Skip to main content

Gogglebox Australia

Most of them own a business - that isn't a good representation.

We need more info obviously.
But I hope there are some single Mums & Dad's
They need a few strugglers, on Disabilty pensions, on Newstart, and minimum wage earners.
And I do hope they add more diversity if/when it kicks off.
More migrants, refugees and so on.....they would be interesting, tend to be very conservative voters though.

A Vicar would be a good addition too @qtkt , and a GP, people that people go to with troubles/problems
I hope it turns out they are well rounded and some volunteer or do something more community minded

There's a Vicar on Gogglebox in the UK. That would be more fun I reckon. Commenting on current events is pretty close to some of my work.

Reactions: kxk
Common Sense starts tonight at 8.40pm.
Do we need a new thread?
Or should we watch along here 1st, and if it sucks no thread?

Common Sense starts tonight at 8.40pm.
Do we need a new thread?
Or should we watch along here 1st, and if it sucks no thread?

Maybe just in here for now.

Speaking of sucks... I watched that Behave Yourself last night, which you said sucked. You were right, worst show I've seen in a long time.

I think they're all still upset after Masterchef. ;)

I'm watching but I'm not sure whether I'm enjoying it or not yet.

I think its pretty boring compared to Gogglebox. I can't see this coming back after the first season if it doesnt improve dramatically.

I guess it will depend on whether we connect with the cast. If they do t appeal to us, we won't care what they think.

One of those ladies in the bra shop reminds me of Denise Scott.

I think they're all still upset after Masterchef. ;)

I'm watching but I'm not sure whether I'm enjoying it or not yet.
I kinda liked it by the end. My faves were the man in van boys, much funnier that the prentious real estate boys. Like the fact that the people in the retirement home have a voice.

Speaking of sucks... I watched that Behave Yourself last night, which you said sucked. You were right, worst show I've seen in a long time.
If you made it past the first 10 minutes (got off to a bad start) it was actually pretty funny. I really enjoyed it.

I forgot about Common Sense.

I intended to watch it but didn't. Completely forgot. From the promos, the van boys seem ok. When is it on free to air? I am at my parents so was going to take advantage of Foxtel. Never mind, I am sure it will be online soon enough too.

It was quite boring, there is no focus point like Gogglebox, it might work better if they discuss something we can all focus on better, need footage, and fewer topics, fewer people eventually once they sort out some to chuck.
Van boys and oldies so far were the best TV. Butchers are OK. Didn't mind the posh old guys either.
Hairdressers and Asians suck
Throw away the dickhead real estate guys & ask the sock dudes from gogglebox to replace them, actually they should just do a double casting for Gogglebox, I mean a second cast and make gogglebox all year. Then do this with who is interested in from both casts.

Did love that every Aussie can do the PYNE whine
Bra ladies, OMG thay went overboard on make-up, wind it back strange ladies, fake eyelashes & blue eye shadow overload.
They reminded me of cheap version of those ladies in the shop on Kath & Kim.

They need to recruit taxi drivers & diversity, more working class and different ethnic back grounds

The HAIRDRESSERS, hmm

A star of Network Ten's Gogglebox spin-off Common Sense has made extraordinary uninformed claims about Cardinal George Pell on Thursday's episode.

During a segment, hairdresser Nicki weighed in on the recent news Pell was charged with 'historic sex offences' following 'multiple complaints'.

'I hope he gets found guilty,' the 31-year-old told her fellow salon worker, Kathy.

You don't want to listen to the story first?' Kathy responded, in disbelief.

Nicki added: 'No, I don't want to listen to it. You can tell just by his expressions on his face.'

'Yeah, but you're just judging him by looking at him! Just 'cause he looks like that,' Katy said.

'I watch enough movies to see what they look like when they're guilty,' Nicki added.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...claim-Cardinal-George-Pell.html#ixzz4m6uHe6if
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

OMG I laughed when she said the movie line, still laughing.....plenty of us have a feeling Pell just seems like a creep who covered stuff up...but he actually has a rather soft/gentle looking face - his eyes look haunted and grief stricken...no conclusions.....but all the Catholics I know do not think he is honest or authentic, who knows...but they must have evidence to prosecute such a public figure.

During the conversation about gay marriage, one of the hairdresser women also said something homophobic, like "it's just not right". It struck me as odd that a hairdresser, of all occupations, would be homophobic, yet all the big burly straight guys were supportive of it.

Forgot that bit, yep dump the hairdressers and get some more fun gay hairdressers in the mix- and in my hairdresser experiences, it is more the customers get into debates, whilst the hairdressers moderate and laugh.

I finally watched this but...meh. I read and watch a lot of news and twitter/FB so I already get my fill of both informed and uninformed responses about what's going on without watching people "at work" (yet not actually working) doing it for a tv show. I don't think I'll be watching ep 2.

Back