Skip to main content

MARRIED @1ST - IS A HYBRID BB, 20 HMS

Holiday in Melbourne, doing some online work with MAFS repeat on ......OMG this show is simply evil, EVIL

Latest filth - the sweet farmer dude is an aspiring ACTOR!

These people are incredibly WEIRD, all of them
Apart from a few shops, you'd never know it's a holiday here. Gone are the days when every public holiday meant that everything, except hospitals, airports, weekend timetables for public transport, emergency services and a few other things was closed.

Unfortunately 9 got lucky with the fist series.....by a fluke, these lovely people

3E2F38FE00000578-0-Zoe_has_been_with_her_MAFS_partner_Alex_since_the_first_season_o-m-50_1489294623369.jpg

Gave this shit show some cred it does not deserve.....

It truly lives up to 9's rep for producing the worst RTV show possibly in the world, the most deceitful and manipulative shit is totally OWNED, by 9, with no morals and no regrets.

They really do make fake crap and drag it out to make it torturous fake crap, this and the Block are beyond the pale.

MAFS is car crash stuff, they are so horrible you watch adds etc in a state of shock

If like me you just watch the adds, and in adds, and abit of the show here and there - because frankly that is all you need to follow this car crash crap, well here they do recaps , it feels like research on the demise of 9 inhouse production, please outsource, everything is so hamfisted footy show shit

recap
MARRIED At First Sight’s toxic couple Andrew and Cheryl have crashed down in flames and decided to split following a group commitment ceremony filled with eye rolls, accusations and heavy passive aggressive undertones.

On Sunday night’s episode, we witness all the couples feign satisfaction with their life choices and decide to stay with the partner they were matched with through the powers of psychologists, science and that computer Alicia Silverstone’s character uses in Clueless to put together her outfits every morning.

But for group outcast Cheryl and jilted groom Andrew, they decide they’re done with this modern-day exercise in self mutilation.

“I’m disgusted. I’m just looking forward to telling him how I feel,” Cheryl tells us while lashing some illuminator across her cheekbone in the bathroom before heading to the commitment ceremony.

We all know what Cheryl’s talking about. It’s always such an electric moment when you hit your straps during a breakup and everything you’ve rehearsed in the bathroom just starts rolling out.

Once they take a seat in front of the experts, psychologist John Aiken turns into Regina George and starts probing them with questions he knows they’ll rile up at.

“Do you think that Cheryl hasn’t put the work in?” he asks Andrew.

Cheryl jumps in.

“I’M THE ONE WHO INSTIGATED THIS,” she says with the same agitation you feel when one of your friends starts telling you to watch House Of Cards even though you were telling them to watch it years ago and they just dismissed it.

fe2aff30bae78183dce0fa86b800ec7d

Cheryl has more annoyed-looking faces than she does Instagram followers.Source:Channel 9

Andrew plays the victim.

“I just feel so frustrated that I’m in this situation where I’m prepared to give up so much and all I’m asking for is a decent conversation and I feel like I can’t get there with Cheryl,” he says. “I feel like I’ve been shut down just getting to know Cheryl. That’s one of the few signs that screams out to me that Cheryl hasn’t put the work in. Or doesn’t want to commit to at least getting to know me. I mean, she’s not interested. I can’t remember the last time she asked how I was to be honest.”

It needs to be noted, Cheryl makes some terrific faces tonight.

69590cf8d95ec6439c0b506d4add83ff

Ugh.Source:Channel 9

They bicker about who’s been a crappier partner.

“I’ve just had enough. Had enough of the whole situation,” Andrew says.

The infamous “boys’ night” is dragged up again. Andrew again plays dumb and refuses to remember anything that went down and then the experts CC Sean in on the email to get him to repeat everything he said at the dinner party the other night.

In perhaps the most accurate call of the series, Cheryl says she reckons Andrew only agreed to come back on the show “just to catch up with people”.

It’s a fabulous insight and I don’t mean to sound so shocked that it came from Cheryl.

Aiken asks Andrew if he played even the smallest part in the breakdown of his marriage to Cheryl. And he doesn’t even pretend to graciously take some responsibility.

“I just can’t put my finger on it,” he says.

Cheryl totally has some thoughts.

56d2c1c763a71794c43f79fb49b7539b

“Oh I’ll put my finger on it.”Source:Channel 9

It’s clear they’re both dying to get the F out of this marriage. But when the experts ask for their decisions, they both lie and say they’ve done some deep soul searching to reach their decision. They then both beg to have their fake marriage annulled.

Their wish is granted.

Andrew shows more emotion to that jerk Anthony, embracing him on the way out and whispering in his ear: “Miss you already.”

Blind and deaf people buried under ground could sense Andrew and Cheryl’s breakup coming a mile away. And the only surprising thing to come out of the commitment ceremony is that Michelle decides to stay with Jesse even though she’s not attracted to him at all and has had several meltdowns over the fact she feels nothing for him.

While she visibly shudders at the touch of Jesse, he’s still completely oblivious to her severe disinterest.

