Skip to main content

R U OK Support Thread

No Stress!!

Hope YOU are also Ok. Have been wondering what you are up to and how you are.

Ah, all OK - I should be packing now, but just got in from Work and poured my self a well earned vino, for the start of my working week! Settlement here, is in 21 days.

Have been trying to be really positive that a good place to move to would materialise and was meditating on it all, whilst looking. I really wanted to stay around this area for a bit longer as I really am enjoing my Job.

In June I found a place, when this joint was under offer. The next day after finding that place - the buyer could not arrange finance and the sale fell through - and didn't go ahead with the rental :( So it got leased to someone else and I kept thinking that is the place I wanted etc.

Long story short, the Owner contacted me today and it looks like it will be home. It is 5klms out of Town (no close neighbours) and is a 2 Bedroom Farm House on huge acreage. I have a really good friend that lives on the same road - 2klms downhill from the place! (closest neighbour)

I have to keep being positive that this will all work out, otherwise it might be a tent in my bosses backyard!!!!!!

Ah, all OK - I should be packing now, but just got in from Work and poured my self a well earned vino, for the start of my working week! Settlement here, is in 21 days.

Have been trying to be really positive that a good place to move to would materialise and was meditating on it all, whilst looking. I really wanted to stay around this area for a bit longer as I really am enjoing my Job.

In June I found a place, when this joint was under offer. The next day after finding that place - the buyer could not arrange finance and the sale fell through - and didn't go ahead with the rental :( So it got leased to someone else and I kept thinking that is the place I wanted etc.

Long story short, the Owner contacted me today and it looks like it will be home. It is 5klms out of Town (no close neighbours) and is a 2 Bedroom Farm House on huge acreage. I have a really good friend that lives on the same road - 2klms downhill from the place! (closest neighbour)

I have to keep being positive that this will all work out, otherwise it might be a tent in my bosses backyard!!!!!!
Hope all goes well.

Hope everything is going smoothly for you @hooleydooley ????
Where are you going to be based now? Now I am more familiar with your part of the world.

Has anyone heard from @shaydee ? Hope she is OK.
And I trust you have recovered @Khun Khun , my older sisters had terrible trouble with blood nose issues when I was a kid, they were teens. Seems to have settled in adulthood, must be a scary condition you live with.

Where are you going to be based now? Now I am more familiar with your part of the world.

Has anyone heard from @shaydee ? Hope she is OK.
And I trust you have recovered @Khun Khun , my older sisters had terrible trouble with blood nose issues when I was a kid, they were teens. Seems to have settled in adulthood, must be a scary condition you live with.
Thankyou yes, I am fine. They don't happen often and don't last long, but these two were very worrying as they kept going and were only two hours apart. Hopefully the cauterisation has helped. Seems to at this stage.

I'm ok but I'm a bit stressed because the lady looking after my dogs has to look after her elderly father and has decided she can't really look after my dogs as well any more. So... Any dog wellbeing and dog solution vibes anyone can send me would be much appreciated.

Hope all goes well.

Thanks

About 4klms from where I am now. The other farm house fell through, but scored a better and bigger one for a good price. It is light and bright and a has a huge yard. I get to mow the lawns with a ride on mower!!! Found it last Thursday :)

Am moving now, as settlement is on Monday. I wish the bloody rain would piss off! So running out of time to sort all the 10 year collection of crap! Moving so sucks!

The only negative I have, is that the last tenant (he was only there for a couple of weeks) took his own life there a few weeks ago. He was an ice user.

I'm ok but I'm a bit stressed because the lady looking after my dogs has to look after her elderly father and has decided she can't really look after my dogs as well any more. So... Any dog wellbeing and dog solution vibes anyone can send me would be much appreciated.

Sending vibes to you - that would be very stressful. How long are you going to be in Germany for?

I got some bad new about my Dog Trainer. She took her own life on Tuesday. I can not stop thinking about her.

I had not spoke to her in ages, even though we were FB Friends and her pics and posts were always positive. We were suppose to met up when we had those horrible fires earlier this year, but we didn't. She was running a support place for animals that had been displaced.

She was such a caring and loving person and loved animals and will be sadly missed by the South West Community. She has 2 kids under 10 and usually has them for school holidays. I am trying to wrap my brain around such a loss. I am feeling very numb and have shed many a tear.

Please keep on asking R U OK?

R.I.P CM xxxxxxxx

Reactions: kxk
Oh no. Sorry for the loss of your trainer. Well done on getting a new place so close too. Not nice that a death occurred there though, but stamp your style on the home and it will be ok.

Oh no. Sorry for the loss of your trainer. Well done on getting a new place so close too. Not nice that a death occurred there though, but stamp your style on the home and it will be ok.

