Skip to main content

R U OK Support Thread

How you doin Hooley/@joyjoyjoy?

We won't forget this year......

Everyone, tomorrow is RUOK DAY

Hard time of year for me...
And Connie......part of her Village, how could i not be,loving sisters and soulmates

21430530_1485833184845025_1212646216175991965_n.jpg

Memorial service, Saturday, St Paul's Cathedral, Melbourne

Doing OK - Thanks for asking

I find Solace in My Garden. I suppose it is like turning off everything around me, whilst I am there. I just listen to the birds, turning the soil and watching what nature is showing me at that moment.

I have stuff that I have to sort out, but digging in the dirt makes it a bit better. I think I am doing an ostrich.

Sorry to read about your family stuff. Sometimes you just have to let go of people that are not enriching your life. For whatever reason. Just send them love and positive vibes that they will land where they need to. It is not about wanting our way, but the best way. We are all so different.

You never know what life will deal you. Whether it be from other people, or circumstances brought onto your self. Family issues are like, being responsible for the family, but are you really?

I know that family so matters, but I personally let go ...... we all have a path. Pulling on an elastic band, when it needs not be can really hurt. Let go when it is not tight, and the hurt is less. All our paths are different, even though we see someone else in pain. If they reach out, be there and maybe let them know you are there if needed and leave it at that. When and if they come around - be with open arms and no judgement - I dont know - there is so much out of our control and maybe we just have to sit and watch things unfold .............. just my thoughts xxxxxxxxx

Thinking of you

Reactions: kxk
Hello K, I'm ok. A bit of pain as I've just had my dressing on my BCC changed. Healing well but she made it bleed which was good but hurt like crazy. Praise be for getting them done at work.
Colonoscopy coming up on Saturday. The prep tomorrow is freaking me out as that can be nasty, lol.
Received my breast screen reminder yesterday too. All happening in Khun Khun land.
That aside, I'm tootling along.
How are you? Are you ok?

xxxxxx

Oh I have a cold. I guess it's not that bad in the scheme of things but I ache all over and am a bit miserable. So I'm ok but I could be oker.

Oh I have a cold. I guess it's not that bad in the scheme of things but I ache all over and am a bit miserable. So I'm ok but I could be oker.
Nothing like a cold. Take some paracetamol, keep your fluids up and rest. Hope you feel better soon. Took me a moment to work out how to pronounce oker, lol.

Connie's memorial is NEXT Saturday.

@Khun Khun ? Hope all went well on Saturday, tests and all that, and you are feeling better?
Yep, thankyou. No cancer, a couple of issues but nothing major. I need to look after myself more though. Dressing change on my BCC. That's healing slowly but nicely. Too cold to expose it to the elements just yet.

Yep, thankyou. No cancer, a couple of issues but nothing major. I need to look after myself more though. Dressing change on my BCC. That's healing slowly but nicely. Too cold to expose it to the elements just yet.
That's great news. Wishing you a full and speedy recovery with the "issues".

Nothing like a cold. Take some paracetamol, keep your fluids up and rest. Hope you feel better soon. Took me a moment to work out how to pronounce oker, lol.
Haha. Thank you. Well I could be even more oker, of course, but I am absolutely definitely oker than I was yesterday. Colds are so annoying. So 'trivial' but yet so annoying and (temporarily) debilitating.

You are oker too, hopefully?

I'm struggling. I'm not ok. I don't feel comfortable posting further here as some people on this forum are incredibly cruel and I am too fragile and scared right now. But really would like some support

okay, so don't.But you can't post that and then not divulge what's wrong, bugger the trolls, what do you care what they say or think?

Reactions: Tee
Sorry that you are going through a rough time, @delcan. I've always admired your compassion for other people, your kindness for other posters here, and your concern for the world around you. You have such strength of character, a lovely sense of humor, and such a giving heart.

You are strong. You are delcan.

Anyway, I heard you like jokes. But whilst I don't have any at the moment, I would like to share with you a story I wrote earlier in the year.

Present and Correct

Frankie, meowing under the midnight stars, walked briskly along the wooden fence. Her paws brushing past tiny splinters and rusty nails. Up ahead she saw the other felines walking around a large green garbage bin. Setting up the chairs and chocolate. Members of the Kit Kat club.

Gracefully jumping down from the fence, Frankie walked over to the President. A large tabby by the name of Tiberius.

“What’s your excuse this time?” Asked Tiberius.

“Sorry. I had to stop and give directions to three blind mice.”

Tiberius silently motioned for Frankie to sit down next to the other cats. Sitting between Petal and Gretel, two Siamese cats, she listened as Tiberius began droning on about the latest reports on Kit Kat farming in the Middle East.

“As you can see on page 23 of my report….”

“Excuse me.” Said Salieri. A tiny white cat taking notes beside the President.

“What is it?” Asked Tiberius.

“You forgot to show us the graph on page 22.”

“No I’ve already done that.”

“Oh.”

The meeting continued on. Felines standing up and giving their reports on kit kats. The treasurer Winston alerting every-one on the state of the club finances. Which just gave Frankie enough time give her report on the new developments on chocolate swirling techniques in the Northern-Western Pacific seaboard before they all went home.

All the cats were packing the chairs away when Tiberius, raising his left paw, cleared his throat.

“Just before we begin our traditional dance ritual, I would like to remind everyone that a party in my honour will be in two days to celebrate my eight years as President. As is customary I will decide at the party who gets the golden lasagne by which one of you gives me the best present. The person who brings me the worst gift shall be kicked out of the Kit Kat club. ”

The chairs and rubbish put away, the cats began the traditional dancing ritual. Salieri turned on the CD player. Opera filling the silence, the cats twirling and meowing in unison. Some holding paws together, others like Frankie dancing by themselves. Content to let the music guide them. Moving all around the garbage bin and chairs. Tiberius, on account of his obesity, didn’t dance. Instead raising a stick up into the air to conduct proceedings from his domain.

