Skip to main content

Mike Goldman's interview with David and Tim Dormer

Yuck. Give me superfans like Dawn, Spencer, Allie, Jill, Malcolm and Erik over Cochran. Please.
Ha, I never said he was the best, just that he sprung to mind. He's the only one who has been outed as a participator on forum pre-show that I know of, apparently he said some racist stuff and it all came to light and people were outraged that such a bigot got cast, and went on to win.

I hate the Survivor / Amazing Race crossovers. If you can't win (or be a freaking amazing personality worth of an All-Stars or Favourites) first time around you shouldn't get a second, or third, or fourth chance, let alone take someones elses spot on another show.

Thank god he didn't ruin two AR seasons. I'm not a huge fan of Charla and Mirna, but I loved the way that All-Stars leg finished.
I don't think we watched the All-Stars. Now I'm glad we didn't. If I had to hear him say, "We was on SUH-VIV-AH!!" one more time I'd have put my foot through our TV.

Ha, I never said he was the best, just that he sprung to mind. He's the only one who has been outed as a participator on forum pre-show that I know of, apparently he said some racist stuff and it all came to light and people were outraged that such a bigot got cast, and went on to win.

Nope, the outrage was because he was so neurotic and basically caused a boring Pagonging the first time around; and tried too hard to be a gamebot one-liner machine the second time around. Can't stand him - and what's worse is the way Probst seems to eat up his BS.

I hate the Survivor / Amazing Race crossovers. If you can't win (or be a freaking amazing personality worth of an All-Stars or Favourites) first time around you shouldn't get a second, or third, or fourth chance, let alone take someones elses spot on another show.

The Twinnies were great on TAR, though :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The only one they can keep bringing back and I'll be fine with it is Rupert.

Yuck, no. Please no.

If you're going to reach that far back, bring back great/entertaining players from the earlier seasons who haven't returned yet. Greg Buis and Colleen Haskell come to mind. Jeff Varner, Twila Tanner, Chris Daugherty, Shane Powers, Danni Boatwright, Heidi Strobel, Sean Rector. I'm sick of seeing players return that have already played many times before.

Getting Gervase and Aras in BvW1 felt like a huge throwback to me, it was awesome. My only hope is that the next season with returning players will dig back into the casting pool of older players who haven't returned yet.

I don't think we watched the All-Stars. Now I'm glad we didn't. If I had to hear him say, "We was on SUH-VIV-AH!!" one more time I'd have put my foot through our TV.

Spoilers:
Romber's Placings were 1st - 1st - 1st - 8th and Eliminated. It was glorious. Too bad that was about the highlight of the season.

If you're going to reach that far back, bring back great/entertaining players from the earlier seasons who haven't returned yet. Greg Buis and Colleen Haskell come to mind. Jeff Varner, Twila Tanner, Chris Daugherty, Shane Powers, Danni Boatwright, Heidi Strobel, Sean Rector. I'm sick of seeing players return that have already played many times before.
Wow man, you have some sick Survivor recall skills. I can't compete with that LOL. I mainly remember certain players based on their hotness LOL. Still got a soft spot for Rupes though. What are your thoughts on Parvati?

Wow man, you have some sick Survivor recall skills. I can't compete with that LOL. I mainly remember certain players based on their hotness LOL. Still got a soft spot for Rupes though. What are your thoughts on Parvati?

She's honestly lucky to get the praise she does. On her first time around, she was the token hot girl. She got cast in Fans vs Favourites to fill the same role, from what I've heard she was only cast because they couldn't get Peih-Gee from China or Sally from Panama to commit. It was only after that time that she became the "villain" that got her cast for HvV. I'm amazed when I read all the young female bios and how they compare themselves to Parvati. It is literally like Jefra from last season becoming a cult icon in the next five years.

ETA: If one of James/Penner don't get med-evac'd, or Kathy doesn't quit, then FvF1 has a final 3 and it becomes a completely different result. Cirie wins, the show becomes completely differently edited and Parvati probably doesn't get the same amount of praise she does. Very, very, very lucky girl.

