Skip to main content

Last movie you saw

Taxi Driver- 70's classic. A searing look into the concepts of heroism (or the American version of it), loneliness, masculinity, feminity, violence, the role of media in shaping violence, plus so much more that I won't get into right now.

JFK- A movie that has been thoroughly and completely debunked by minds much smarter and more knowledgeable than me.

Snowden- Interesting film. The issues of privacy that this film puts forth is no doubt important. Stuff like spying through webcams and reading private emails is scary. I hope that this will not fade away.

Die Hard 2 and Die Hard with a Vengence- Both fun pointless mindless action flicks that speak to the darkness of my soul.

I saw the Louis Theroux documentary, My Scientology Movie. One of my relatives got involved with them about 20 years ago. They still harass him all these years later. I answered the phone once and it was them so I asked if I could speak to Xenu. :D Anyway, the movie was OK. Not one of his best, but it was quite funny at times. And scary that people can become so brain washed.

Last edited:
Outbreak- Kind of reminded me of that film Contagion with both being about deadly diseases. Frightening stuff.

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back.
I liked it more than the first one in the franchise. I do enjoy the Lee Child books which the movies are based on.

@kxk, the black and white movies I have seen are:

The Fortune Cookie.

The Apartment.

Marty.

12 Angry Men.

The Hustler.

Citizen Kane.

Schindler's List.

Mr Smith Goes to Washington.

The Song of Bernadette.

Psycho.

That is all I can think of at the moment. I've probably seen more. But still that is not enough.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them- Saw the movie. Great. Really great. Terrific. I enjoyed getting into the world of wizards and witches again. I liked the look of all the magical creatures. All the actors were great.

Sicario (didn't quite know what story it wanted to tell)
Irrational Man (this needed to go darker)
Cafe Society (quite enjoyed the bittersweet, I like Kristen Stewart when she's not in a shitty movie)
April and the Extraordinary World (enjoyed the inventiveness, but the characters lacked a bit, other than the cat)

Harry Potter films starting from the goblet of fire.

All the King's Men.

The Best man.

Gandhi.

i watched other films but i forget what they were

Room - interesting premise, enjoyed it but still left feeling it could've been more somehow. Maybe that was from the somewhat low key presentation of what could have been a overly 'sensational' story, in which case the fault is probably mine.

Star Wars Rouge One- way better than the force awakens.

Casablanca- What a tight script!

The Sting- Very entertaining film.

La La Land- Probably will win some Oscars. First song was a bit too hipster for my taste. But after that it settled down.

Back