Skip to main content

Is Jake gay?

P

phoenixrose

Hi guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster here!

Not sure if this has been raised by anyone before, but I was wondering if anyone knew definitively whether Jake was gay or not?

I first got this vibe on launch night, by what he was wearing, his mannerisms and demeanour (very similar to some of my gay male friends).

This was later compounded by a few things, (although I don't know if i'm reading into it too much):

• He seemed to gravitate towards the female housemates as opposed to the males/bromances that are going on
  • I can't remember which night it was, but the housemates were all sitting on the couch, and I noticed Jake had his nails painted. Not that this is an indicator of homosexuality, but I didn't see any of the other guys with a full manicure set (I think Travis may have had one nail painted)
  • His reluctance to kiss/snuggle with Skye. In the spa scenes he seemed very awkward and put off by her forwardness. This is again not a red flag (Katie was the same when Ryan kissed her), but my male housemates commented "no straight guy would reject a harmless kiss or snuggle with Skye".
  • Another thing which piqued my interest was when Jason and Jake were walking around the pool, and Jason was sussing out (on Skye's behalf) whether Jake had feelings for her or not... Jason: Are you interested in anyone?
    Jake: ...... maybe.....why?
    Jason: Just curious
    Jake: Just curious? ...... What do you know, that I don't know, that you should tell me, that I should tell you? ...... Just curious?

I understand Jake may have been feeling awkward and on the spot about Skye's keen interest and whatnot, but he just seemed to be hesitating to admit a crush ("maybe... why?") but then later clarified: "I'm not really crushing on Skye at all" (Jake).
    I just feel like (this is a massive stretch!) he may have interest in Jason as a (fellow?) gay housemate and wanted to make it known that he *did* have a crush, just not on Skye.

Anyway, maybe it's all in my head, but just gauging anyone elses thoughts on this!

I hope poor Jake doesn't get the boot this week... I feel bad he's pretty much collateral damage from all the votes directed at Gemma!

Tbh it wouldn't surprise me but I don't believe Jake has embraced the faith so to speak.

Listen out if he plays the pronoun game.

7vxHKfN.gif

The second he walked out on stage, I thought he was gay. I still kind of think he is, but I wouldn't assume. As a girl, if a good lookingish guy tried to kiss me all drunk while I was sober, I probably wouldn't be that into it, either, so I don't blame him for not being totally ok with Skye's advances. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he just didn't like girls.

Interestingly there was a massive 'Is Tim gay?' thread last year. I wonder if they sit around at home eating ice cream and discussing how awkies they are with girls.

Does it really matter?

Nope, not at all. Just curious!

Just noticing that males in Aussie culture who have more exuberant or flamboyant personalities usually have their sexualities questioned... Myself being guilty of this in the creation of this thread.

I never once considered Tim Dormer gay from watching last year's season. He just seemed like a cheeky little ratbag if anything! :)

Nah. He is probably straight.

I just think he has a game plan and doesn't want to screw it up by going in a relationship.

Yeah, because of his "mannerisms and demeanor" he has to be gay. :meh:

He looks nerdy.

Don't confuse a nerdy look with homosexuality.

I think if he was gay and in the closet, he would try to hide it more, like by not wearing clothes that might suggest that he's gay. I think he's just not much into Skye, which is completely understandable. And he might also have been given advice (by Tim?) not to get into a relationship while on the show. Another possibility is that he doesn't like PDA.

Back