Skip to main content

New late show!! - Late Night Feast (Tuesdays)

Mein hopes are high that it's awesome!

It'd still be super rad to get some live streaming tucked away on Gem at night or something.

I think I mentioned on here that I saw some of the live feed from the house when I was at BBHQ last year for a tour and the 45 mins or so that I saw of it was basically more compelling than 90% of the entire season, so as long as they do put some good chunks of unabridged natural conversation it'll be great.

So yeah. Hopes are high.

Well, I tried to watch the show last night, but Mikkayla jumped from being in bed, to not being anywhere, to being on the couch with the dog in the space of a minute, and I got angry and gave up again. However, this intrigues me and I'll definitely give it a go. I really appreciate the fact that they're listening (even though I presume they'll deliver short...) and it definitely does sound like Alex pretty much marched to Nine and told them what to do. That's really awesome to me, and a step in the right direction.

Well, I tried to watch the show last night, but Mikkayla jumped from being in bed, to not being anywhere, to being on the couch with the dog in the space of a minute, and I got angry and gave up again. However, this intrigues me and I'll definitely give it a go. I really appreciate the fact that they're listening (even though I presume they'll deliver short...) and it definitely does sound like Alex pretty much marched to Nine and told them what to do. That's really awesome to me, and a step in the right direction.
But last night's episode was actually pretty good!

Would the HM have signed a contract this season thinking none of this stuff would be shown? Or are contracts signing your life away?

It needs to be nightly and live tv.
If it is just another scripted and highly edited show once a week I don't think it will help much - although some adult conversations would be appreciated.
Uplate was good because there was nothing else on that late and would draw more viewers as there is nothing else on tv.
All the excitement in the house always seems to happen late at night.

I had to delete my Post here because it was duplicated twice. You find my Post below. :D

Last edited:

There has to be SOME editing. They are condensing a whole day into 90mins. I thought last night's show was logical and followed story arcs appropriately. Ah well you can't win 'em all

It's a start, if the ratings are good I can imagine it being on more times a week and having positive ratings for this will bring better ratings to the daily show in my eyes.

I'm Looking Forward To Viewing BB Uplate

It needs to be nightly and live tv.
If it is just another scripted and highly edited show once a week I don't think it will help much - although some adult conversations would be appreciated.
Uplate was good because there was nothing else on that late and would draw more viewers as there is nothing else on tv.
All the excitement in the house always seems to happen late at night.

It was like having my own dirty little secret. :D When I used to watch Big Brother Uplate, I was on afternoon shift and would finish work at 11pm. Even though my DVD Recorder was set to come on 15 minutes before the show, (TV timetable was so unreliable at this hour, God forbid if I missed 1 minute he he he) so I used to rush home to see Mike Goldman at the beginning of the Show, and the best part was the entire 2 hours was LIVE with Mikey sprinkled here and there throughout the Show. So being live, anything could happen, that's what made it so interesting. I remember I used to hate it when they all went to bed. I felt like yelling at them "Get up and entertain me". But while they were awake, there was some really interesting conversations that took place.

I miss the talks where they got into deep conversation. One Housemate would open up and talk about a long relationship which might've ended, or how they met somebody special before they went into the House (like Matt met a pretty girl) Another would say how they lost their Mum or Dad at a young age and how it impacted on their life, or how they had a serious illness, their trip overseas, which Country they visited. This is what made Big Brother Uplate so interesting. We, as the viewer got to know each Housemate so much better. This part was important considering we the public are voting them out. We laughed with them, or sometimes I sat here in tears listening to nice looking David a few years ago who hadn't even told his parents that he was gay. Even though I'm certainly not against nudity/bad language, I think I preferred Uplate to Uncut. If Uncut was about the young men discussing the lower parts of their anatomy, and the turkey slap type of stuff, well I'm not interested. If it was Drew or Ed getting out of the shower than yes, I would fall a** over t** to get to the TV. :D Just as a man would probably do the same if it was Tahan or Jade drying off after a shower. Anyway, I will be watching this Big Brother Uplate Channel 9 version, and no doubt I and other viewers will be here to voice our opinion. :cool:

