Skip to main content

jessy_girl's junk food jamboree

recently discovered new favourite

Crust Pizza's "Truffle Beef Rossini"
Wagyu Beef, Wild Mushrooms, Caramelised Onions on a Béchamel base garnished with Fresh Parsley & Basil, topped with Authentic Buffalo Mozzarella & Black Truffle Aioli = OMG I tell you this is to die for!!

Truffle500x333.png

before that it was the "Thailand" from local gourmet pizza place
BBQ chicken breast on a Thai style red curry sauce with carrot, zucchini, broccoli, green capsicum and sun dried tomatoes with snow pea sprouts and sweet chilli sauce - also to die for BUT that was before I was corrupted over the the Rossini ....

BUT my guilty pleasure is the 9 pieces for $9 deal ... KFC on a Tuesday night ... (I don't eat all 9 pieces at once though ... and my son eats most of it ... )
and my other guilty pleasure is mixing KFC potato and gravy on a spoon with a bit of KFC coleslaw ...

when I was a sales rep in another life (ie long long ago) I'd pull into KFC and just order the potato & gravy and coleslaw in small tubs and have at it in the carpark .. no chicken required!

(slinking off now ... if you tell anyone - I will DENY DENY DENY!!!!) :bag: o_O :greedy: :redface:

recently discovered new favourite

Crust Pizza's "Truffle Beef Rossini"
Wagyu Beef, Wild Mushrooms, Caramelised Onions on a Béchamel base garnished with Fresh Parsley & Basil, topped with Authentic Buffalo Mozzarella & Black Truffle Aioli = OMG I tell you this is to die for!!

Truffle500x333.png

before that it was the "Thailand" from local gourmet pizza place
BBQ chicken breast on a Thai style red curry sauce with carrot, zucchini, broccoli, green capsicum and sun dried tomatoes with snow pea sprouts and sweet chilli sauce - also to die for BUT that was before I was corrupted over the the Rossini ....

BUT my guilty pleasure is the 9 pieces for $9 deal ... KFC on a Tuesday night ... (I don't eat all 9 pieces at once though ... and my son eats most of it ... )
and my other guilty pleasure is mixing KFC potato and gravy on a spoon with a bit of KFC coleslaw ...

when I was a sales rep in another life (ie long long ago) I'd pull into KFC and just order the potato & gravy and coleslaw in small tubs and have at it in the carpark .. no chicken required!

(slinking off now ... if you tell anyone - I will DENY DENY DENY!!!!) :bag: o_O :greedy: :redface:

Oh yes I forgot about that pizza recommendation, it does sound pretty amazing even with a green item featuring. I might make this happen soon. There's so much from Crust I haven't tried.

I love the KFC potato and gravy so much, I am usually a bit scared of their coleslaw but something tells me I would like this combination.

Oh yes I forgot about that pizza recommendation, it does sound pretty amazing even with a green item featuring. I might make this happen soon. There's so much from Crust I haven't tried.

I love the KFC potato and gravy so much, I am usually a bit scared of their coleslaw but something tells me I would like this combination.
don't know what you're talking about jessy_girl :angelic: ;)

just don't tell anyone that I led you over to the dark side ;)

Haha this thread is quite fitting for you JG...

I'm a sucker for burgers. I really am! I think there should be a drive through option for any burger place. But since there isn't, the whopper is my favourite. Not that I eat this often that is.

And garlic bread! Take the pizza, but leave me the garlic bread!

Haha this thread is quite fitting for you JG...

I'm a sucker for burgers. I really am! I think there should be a drive through option for any burger place. But since there isn't, the whopper is my favourite. Not that I eat this often that is.

And garlic bread! Take the pizza, but leave me the garlic bread!

Haha, I know! I'm glad to see some junk food solidarity. I have to agree with you re: burgers, they really are all good, I've even been known to eat a veggie burger before, that's how much I like burgers. Whoppers are my favourite of all!

And yes I loooove garlic bread!

I sound like i'm high, but seriously every food that will ever get mentioned here is probably a favourite of mine.

our local pizza place makes the best garlic bread ... there's usually only half left by the time I get the pizza home :redface:

in my defence it IS about a 10 minute drive ... that counts for something doesn't it??

...we had some fish tonight and when at 'Aldi's' the other day I threw in a bag of those 'curly fries' form the fridge (which are a corkscrew type of shape)... aw man!... they tasted so nice!... yum!... I have many food vices but have had to cut them right back since my stroke so I am only allowed the rare treat every now and then lol!... I'll get back to you on those other food vices as I go along... I'd rather tell you my bad habits in small doses so that I don't sound so bad lol!... cheers.

I can just picture you picking off the green items with a tong, lol.

...[okay... confession time]... I've ALWAYS loved 'crackling'... I'm a 'crackling-a-holic'... I really am... so bad!... since I was a teenager I've always wondered about just how good it would be to be able to put something like a Rhinoceros on a rotating barbecue spit and just slowly let it cook to perfection... just imagine how good the crackling on that would be ????... (yes I know that they are a protected species of course lol!)... but!.... ** cue Homer Simpson drool**... I would just luuuuuurv to taste it!... I would've been good in the days of the Dinosaurs methinks lol!... Brontosaurus crackling... ** cue 2nd Homer Simpson drool**... just imagine that!... [confession over]... cheers. :)

Haha, I know! I'm glad to see some junk food solidarity. I have to agree with you re: burgers, they really are all good, I've even been known to eat a veggie burger before, that's how much I like burgers. Whoppers are my favourite of all!

And yes I loooove garlic bread!

I sound like i'm high, but seriously every food that will ever get mentioned here is probably a favourite of mine.
You are really bad to my eating habits...

But to add to this growing list... I love the garlic crackers and vegemite as a late night snack... Actually I already went through a pack (I'm not even slightly embarrassed about this)

Back