in the normal weekly shopping tasks. Rule breaking involves $5000 penalties from the prize fund. Continuous rule breaking will then mean the housemate is sent to the Punishment Room.

Then the public will vote to save, and this repeats through the series.

What I would love Big Brother AU to return with is:

All housemates compete in the HOH competition (or even make it like FNL/Showdown) the HOH gets their own room and luxury groceries (like the Housemate of the Week BB2013).

You are only allowed to discuss nominations in the HOH and or a designated Strategy room. On nominations night, all housemates sit in a waiting room which leads to the "nomination room" (similar to BBCan's war/vault/High Roller room). First the HOH automatically nominates two housemates for eviction, then the housemates nominate 2 housemates using the 5 point system (meaning 4 housemates nominated each week).

During the rest of the week, the house takes part in the normal weekly shopping tasks. Rule breaking involves $5000 penalties from the prize fund. Continuous rule breaking will then mean the housemate is sent to the Punishment Room.

Then the public will vote to save, and this repeats through the series.

That's completely ridiculous... If that's the case they might as well not make any changes...

Asking questions is a sign of high intelligence. All i wanted to know is how big brother australia dipped their toes with the strategy thing.

Have you heard of Bloom's Taxonomy? Asking questions is good, unless you are consistently asking Year 1-2 based level questions :) This is also known as lower-order thinking.

If_36134c_1812648.jpg

Asking questions is not trolling. One may argue though that constantly attacking posters through personal insults and trying to shut down debate is a form of trolling.

Back