Skip to main content

Love Island Australia - Coming to 9Go & 9Now

Why would they re-invent when they can piggy back on the cheap

I wasn't saying they should reinvent Love Island... I'm just saying that Paradise Hotel IMO is a far superior format...

Also from what I understand Love Island has a lot more sex than anything that happened on Paradise Hotel... Paradise really wasn't sleazy so much as it was all about the drama and evil twists... By the end of the series the "romance" aspect really fell to the wayside...

Exactly
Love Island is Paradise Hotel without Americans who just talked tactics all the time, all they cared about was the win.

Love Island - is more about forming relationships of all kinds, friends, lovers, pranksters whatever
It is way more like BB
Was it Paradise Hotel that then did it on boat? And they had this one woman that stole all the screen time,loud and weird

Was it Paradise Hotel that then did it on boat? And they had this one woman that stole all the screen time,loud and weird

That was another show that came before Paradise Hotel... The name escapes me but I do remember Toni was cast on both shows... The boat show you’re referring to was actually cancelled after only a few episodes...
After Paradise Hotel Fox tried a similar format called Forever Eden...

No matter how you all try and compare the two shows I still prefer Paradise Hotel...

Reactions: kxk
I am legit excited for this!!! It will hopefully be really good!!! I heard rumours that Sophie Monk might be hosting this. I reckon she would be perfect for this show!!!

It's gonna be on 9GO so hopefully it can be a bit naughtier than what they did with Big Brother on 9!

Actually the host doesn't do much, no need for sophie, get some nobody cheap

And will Aussies bonk at all, let alone as freely as Brits? Show doesn't depend on that, but being relateable with young people may

Well 9 have begun to ensure they ruin this............they suck so bad at rtv, the Brit show was fun fluff

Dire casting, the old dude in the middle who is a dickhead, and one half of the plastic twins.....errrrr
4685004100000578-5098405-image-a-9_1511135331323.jpg

Too old, too boring, fresh young blood needed not recycled old bogans.

Well 9 have begun to ensure they ruin this............they suck so bad at rtv, the Brit show was fun fluff

Dire casting, the old dude in the middle who is a dickhead, and one half of the plastic twins.....errrrr

Too old, too boring, fresh young blood needed not recycled old bogans.

This show will be unbearable. I thought Sophie as the potential host is bad enough and unwatchable material for me.

Reactions: kxk
Practically confirmed that Sophie Monk will be host.

Apparently it will begin in "Australia's winter months" Yay! That was the same time period when BB was on Channel Ten. :) I loved watching BB in the cold winter months! :coldfeet: Hope Love Island will be just as good!

Wasting money on the host, who is not at all important - casting too old rehashed creeps ....don't hold much hope for this, shame

Wasting money on the host, who is not at all important - casting too old rehashed creeps ....don't hold much hope for this, shame

Sophie Monk was finally confirmed as host on Today Friday morning. You are right that the host is not that important in the UK version but we don't have much else to discuss so far! :p

Love Island Australia will be using the same house and set as the UK version in Spain. That means the Australian version will probably run August-September after the UK finishes their season 4. Sophie has said she will be in Spain for 2 months. Season 1 of Love Island Australia will probably run for about 6 weeks though it could be somewhat extended like the Australian version of I'm A Celebrity being 6 weeks instead of just 3 like the UK version.

Read in a article that Sophie will be travelling to Spain at the end of the month for Love Island.

Maybe the show will be starting sooner than we think? Sometime in April...

So is Davina the only "celebrity"? (lol).
I had the impression it was going to be something a bit better than this.

Back