Skip to main content

Last movie you saw

Went adn saw 300 last night and I for one loved it. It's definately one of those either love it or hate it films but i was mesmerised from the moment it started.

A bit light on substance wouldn't you agree? Nice visually but there's very little else to crow about.

A bit light on substance wouldn't you agree? Nice visually but there's very little else to crow about.

Hmm i don't know about that Gig. I've heard a few people say that. A friend of mine said she thought it went pretty slowly, but i actually loved it. I think it's one of those love it or hate it type of movies. Either you'll rave about it or not.
I'm obviously in the rave category :D

Taking this 20 year old to the movies tomorrow (could be could be maybe...),

Yeah, a bit young for me, I know, he's just a friend of course. He looks a bit like Scott of Temptation.

what do you think we should see? 300? ;)

Happy Feet
dance3.gif

smileysplat.gif

Hmm i don't know about that Gig. I've heard a few people say that. A friend of mine said she thought it went pretty slowly, but i actually loved it. I think it's one of those love it or hate it type of movies. Either you'll rave about it or not.
I'm obviously in the rave category :D

Oh I wouldn't say I hated it, it was okay although it took itself a bit too seriously but I've seen worse... I was just disappointed that director/s neglected other facets of a movie like...a sign of a plot and character development perhaps?

300 definitely has nothing on Sin City though, that's the best adaptation of a "graphic novel" I've seen so far. Blows 300 completely out of the water, no contest. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah, a bit young for me, I know, he's just a friend of course. He looks a bit like Scott of Temptation.

Not that I care about your cradle snatching and what else you get up to in your private life but a reviewer from The Age, Jim Schrembri I think it was, did say 300 was the friendliest male homosexual movie in eons. :rolleyes:

Make of that what you will.

He's built a bit too much like one of the characters for a 20 year old, lol!

Well, I may or may not go, we'll see....I only do so with full disclosure to the right people.

Also, "Disturbia" may be worth seeing.

You sound like your buddy Dave, a sexual predator..

Or you could go see "Are We done" so he knows what to expect later on ;)

Last edited:
lol Pawlini... Goldenberry isnt that your boyfriend in the picture?

I have not been to the movies since Xmen 3. The last movie I watched at home was "School's Out"- The telemovie of Degrassi, when the gang graduates. Joey cheated on Caitlin (he lost his virginity to Tessa Campenelli, then Caitlin roots him, thinking he was a virgin)
My favourite part of the movie was Caitlin "Tessa? You fukced Tessa Campenelli?" lololololololololololol
Foxtel has been playing Walk the Line, so I have been watching that as well.

You sound like your buddy Dave, a sexual predator..

Or you could go see "Are We done" so he knows what to expect later on ;)

Wrong. The guy seems to like me. At least he chose me, someone of high morals, who will do the right thing by him. If you take some chick to a movie, does that automatically make you out to be a sex predator?

Oh, and Cosmodog, my other half knows him and likes him as well.

Not familiar with "Are We Done"

Last edited by a moderator:
Back on track after rediculous statements...

I must admit I did enjoy "Walk the Line", although it wasn't as rave-worthy as my mum made out.

Just seen 300, Hot Fuzz and Sunshine. All different all great but one thing in common all a bit gory.

Oh I wouldn't say I hated it, it was okay although it took itself a bit too seriously but I've seen worse... I was just disappointed that director/s neglected other facets of a movie like...a sign of a plot and character development perhaps?

300 definitely has nothing on Sin City though, that's the best adaptation of a "graphic novel" I've seen so far. Blows 300 completely out of the water, no contest. :cool:

Well with that i will whole heartedly agree. Sin City is up there in my favourite movies list now.

As for what i've seen lately. I went and saw 'Are We Done Yet?' tonight. It was bearable. Not a bad movie but it wasn't fantastic either. Watchable though.
TheN i saw 'Perfect Stranger' with Halle Berry and Bruce Willis. It was really good. A bit slow but the ending. Woah, didn't see that coming.

"Sin City" was woeful, I fell asleep. Just like I did in Madonna's "Evita".

Yes, I do want to see "300", but I can't see it being as good as Brad in "Troy"

:p

You sound like your buddy Dave, a sexual predator.

Since when did going to the movies with a 20 year old make someone a sexual predator!??? I doubt you'd be saying the same thing if Goldenberry was a women. And how can you call David a sexual predator for having a crush on Darren? He was 18! Would you be saying the same thing if David had had a crush on an 18 year old women? I don't think there's one hetrosexual male out there who isn't attracted to 18 year olds, and even younger teenagers.

My partner watched 'Sunshine' last night while i was working at the drive in. Then when i finished i went out and watched 'Shooter'. He said Sunshine was fairly good but he liked Shooter better.
I liked Shooter. It was a good action movie. And Mark Wahlberg without a shirt on! *Phwoar*

I went and saw Hot Fuzz tonight and loved it. It's definately not for everyone, very dark humour and quite gory, but it was brilliant if you like that sort of thing.

Back