Skip to main content

Move over Donald Trump, here's Sonia Kruger

Status
Not open for further replies.
pisses me off that people argue over their own personal beliefs. You Believe what you believe and that should empower you. To push it to another is a bit not right to me. Door knocking etc is not right. People need to be able to reach out, if need be. Not be pushed and shoved at you.

Nothing has changed. There are groups that think they are always better than another.

All I can say now is

Last edited:
pisses me off that people argue over their own personal beliefs. You Believe what you believe and that should empower you. To push it to another is a bit not right to me. Door knocking etc is not right. People need to be able to reach out, if need be. Not be puxhed and shoved at you.

Nothing has changed. There are groups that think they are always better than another.

All I can say is

but isn't a sensible and respectful discussion about people's different personal beliefs one of the hallmarks of a healthy society?

Sure, but the anger and the belittlement of another is just so off putting, to even have a view. I just find todays views, in ones own beliefs, and the I am right and you are wrong, to be so disabling, Whatever gets you through this experience of LIFE and whatever belief works for you, maybe should be what matters?

Tick Tock ..............

Hey, like walk a mile in my shoes - with my belief, before judging. No one can say what is right or wrong, before they face The Judgement Day of Death (if there is one)

I want to add a commandment (to those Ten)

Treat people how you want to be treated.

Strange times we live - I just hope all will be safe xxxxx

Sure, but the anger and the belittlement of another is just so off putting, to even have a view. I just find todays views, in ones own beliefs, and the I am right and you are wrong, to be so disabling, Whatever gets you through this experience of LIFE and whatever belief works for you, maybe should be what matters?

Tick Tock ..............

Hey, like walk a mile in my shoes - with my belief, before judging. No one can say what is right or wrong, before they face The Judgement Day of Death (if there is one)

I want to add a commandment (to those Ten)

Treat people how you want to be treated.

Strange times we live - I just hope all will be safe xxxxx

i agree with that.

i must confess that Religion is not my cup of tea. but i would never shove my beliefs down someone's throat. i am not one of those smug atheists. I mean if you have a group large enough there will always be good and bad individuals. people who believe and people who deceive. but lumping everyone as BAD or GOOD can be very detrimental as it ignores context and nuances.

i must confess that Religion is not my cup of tea. but i would never shove my beliefs down someone's throat. i am not one of those smug atheists. I mean if you have a group large enough there will always be good and bad individuals. people who believe and people who deceive. but lumping everyone as BAD or GOOD can be very detrimental as it ignores context and nuances.

But can we condemn Nazism, say, or must we only consider good and bad individuals?

Be specific. What that has been said in this thread recently is in your opinion bigoted?
Well to be fair, you yourself didn't actually say anything. You just uploaded a couple of YouTube's you found on the net.

I would like to actually hear your views on how you feel regarding people who choose to believe in the Quran. I would also like to hear your views on those who choose to defend a persons right to believe in their chosen God without fear of religious persecution.

ok. @Inigo Montoya I watched the two videos "Stop defending Islam" and "Islam is not a religion of peace". The polls that the Islam is not a religion of peace guy puts up don't seem to have any sources. he seems to just pick everything that suits his biased argument. As I said before I look at people as individuals. I don't try and lump them all together in one group. I believe that is wrong. But I also believe that the death penalty is wrong and I don't like that there are countries that still use it. Especially if it is based on Religious reasons. Religion should always be seperate from politics. Unfortunately that isn't always the case.

Also you say that feelings don't equal facts but that stop defending Islam guy seemed to cherry pick quotes from a text of hundreds and hundreds of years ago to suit his own feelings. why didn't he pick quotes from the Bible or any other religious text? I also don't like that he compared a majoy world Religion to hate groups like the KKK. If he wanted to change people's opinion he might have been kinder and gentler instead of just shouting and swearing. But the truth is that he did not want to change anyone's mind. His video was for people who already felt that way.

I'll post more thoughts later. I hope you are ok. I worry about you.
Here's three words I never thought I would ever utter in my life.

Great post, Reepbot.

