Skip to main content

Masterchef 2017

Is a souvlaki/gyros the same as a yiros? That's what we call them in SA.
Souvlaki, gyros, yeeros, yiros, doner Kebab and Shawarma are all pretty much the same thing depending on where you live as far as I can tell. The bread may differ slightly as some have turkish heritage, some greek and some arab, and kebabs often have more vege/sauce options.

Is a souvlaki/gyros the same as a yiros? That's what we call them in SA.

You South Australians are a special bunch.

Leygo.
photo.jpg

71b8c05e-b27c-44d4-ae10-86ea7fa925e4.jpg

I think this cake will make itself known next year! it seems fiddly enough to be a masterchef challenge

...hahaha!... whoever made that needs a definite face slapping and a stab in the eye with a fork for the wankiness of it all and yes... no doubt it will make an appearance next year as you say Isee lol!... cheers.

71b8c05e-b27c-44d4-ae10-86ea7fa925e4.jpg

I think this cake will make itself known next year! it seems fiddly enough to be a masterchef challenge

This cake took a professional chef with 20 years experience and a team of 6 assistants 7 hours to make.

You are by yourself and have... 60 minutes!!!... and you time starts.... NOW!

This cake took a professional chef with 20 years experience and a team of 6 assistants 7 hours to make.

You are by yourself and have... 60 minutes!!!... and you time starts.... NOW!

...bwahahahaha!... that's so funny but will end up being so true too lol!... cheers.

...speaking of pretentious food... I came across this website below a little while back...

http://www.shittyfoodmadepretentious.com/pretentious-recipes

...and found it to be quite hilarious in most parts... it's way too long to post on here so I'll just post the link... the heading of the article is called "Shitty food made Pretentious"... and I just love the "Peanut and Jelly" dish lol!... this is the result...

upload_2017-8-19_19-36-43.jpeg

...such a big dish for such little food lol!... ...it takes the piss out of the pretentious wankiness of some dishes... funny as!... cheers.

Oh that is hilarious. Its probably jellified roast or something too. (Edit to add...Pic hasn't come up but saying this about the jigsaw)

...oh... didn't the image show for you Isee?... how about this version?... cheers.

2017-08-19_19-59-16.jpg

...while looking at that jigsaw dish above I followed a link to Pinterest and lo and behold!... I found more of those 'rubik's cube' dishes... they must be all the latest rage or something I guess?... lol!... cheers.

620211aa68c3a3ed93280d226df56bbe.jpg

0515958752635b18e1fb76e028f0f106--french-pastry-french-cake.jpg

43a3f28f59db0dcdf9470ae2e173da5b--instagram-repost-red-black.jpg

4e8245fdf0bef09245e974703d8e11ad--photography-baking-petit-fours.jpg

0178787b91aa8fceed09d73cf9651eb9--anniversary-cakes-french-desserts.jpg

...and the wankfest continues... get a load of this... the worlds most expensive Hamburger... the cost?... $5,000 lol!... yeah riiiiiiight!... I'll have two thanks!... from this website below... cheers.

https://roaminghunger.com/blog/7135/what-does-the-most-expensive-burger-look-like

What Does The Most Expensive Burger Look Like?

May 14, 2014

First We Feast conducted a nation-wide search for the most expensive burgers and what on earth could justify their outrageous prices. Not surprisingly, the world’s most expensive burger is an American creation, fit for the high-rollers in its city of sin. It’s a cut above New York’s 666 Douche Burger, wrapped in six sheets of gold leaf, and basically drowns the 777 Burger of Burger Brasserie in its 100-year-old aged balsamic vinegar. So what does the world’s most expensive burger look like? THIS

(photo credit: DesignTaxi)

THE FLEURBURGER 5000 is aptly named for its whopping $5,000 price tag. You can find this luxurious, decadent concoction of Chef, Hubert Keller, at his restaurant, Fleur, in Las Vegas’ Mandalay Bay. His masterpiece consists of a “Wagyu beef and foie gras burger patty, topped with truffle sauce and shaved black truffles, served on a brioche truffle bun” (Sterling, Justine, Delish.com.) If the truffle party in your mouth gets to be a little too rich, there is a $2,500 bottle of Bordeaux served alongside your dish to “wash things down with.” At the end of the meal, patrons get to take home their Ichendorf glass (the Bordeaux is served in) and a certificate of authenticity as bragging rights.

Takeaway Point: If you are looking to blow all of your Vegas winnings in one sitting, be sure to head over to Fleur and instantly become the coolest person in the room.

...and the wankfest continues... get a load of this... the worlds most expensive Hamburger... the cost?... $5,000 lol!... yeah riiiiiiight!... I'll have two thanks!... from this website below... cheers.

https://roaminghunger.com/blog/7135/what-does-the-most-expensive-burger-look-like

What Does The Most Expensive Burger Look Like?

May 14, 2014

First We Feast conducted a nation-wide search for the most expensive burgers and what on earth could justify their outrageous prices. Not surprisingly, the world’s most expensive burger is an American creation, fit for the high-rollers in its city of sin. It’s a cut above New York’s 666 Douche Burger, wrapped in six sheets of gold leaf, and basically drowns the 777 Burger of Burger Brasserie in its 100-year-old aged balsamic vinegar. So what does the world’s most expensive burger look like? THIS

(photo credit: DesignTaxi)

THE FLEURBURGER 5000 is aptly named for its whopping $5,000 price tag. You can find this luxurious, decadent concoction of Chef, Hubert Keller, at his restaurant, Fleur, in Las Vegas’ Mandalay Bay. His masterpiece consists of a “Wagyu beef and foie gras burger patty, topped with truffle sauce and shaved black truffles, served on a brioche truffle bun” (Sterling, Justine, Delish.com.) If the truffle party in your mouth gets to be a little too rich, there is a $2,500 bottle of Bordeaux served alongside your dish to “wash things down with.” At the end of the meal, patrons get to take home their Ichendorf glass (the Bordeaux is served in) and a certificate of authenticity as bragging rights.

Takeaway Point: If you are looking to blow all of your Vegas winnings in one sitting, be sure to head over to Fleur and instantly become the coolest person in the room.
So 5grand for a mushroom, pate and beef burger basically. They can F right off with this wankiness!

So 5grand for a mushroom, pate and beef burger basically. They can F right off with this wankiness!

I guess none of us want to "instantly become the coolest person in the room".
I wouldn't think someone who ordered that was cool, I'd think they were a bloody idiot.
I bet someone like Tully would kill to have a selfie taken with that meal.

Back