She wants to breakup and it seems like tonight is the night. In front of the experts, she craps on for 10 minutes, thanking him for being so nice. She keeps beating around the bush. The words are coming. But she keeps slowly winding her way to the punch. He knows it’s coming. We know it’s coming. She cries. He cries. Michelle’s twin sister Sharon cries.

128d545872467609704f024ef3add6a9

Seriously just stick the knife in.Source:Channel 9

We’ve all been in a breakup like this. And eventually, it comes time for Michelle to just say it.

But her decision takes a turn.

“I made a commitment to you that day so I am staying,” she reveals.

And with that, Michelle traps herself in a hell of her own making and we retract any scrap of sympathy we’ve ever felt for her.

Jesse isn’t the guy for her. And that’s OK. Michelle needs to come to terms with this and accept the fact that, sometimes, even experts and Alicia Silverstone’s wardrobe computer occasionally get it wrong.
http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...9/news-story/50c2a99853667bb5bef98dd2b515d85e

A few aspects of this show are unsettling. Like yes it's highly contrived but what's new.

That weird thing where they could only leave if both wanted to do so, if one wanted to stay then the other must to... umm hello abusuve relationship? I know it's not a real relationship, but yeah... no.

Cheryl's slut shaming was the worst, I'm just glad the show has been sympathetic to her and not given her the "slut" edit.

Several of the men on this show are vile, maybe that's extreme but they have come across very poorly.

I almost feel for Jesse's twin. Not really, but I remember being a young girl myself and preferring to strung people along all to avoid having the awkward conversation. That was in my teenage years though, it absolutely does not fly with a grown woman dating a grown man. She'd totally ghost him in real life I think, which is the worst.

Unfortunately 9 got lucky with the fist series.....by a fluke, these lovely people

3E2F38FE00000578-0-Zoe_has_been_with_her_MAFS_partner_Alex_since_the_first_season_o-m-50_1489294623369.jpg

Gave this shit show some cred it does not deserve.....

It truly lives up to 9's rep for producing the worst RTV show possibly in the world, the most deceitful and manipulative shit is totally OWNED, by 9, with no morals and no regrets.

They really do make fake crap and drag it out to make it torturous fake crap, this and the Block are beyond the pale.

MAFS is car crash stuff, they are so horrible you watch adds etc in a state of shock

Yep they got soooo lucky, they will claim this couple forever. Fair enough I guess since they were responsiblr for them meeting but I feel like zero science was involved.

Alex and Zoe seem so sweet though!

Reactions: kxk
The "science" is the most absurd thing about the show. It's basically about putting two people together and seeing if they want to hook up, with the added bonus that they get to sit back and see if they start to like each other or self-destruct. Any success is more luck than science.

The "science" is the most absurd thing about the show. It's basically about putting two people together and seeing if they want to hook up, with the added bonus that they get to sit back and see if they start to like each other or self-destruct. Any success is more luck than science.

Yes completely ridiculous. I'm surprised a psychologist would want to have their name attached to this tbh.

I've wondered this even with dating sites like e harmony, surely statistically if you match enough people who are seriously looking for love you will start to get a good rate? This show is similar, however throw in the mix people looking for fame or those not taking it seriously plus the F'd up nature of the show and you'll have less luck but something can stick away from the show.

Also why do the "experts" watch on that tiny screen? Can't they all watch on a big screen??

This show has changed so much, it kind of seems like a stretch to call it a dating show, is the goal of the show actually to find lasting couples?

Last dregs, dragged this stuff out so much you rarely need to watch, so obvious most of them bar a small handful are CREEPS who should never mate or procreate.

The real people v the fakes, the fakes can't even pretend very well,and the real people should stick it to them at the finale.
IE Jess, tell that fake twin her shit don't sparkle and she has lied forever

This is good fodder for trash talk, primo trash tv
I hate the dude expert - with the tragic 90's spike do.....but they all should be shot, what a disgrace

This is good fodder for trash talk, primo trash tv
I hate the dude expert - with the tragic 90's spike do.....but they all should be shot, what a disgrace
Guess it's their only shot at fame. :rolleyes:
I doubt these "experts" matched up the ones that could work, more like they only did the train wrecks.

Ms Chatty & Mr Lump of Wood up first, dump him and run - or you will be buried alive with that dead man

Simon & Aleni could work, if she ignores her "friend" who really isn't one.
Vanessa is looking for someone she'll never find, shit, even her dad "got" it.

Ms Chatty & Mr Lump of Wood up first, dump him and run - or you will be buried alive with that dead man
I disagree with you there, she needs him more than he needs her, she just doesn't get it yet.
Ya can breathe without talking. LOL

Stats for this show would be interesting, do more males apply or more females? And how many?
Cause it's not matchmaking if it's picking from a few dregs.
Is Vanessa Miss Chatty?

yeah that couple are so boring I haven't really watched any episodes with them, and have no idea other than surface stuff
But omg I could not take his silence and dullness

Stats for this show would be interesting, do more males apply or more females? And how many?
Cause it's not matchmaking if it's picking from a few dregs.
Is Vanessa Miss Chatty?
Don't know, have only watched occassionly, I think the ones that may work were matched by the websites, not these "experts"
Vanessa is Little Miss Chatterbox.

Back