Skip to main content

So... Back In 2014?

But if you read posts drom the UK (digital spy) they seem to love our version. Much more than the UK version...

Its just seeing something fresh. The launch was good as a UK 1st timer to AU from there it went downhill below the quality of even the worst BBUK series imho

Is channel 10 in a financial position to take it on? I think they are a bit broke ass at the moment.

Its just seeing something fresh. The launch was good as a UK 1st timer to AU from there it went downhill below the quality of even the worst BBUK series imho

Sure. I have been reading UK recent posts though. But it could just be grass is greener. Familiarity breeds contempt ... They seem to find bbau fresh and light and fun. Maybe 'we' would find bbuk more 'dramatic'? (I haven't watched it)

Is channel 10 in a financial position to take it on? I think they are a bit broke ass at the moment.

I was thinking that but Channel Ten would die for a Flagship show at the moment, Masterchef is dead, Biggest Loser ain't it. Could be perfect timing.

The only way to tell is if Big Brother is value for money. I know they produce the show on a much cheaper budget these days, so they wouldn't need to reach the ratings heights it did on TEN. It appeals well to the demographics where the dollars are made so I can't see why not.

The way that ACA ends with with an advisory message to switch to Gem for more news without even mentioning BB seems to speak volumes for me.

I suppose it is just a constant reminder to people who aren't fans that they don't have to switch networks altogether, but still, it feels like Channel 9 don't even have faith in their program.

Getting 08 flashbacks a bit, TBH.

The way that ACA ends with with an advisory message to switch to Gem for more news without even mentioning BB seems to speak volumes for me.
Yes yes yes! I have been saying this ALL ALONG. This is a HUGE telltale sign.

It aint the scheduling that keeps the numbers away. You think the people that turn off turn off because of when the show is on?Go and ask these people why they have turned off..ask former fans why they dont watch anymore..

Its the cast that is the issue

All they need to do is show us the best bits and not the boring bits. One thing BBAU does which annoys me, is that they allow a good amount of airtime for boring housemates in my opion whereas BBUK will say 'f them' and show a whole highlights show of heated arguments between three people. In one Uk highliught show they basically did ten minutes of footage from 1-10pm and the 50 mins of the show left were all about one argument---- and it was a brillaint episode.

I think the problem is, and the reason they don't do this, is because Australia has become so politically correct and with social media being so huge now everyone has a platform in which to express that they don't like something. The producers then misread this as a cue to censor everything in order to keep everyone happy. But Miley Cyrus' little stint on the VMA's has shown that the only way to get attention these days is to cause a little controversy and stir things up a little bit.

It aint the scheduling that keeps the numbers away. You think the people that turn off turn off because of when the show is on?Go and ask these people why they have turned off..ask former fans why they dont watch anymore..

Its the cast that is the issue

It's definitely not the cast. it's the editing, family friendly format and scheduling

It's definitely not the cast. it's the editing, family friendly format and scheduling

right
so you really think hundreds of thousands of people have decided to not tune in because there is some crap editing?

riiiiight

Go and ask people why they dont like Big Brother....

I bet you none of them say editing or scheduling

/\ agree no one you ask will say editoring or scheduling.

I know heaps of people that are watching it and they have never watched it before. They love it.

BB2014 hasn't even been talked about and won't be until late October. So we won't know until on the Finale Sonya either says "See you next year" or until Ch9 release to shareholders the 2014 lineup.

right
so you really think hundreds of thousands of people have decided to not tune in because there is some crap editing?

riiiiight

Go and ask people why they dont like Big Brother....

I bet you none of them say editing or scheduling

I %100 think that. I don't mean the poor editing such as the bad audio cuts etc. I mean the content their choosing to show and the way in which they edit it (cut certain sentences out etc.) that makes the show more family friendly.

I think the problem is, and the reason they don't do this, is because Australia has become so politically correct and with social media being so huge now everyone has a platform in which to express that they don't like something. The producers then misread this as a cue to censor everything in order to keep everyone happy. But Miley Cyrus' little stint on the VMA's has shown that the only way to get attention these days is to cause a little controversy and stir things up a little bit.

Your mention of political correctness and censoring is spot on. BB was never intended to be family friendly and making it family friendly has not resulted in ratings.

I don't think it will return on channel 9 next year.

BBAU is slipping for Nine. But for ten seeing as MasterChef is dead and they have renewed it for another season next year is desperate TV. It would be a god send for Ten. Maybe it wont be back next year but 2015, is highly likely.

I %100 think that. I don't mean the poor editing such as the bad audio cuts etc. I mean the content their choosing to show and the way in which they edit it (cut certain sentences out etc.) that makes the show more family friendly.

But people all over would need to tune in to know this..and they arent.
Why arent they tuning in?
Go and ask them!

Everyone i have asked has said why would they want to see a bunch of young people sit around in a house?

"Everyone i have asked has said why would they want to see a bunch of young people sit around in a house?"

Because of interesting conversations. Apart from the racism one, it is hard to think of a good discussion being given air time.

Because of strategic gameplay: watching a cut-throat hierarchy struggle for dominance as they try to remain and seem to remain a nice person.

For a perv:

Because the people chosen are interesting:

These are the sorts of reasons. The edit of the show is not allowing all these things to appear. Have a family friendly after ACA show everyday. Do it. Then, a later one. Maybe an adult version of the same day after the late news. 9 is a multi media empire. Surely they can organize subscription based live feeds like the states. It is a rediculous choice for Nine. They are not willing to commit to it.

I prefer the low-key approach of US BB to the pantomime of the British, AU could be the best, because the cast is the best. Tone down the stupidity. Hire a director and scriptwriter who like the show. Get the social media and website thing sorted.

The world is watching, Nine, even if all you care about is ratings. You are not serving BB fans. You are serving the platonic ideal of a Channel 9 viewer.

Back