Great news. Hopefully this will be an Uncut style show that will start a milder in an attempt to avoid controversy. Let's face it, when they say adult conversations they're not talking about an hour of political and philosophical debates, as interesting as that may be to a small number of viewers. They should go back and look at Uncut from the early years to use as a template. Obviously the type of show we had in 2005 is not going to be repeated until broadcasting regulations change. The worst case scenario would be that they decided to do a show like Uncut but only with the milder scenes that they used to through in to soften the impact of more explicit scenes - i.e. conversations about pubic hair and guy's lighting their farts on fire.

Alleluia! This is news I have been hoping for for quite some time. I'll reserve true judgement for when it goes to air, but this sounds like a huge step in the right direction.

Thank you Alex and Channel 9 for listening to the users posting here and taking a chance on something different. Something of this nature was a long time coming. We weren't asking for smut, but we were asking for mature content that didn't sanitise the show for us like children - most of us are adults who deserve to be treated as such and I am glad that they can see it too. Here's hoping this rates well enough to become a staple of Big Brother in the future. Even if it doesn't, I hope they aren't tempted to get rid of it, or sanitise it for an earlier timeslot like was seen with BB confidential last year. Hopefully the 9:30 timeslot is late enough for them to broadcast us some really interesting conversations. I've been a bit disappointed this season, but I feel like things are looking up lately - I can tell they are listening and are trying to do what they can.

Now can we have a bit of live streaming back? How about a live feed that goes for an hour or so each night on GO or the website? Even if it was broadcast just on the weekends, it would be really good - just to help fill in the gap of Big Brother content on weekends. I'm not greedy enough to ask for 24/7, but it'd be nice for it to be brought back in some capacity like it has been in the UK. ;)

Good news. It does sound like they're starting to listen to us. Last night's show for instance, was more about the simple housemate interaction we were begging for in the first week, instead of gimmicks and twists. It felt more chronological too and had timestamps.

This program sounds good. It sounds like we might be getting the political chats which we know happened last year but which were never aired because Confidential was moved to an earlier timeslot. Hopefully Channel 9 don't do the same to this show if it rates well.

Big Brother Showdown will also move to its a new Thursday night slot (it’s unclear how many episodes of this will remain as part of the show).

I am wondering, now that the Big Brother showdown is supposedly moving to a new night for its final week, could we potentially see a daily show put in its place on Saturdays? It's obvious they are listening to what feedback they are getting on Facebook, Twitter and this forum so the thought to introduce a daily show on the weekends cannot have escaped them. A daily show on Saturday would be a good move I think, because most of Friday is completely skipped over during the Eviction show highlights, which tend to start after the events of the showdown.

It would still give them Sundays as a "day off" and would satisfy most of our desires for coverage of weekend content in the house. You'd get a more comprehensive show on Mondays as a result. Anyway, I'm really happy about the announcement of this new show: I think it's going to be a very useful outlet for content, e.g. if there is a fight in the house, it's highly likely that Big Brother Feast is where you would go to see it aired in its entirety.

This is the best news!!! It's been a hard slog last series and some of this one, trying to get insight and care about what happens in the House when we're not shown who the Housemates really are.

It took me ages last year to connect with them because we were missing out on what makes them tick (their thoughts, feelings, values, politics). Adult conversation.

It's only a pity UpLate is the night after eviction because it may give me my only reason to want Tully to stay: I think she could have a lot to offer in convos about ideas.

This is the best news!!! It's been a hard slog last series and some of this one, trying to get insight and care about what happens in the House when we're not shown who the Housemates really are.

It took me ages last year to connect with them because we were missing out on what makes them tick (their thoughts, feelings, values, politics). Adult conversation.

It's only a pity UpLate is the night after eviction because it may give me my only reason to want Tully to stay: I think she could have a lot to offer in convos about ideas.

Late Feast starts Tuesday WEEK. Not this Tuesday.

Back