Skip to main content

jessy_girl's junk food jamboree

My favourite Pringles flavour is BBQ (in Australia) and Paprika (in Europe).

I'm also meh about Kettle Chips - I don't know why. They get those bubbles in them that is flavourless and not satisfying. I love tomato flavoured chips like the Smiths ?ketchup ones. Ruffles are probably the best texture wise

I had a packet of Garlic flavoured Chips when I was in the Czech Republic about 8 years ago and the flavour they put in them was astonishing - so much garlicy goodness

I'm also meh about Kettle Chips - I don't know why. They get those bubbles in them that is flavourless and not satisfying. I love tomato flavoured chips like the Smiths ?ketchup ones. Ruffles are probably the best texture wise

I had a packet of Garlic flavoured Chips when I was in the Czech Republic about 8 years ago and the flavour they put in them was astonishing - so much garlicy goodness

oh yes those bubbles. i don't mind them.

It's the nothing feel about them. No substance. Too hard and yes, what is it about the bubbles? With Smiths you at least get substance.[DOUBLEPOST=1507891510][/DOUBLEPOST]
what do you hate about them?
They're nothing. A bit like Sakatas.

Yes, I think it's the bubbliness that puts me off too. They're too light and wafery (shut up spellcheck, wafery is a word if I say so, I don't mean watery).

I miss cheese pringles.

Time for another rant about chips. Not Pringles this time (though the supermarkets are still only stocking crap - Mexican burritos etc). But now there's three DISGUSTING new flavours of Smiths crisps. SERIOUSLY? I know without tasting them exactly what these will taste like - salt, salt and more salt.

When I briefly lived in London in 1977, Smith's crisps had a little sachet of salt in them so you could regulate how much you had on them. Excellent. The chips in Australia didn't but they did have a very different taste to other mainstream salted chips. They've changed the taste and for a long time they've tasted the same. Still my favourite chips though, if I'm going to have chips. Love the small freebie packets I get at the Blood Bank. Just enough to satisfy me.
Are these ones really bad?

When I briefly lived in London in 1977, Smith's crisps had a little sachet of salt in them so you could regulate how much you had on them. Excellent. The chips in Australia didn't but they did have a very different taste to other mainstream salted chips. They've changed the taste and for a long time they've tasted the same. Still my favourite chips though, if I'm going to have chips. Love the small freebie packets I get at the Blood Bank. Just enough to satisfy me.
Are these ones really bad?

I haven't tried these ones and I don't think I will to be honest. Maybe I would if they had smaller sample packs. Real pulled pork is of course nice but I don't think they can replicate the flavour in a chip - I bet it's just salty.

I remember when there used to be little sachets of extra flavour - maybe it was Samboy.

I quite like Red Rock Honey Soy chips, but my absolute favourite was cheese Pringles, which they stopped making (or at least stocking in Australia) a few years ago. They also used to have something called O'Grady's au gratin, which were ridged cheese chips. Yes, I like cheese chips, but Doritos don't have the right texture and Twisties & Cheezels are too simple (after the first one they all taste exactly the same).

I'll tell you what is nice, and I only bought these because they were on special for $6 and I've only seen them at one Coles.
Tastes like Jaffas.
881432.jpg

the peking duck chips tasted like sauce. the pulled pork chips just tasted bland. just like most of the smith's range.

I'll tell you what is nice, and I only bought these because they were on special for $6 and I've only seen them at one Coles.
Tastes like Jaffas.
881432.jpg
Ooh, don't mind a bit of blood orange. There's a soft drink here, ALT blood orange. I've only seen it at Roll'd. Not all that sweet.[DOUBLEPOST=1520412331][/DOUBLEPOST]
Bought this today.....tastes like Maccas

lu2v57snpm101.jpg
I have some. A bit sweet but essentially it's Big Mac sauce. Yum.

Cheap As Chips have cheese Pringles, but they are imported from Malaysia and have "NEW FLAVOUR". They are halfway there, but too salty for me.

Back