Thank goodness, I was glad to be able to keep my Job - I was really stressed out and thought I would be homeless . Yeah the Death thing was/is a bit of a worry as I do believe in souls hanging around (it happened here) but then again, it could be those not wanting to move on and in suicide, I would think you want to move on.

I have chatted with a paranormal investigator and have been given advice.

I know it may sound crazy, but I have had quite a few experiences and well, better to be safe than sorry. The place really feel ok and not negative at all.

With putting my stamp on the place, I have been given 4 weeks free rent to paint a few rooms - good deal hey?

Also I am looking forward to meet my neighbours - which are not next door - they are about 200metres away LOL - They are 2 ladies - in different house that are in their 80's. They are fit and loving life, so I have been told.

I hope they bake scones and make jam ;)

Reactions: kxk
Excellent deal as the painting will be cheaper than the rent? That's a nice distance from your neighbours, especially if they happen to like loud music and partying into the wee small hours :)

Oh, I dunno how long I am here. Back in Dec for a month though. Looking forward.

Dogs will stay with my husband (soon probably to be ex-husband) from November. So I am hoping dog under can just hang in there if she gets someone in to walk them. She seemed calmer today so vibes probably helped, hooley. Thank you!

Oh, I dunno how long I am here. Back in Dec for a month though. Looking forward.

Dogs will stay with my husband (soon probably to be ex-husband) from November. So I am hoping dog under can just hang in there if she gets someone in to walk them. She seemed calmer today so vibes probably helped, hooley. Thank you!
Dog carer that was supposed to be.

Ah. She was definitely calmer again today. Phew. She's a nice lady so I'm glad she is feeling better about it all. And again thanks for vibes. Hope your house-job situation is all working out well hooley.

The doggies situtation sounds weird @Mooseface ....

For anyone dealing with terminal illness and or death in your family/friends, I found this moving and helpful -

You Can't Ask That

'Terminally Ill'

ABC, 9:05pm, Wed, 5 Oct 2016, 30 minutes
Insightful, moving and unpredictable, this episode sets the record straight about what it's really like to live with a terminal illness. #YouCantAskThat (Final)

See it on IView.

It's been a huge struggle lately, moved to a new home after 10 years- was so lucky to find somewhere to land. Took a huge blow with the sale and I mean huge.

A dear friend took her own life last week, and I am still trying to undertand that. I was movng shit, and had a deadline so I did not get to the funeral :( I forgave myself for that, sort of. I am not coming to grips nor understanding her checking out whilst having two young kids.

I have just moved into a wonderful place that some guy took his life 3 weeks ago. Drug related and his kids found him hanging, in the backyard. I think his spirit is cleared from here - I can only hope!

So am I OK? I survived the move.. still working my job ........ still feeding my Joy.

I am feeling very fragile, sort of feeling in a weird space. The acts of the others suicides do not help my thinking, but all will be good :)

If I was going to do it - it would have been before now

RUOK?

OMG hooley, that's a bit intense. I think you sound like you can come to terms with it all though and come out the other site positively, from what I can tell of you via this forum. ( I think I am more-or-less OK! RUOK??!? )

The doggies situtation sounds weird @Mooseface ....

For anyone dealing with terminal illness and or death in your family/friends, I found this moving and helpful -

You Can't Ask That

'Terminally Ill'

ABC, 9:05pm, Wed, 5 Oct 2016, 30 minutes
Insightful, moving and unpredictable, this episode sets the record straight about what it's really like to live with a terminal illness. #YouCantAskThat (Final)

See it on IView.
Ah well doggies situation has calmed down, thankfully. They are getting extra walks (at some not inconsiderable expense, but ... well, what can you do?!) and it seems everyone is calmer as a result, which is good. They are energetic doggies so I can understand both their point of view (!) AND the dog minders point of view... ! I am looking forward to seeing them again in December... Yay!

It's been a huge struggle lately, moved to a new home after 10 years- was so lucky to find somewhere to land. Took a huge blow with the sale and I mean huge.

A dear friend took her own life last week, and I am still trying to undertand that. I was movng shit, and had a deadline so I did not get to the funeral :( I forgave myself for that, sort of. I am not coming to grips nor understanding her checking out whilst having two young kids.

I have just moved into a wonderful place that some guy took his life 3 weeks ago. Drug related and his kids found him hanging, in the backyard. I think his spirit is cleared from here - I can only hope!

So am I OK? I survived the move.. still working my job ........ still feeding my Joy.

I am feeling very fragile, sort of feeling in a weird space. The acts of the others suicides do not help my thinking, but all will be good :)

If I was going to do it - it would have been before now

RUOK?

Thinking of you xo

Take care HD xx. Sounds like a tough time at the mo, but you always have people here to chat to and to check that u r ok

Back