The music stopped and all the cats went home. Frankie, going back along the rickety fence, tried to come up with an idea of what to get Tiberius. Her head, still singing and ringing, was of no use to her. Frankie, deciding that she needed some rest, went home.

Frankie spent the next day searching for the perfect present for Tiberius. From clothes shops to music stores. Trawling throughout the city all day long. Paws aching and spirit breaking. Finally, after hours of looking, Frankie came upon the perfect present for her pernickety President. A vinyl recording of the musical Cats by Andrew Lloyd Webber. Purchasing the item, Frankie went home and began preparing for Tiberius’ party.

The big event took place underneath a small wooden bridge at a local park. All Kit Kat members came with presents. Both big and small. But mostly big. They were then directed by Salieri over to a wooden table with Tiberius sitting at the end.

“Line up and give your gift to our President. After you have given him your gift stand behind that green line and wait for him to open your present.”

Frankie, waiting in line with the rest of the Kit Kat members, saw Tiberius starting to open the gifts. Scratching posts and packets of dead mice filling the table. Looking down at her offering, Frankie hoped that the Vinyl recording would be good enough to see her stay in the Kit Kat club.

Within a few minutes, the line slowly dwindling and the presents piling up, Frankie found herself facing the President. Paws shaking, she placed the gift on the wooden table. Standing behind the green line she saw Tiberius open her present. Watching as the President of the Kit Kat club threw the recording of the musical Cats to the ground.

“Andrew Lloyd Webber! That hack? How lowly you must think of me, Frankie,” Said Tiberius.

“But I thought you liked him, Sir,” Replied Frankie.

“I hate that hack. This is by far the worst present I have ever received in my entire life.”

“What? Even worse than those blocks of wood that Gretel and Petal gave you?”

“You know very well those two have had money problems. Now off you go, and take this morose music with you.”

“But I…”

“Salieri, bring out the ceremonial net!”

Frankie turning to her left, saw Salieri coming up to her with the ceremonial big net.

“Wait!” Exclaimed Frankie.

“What?” Questioned Tiberius.

“You got it all wrong. I didn’t get that for you to listen. I got it so you can eat kit kats off of it.”

“Don’t be silly. We have plates for that sort of thing.”

“But it’s a good alternative. Just try it.”

Picking the recording off the ground, Frankie handed it to Tiberius.

“Here, eat a kit kat on it,” Said Frankie.

“Salieri, a kit kat at once,” Said Tiberius, pointing over to a basket of chocolate on the table.

Salieri went over to the basket, picking a caramel kit kat and giving it to Tiberius. Frankie’s eyes glaring at the President. Watching him unwrapping the cholate and placing it on the recording. Seeing him devour the desert with licking lips and expanding hips.

“Yum. And I haven’t even made a mess. Frankie, I was wrong. This is a great present. You can stay,” Said Tiberius.

“Does that mean I get that golden lasagne?” Asked Frankie.

“No. I’m giving that to Gretel and Petal. Now go and join the party.”

Frankie, purring away, walked over to the party. Joining the cats in a spot of Opera dancing under the night sky.

The End.

I'm struggling. I'm not ok. I don't feel comfortable posting further here as some people on this forum are incredibly cruel and I am too fragile and scared right now. But really would like some support

Hope your load is a little lighter today?
Shit time of year for me, been struggling myself, I respect you as a decent poster and hope for good fortune for you.
No need to post details, just know we do care and hope for the best for you.

Noooo, Survivor is a distraction from life. Just not comfortable sharing life here

Exactly. Great and exciting distraction. I also find utter trashy TV is a good relaxer relief, tattoo shows fascinate me and really bitchy trashy stuff and nonsense.

Hope your load is a little lighter today?
Shit time of year for me, been struggling myself, I respect you as a decent poster and hope for good fortune for you.
No need to post details, just know we do care and hope for the best for you.

Exactly. Great and exciting distraction. I also find utter trashy TV is a good relaxer relief, tattoo shows fascinate me and really bitchy trashy stuff and nonsense.
Yes, I don't mind a tattoo show, now that I have a couple of my own, lol. I liked that Bondi Ink one. So trashy and bitchy. Hope all's a bit brighter for you soon.

Fascinated by tats, but would never dream of getting one. Did yours hurt lots @Khun Khun where did you get them and what made you decide to?
It looks so painful.
I like the competition tat shows with all the different styles, and my favourite is the one with really bad tats they get covered.
One had me in fits of laughter - they let a BLIND boyfriend scribble ink on them, WTF

Fascinated by tats, but would never dream of getting one. Did yours hurt lots @Khun Khun where did you get them and what made you decide to?
It looks so painful.
I like the competition tat shows with all the different styles, and my favourite is the one with really bad tats they get covered.
One had me in fits of laughter - they let a BLIND boyfriend scribble ink on them, WTF
Didn't hurt that much. The second hurt more for some reason. It's a couple of years younger than the first. They're both about 1.5 inches x an inch perhaps slightly bigger and are one on each side, upper buttock. The first one was for my niece who was adopted into our family the day before her first birthday. It's a seahorse as we both like them and the other one is for my favourite cousin who died six years ago from bowel cancer (one reason why I was anxious about my colonoscopy). They're drums. He was a drummer and covered in tatts. I promised him the day before he died that I would get one for him. My third will be 'semper et in aeternum' around my left wrist. If you know your Latin, you'll work it out :) I'm waiting until I get to 400 donations at the blood bank and then have the four month lay off.

Back