Marcus Lehman - Survivor: Gabon (doctor, astronomically high IQ - more of a genius than a geek type)
I remember him as the guy whose peen popped out of his shorts in a challenge and they missed pixilating it. :laugh: See, the things that stick in my mind about certain contestants are very shallow reasons LOL.

I remember him as the guy whose peen popped out of his shorts in a challenge and they missed pixilating it. :laugh: See, the things that stick in my mind about certain contestants are very shallow reasons LOL.

It's okay. I paid very close attention in Caramoan when Brenda Lowe had an uncensored nip slip :D

True. Cochran springs to mind, he was a superfan apparently, all over the forums in the years before he was cast.

My favourite early season was Survivor Australia with that hottie Texan guy Colby. It's just a shame it went through a stage where the show sort of got taken over by the greedy famewhores like Rob Mariano, and Russell Hantz.
Ah Colby we lived in his hometown when he was on survivor. He was such a nice, genuine guy. This is the same hometown of Matthew McConaughey, one of my friends lived in the same neighbourhood as his Mom. I would go have coffee on her front porch while he ran or biked shirtless. He always waved and smiled at all the women who had morning coffee on the porch...there were a lot of us.

Totally agree, Parvati is overrated and VERY lucky. I think she is good at playing people, but not some Survivor legend.

I'd forgotton completely about Kathy until you mentioned her. What a hot mess. Why would someone like her even apply?

How on earth do you manage to retain such encyclopedic knowledge and recall of so many seasons of Survivor. Seriously. Mind blown.

Totally agree, Parvati is overrated and VERY lucky. I think she is good at playing people, but not some Survivor legend.

I'd forgotton completely about Kathy until you mentioned her. What a hot mess. Why would someone like her even apply?

How on earth do you manage to retain such encyclopedic knowledge and recall of so many seasons of Survivor. Seriously. Mind blown.

Superfan, but she was on meds pre-show (I think for depression?) and lied/went cold turkey because she so desperately wanted to play. Anyway, rumour is that she and Penner were super close and he was always looking out for her emotionally. When he got med-evac'd, Kathy took it really poorly. She'd had enough, but didn't want to be seen as a quitter, so she planned to have an 'accident' with the machete and cut off a little part of her finger so she could be med-evac'd. Eliza and production stepped in and she basically gave in and quit after Probst told her that production respected her decision and wouldn't hold it against her.

Hahaha, it's the result of a lot of reading and re-watching seasons multiple times. I think the most times I've rewatched a season is Guatemala, China and Gabon with four (on top of the original watches when they were airing). I can't bring myself to do a full rewatch of Redemption Island, though. I've seen up until the second/third post-merge episode three times but it's just so difficult to keep going from there.

Wow, cool story about Kathy. Cutting your finger off to get medi-vacced is definitely the work of a crazy person who probably shouldn't be there. Ha, Eliza, now she makes me laugh, best moment "that idol is just a fucking stick". :laugh:

Anyway, my hats off to you @beardymac, I don't know how you do it. No clue how, but I like it.

Drew was rowing captain of his school and definitely has the bro-vibe. He hangs around in bars, I don't see many "geeks" doing that. Sorry but I really disagree with your assessment of Drew being this amazingly "unique" casting choice.[DOUBLEPOST=1416655383][/DOUBLEPOST]

You'd wanna watch Survivor: Philippines. One of the best seasons in recent years, and not just because of the eye candy men and women they cast :)
Yes, I can see you don't agree and you obviously know more reality people than I do. But if you contrast Drew with Ed, Matt and Caleb, you might see what I mean about him not being a bro.

So far you have mentioned two or three guys who are like him, maybe unique is too strong, but he is unique in my experience. I feel he is closest to Malcolm. The difference is probably because I don't see Drew as bro type at all, but closer in personality to the smarter, geeky guys.
Didn't he make Tully that protection thing from Zelda or Final Fantasy, I don't remember exactly what it was. I can't see Ed or Matt doing something like that, just one example.

Can't think of any U.S. big brother players like him, but I'm obviously not an expert super fan like you.

Back