But can we condemn Nazism, say, or must we only consider good and bad individuals?
I used to work as a cleaner and I once cleaned for a very old German lady. I asked her how she felt about Hitler. She said something like "oooh we loved him, Germany was in very hard times, everyone was poor, hungry and struggling, he was like magic, so strong, so handsome. He gave us hope.." I was shocked to hear you could love such a hideous man, so I questioned her further she said "sweet girl, it all happened so slowly, I didn't realise what we were doing was wrong. He was magic, and it was like he put a spell on us..."

She then shared after the war she herself got to feel how it felt to be shamed and hated based on where she came from. "Everyone hated us for many many years, calling me, my husband, my small children "nazi" and "murderer", My husband changed our name from Schmidt to Smith to save our children from the shame of what we let happen. I will live with my shame forever"

So to answer your question, why can't we do both?

I used to work as a cleaner and I once cleaned for a very old German lady. I asked her how she felt about Hitler. She said something like "oooh we loved him, Germany was in very hard times, everyone was poor, hungry and struggling, he was like magic, so strong, so handsome. He gave us hope.." I was shocked to hear you could love such a hideous man, so I questioned her further she said "sweet girl, it all happened so slowly, I didn't realise what we were doing was wrong. He was magic, and it was like he put a spell on us..."

She then shared after the war she herself got to feel how it felt to be shamed and hated based on where she came from. "Everyone hated us for many many years, calling me, my husband, my small children "nazi" and "murderer", My husband changed our name from Schmidt to Smith to save our children from the shame of what we let happen. I will live with my shame forever"

As interesting as i find your experience to be, make sure not to use one person as a sample size. Although it is great to see a different insight, thanks for this

What an interesting story!

As interesting as i find your experience to be, make sure not to use one person as a sample size. Although it is great to see a different insight, thanks for this

@Trala's story isn't a "one person" sample size... Talk to anyone who's grown up in Germany and they'll tell you that from a young age they are pretty much taught to feel shameful about their heritage... I think you'll also find very few German's have an overwelming sense of national pride like most other nations do...

@Trala's story isn't a "one person" sample size... Talk to anyone who's grown up in Germany and they'll tell you that from a young age they are pretty much taught to feel shameful about their heritage... I think you'll also find very few German's have an overwelming sense of national pride like most other nations do...

His story was one person related, he was referring to one german woman. I'm not saying that most others wouldn't feel the same though, which you're right about. I would love to keep learning more about different events/stories through personal interaction

E: It's a bit upsetting though that they are taught to feel shame like that though, you can only go by your own judgements, and unfortunately many people were fooled by Hitler :/

German Jew here (I mean sort of). It's true re: the national pride, on average there is a lot less patriotism. There is dark history in every country but still today there are enormous flow on effects in everyday life in Germany resulting from that history.

It's easy to look back and wonder how Hitler got the power he did but it was a very different time then and he was an excellent leader (as far as leadership skills go) and he was really charming. He was voted man of the year by Time Magazine, he honestly had everyone fooled. I know some people think it's funny or cute to compare Trump circa now to Hitler back then but my great grandmother (who is still alive btw) says a more accurate comparison would be a Kennedy or Obama as that's what Hitler was like initially. I know Obama was a let down for some but can you imagine if he turned out to be so deeply bigoted and hate filled and violent? It would be a massive shock and it would be embarrassing to anyone who voted for him or campaigned for him.

I'm not speaking for the masses of course, just some.

That was kind of the answer I was angling for. Even though each act is the responsibility of an individual, a philosophy/ideology/belief/religion that encourages that act should stand condemned with the individual. Of course, like the individual, the philosophy/ideology/belief/religion is not necessarily wholly bad.

That's steadily becoming the case in America, too. Obama has been throwing the American name in the mud, telling Asians we're lazy, among other things.

That's steadily becoming the case in America, too. Obama has been throwing the American name in the mud, telling Asians we're lazy, among other things.

And I present you the Sonia Kruger of BBBA...

His post was edited to exclude a link to a website that includes xenophobic, racist, homophobic, and trains-phobic right-wing propoganda and hate speech...

You're comparing me to Sonia, eh? If only I were as pretty.... or talented....

Now you, Kingston, are the Kyle Sandilands of BBBA....

The fact that you think Sonia is "talented" proves the pint that I've been making since you joined this forum... YOU'RE AN IDIOT!! Now if I should be compared to any of the BBAU hosts it's Gretel...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back