Skip to main content

Gogglebox Australia

This sounds like an interesting concept, but how much interest would this be to someone who doesn't watch much TV at all? Would you have to have watched the shows they're talking about? I'm a Celeb is about all I'm watching at the moment is all.

...to be honest pecan... if I didn't watch those shows before... because of their comments and reactions to those shows... I probably would make the effort to even watch them now even if I hadn't had the incentive before... that 'man in a lion cage' rubbish that was screened for instance... normally I wouldn't watch rubbish TV like that but I would now if it comes on again just to see why they had the reactions that they did... and that's probably why the other channels allow their TV shows to be screened on it for that reason alone methinks... (as I was discussing above with bleachy)... so yeah... it does work I guess... cheers.

I like it how Tom was like about Tyson Mayr: "I got no idea where he has come from but he is like god"

...haha!... funny...

Loving your enthusiasm @Mr Stickyfingers!

...I can't believe that I'm rabbiting on so much about this show... it's unusual for me to be THIS enthusiastic!... that's usually reserved for when 'Doctor Who' is in full swing on the 'Doctor Who' thread lolol!...

I doubt they need to or did get permission from other channels. I think they can get away with it under copyright laws if it's like under 10% or something. Don't quote me though.

The show would be a bit of a failure if they didnt have access to other network shows though.

...oh really?... wow!... now that's something new that I've learned today!... thanks for that snippet of info bleachy...

Ok, might be worth a watch then.

...you won't regret it my friend...

I'm rewatching it right now.

I found it funny how Tom was like, "I don't think I swear that much after watching these bitches"

...hahaha!... yeah I noticed that... hilarious!... cheers.

This sounds like an interesting concept, but how much interest would this be to someone who doesn't watch much TV at all? Would you have to have watched the shows they're talking about? I'm a Celeb is about all I'm watching at the moment is all.

Hm, I dunno. I've only seen very brief snippets of a lot of the shows they were watching, but I suppose enough to at least have a general idea about them. I hadn't seen some of the more specific shows they watched (like the documentary about lions or whatever it was) but they do show a lot of footage from the shows so you're more or less "watching with them." At one point it felt like I was actually watching a full episode of MKR! :tongue:

...such a great summation of the show there iJake... and you're dead right on all points... and as you say... it was like watching an actual episode of MKR at one point lol!... and you are actually 'watching with them' in a sense too as you also say... cheers.

I just re-watched. HamDog is YUCK!!
I haven't seen Gogglebox yet but saw that on shark tank. I can't imagine it being a big thing. It's weird too as like the meat and hot dog are seperate. So like it's not as if you're even combining the taste. Bizarre.

I just re-watched. HamDog is YUCK!!

...hahaha!... I so agree with you lol!...

I haven't seen Gogglebox yet but saw that on shark tank. I can't imagine it being a big thing. It's weird too as like the meat and hot dog are seperate. So like it's not as if you're even combining the taste. Bizarre.

...I was astounded that the people in the 'Shark Tank' were even interested in an edible heart attack in the first place lol!... cheers.

...I'm going to give this a go... if I remember right one of the people on Gogglebox in the UK ended up on the Celebrity Big Brother show last year... (George Gilbey methinks)... he was quite entertaining too... which gives me hope that we may see quite a few odd-ball characters ourselves in this show... let hope so eh?... cheers.

I LOVE george!

When I lived in UK last year I watched that version and thought it was hilarious... Watching this one tomorrow night , hope it's good

I LOVE george!

When I lived in UK last year I watched that version and thought it was hilarious... Watching this one tomorrow night , hope it's good

...yeah he was so good Frankyfurt... he was so basic and genuine and the so-called 'celebrities' around him didn't faze him at all lol!... he 'made' that show while he was in there... to be honest... when he first went in I thought that he was going to actually win it!... oh well... better luck next time lol!... cheers.

Found it,turn to hubby do you know what this is about?
Hubby "Two people,sitting on a couch watching other people watch stuff" LMAO
OH AND THEN I can't believe we're doing this

...oh that's right... this is on Foxtel... I'm sure that I read it's on regular TV tomorrow sometime in Australia... I'm not sure how overseas viewers will catch up with it though... you're in South Africa aren't you Lindsay?... I hope that you find an alternate resource... this show is hilarious!... happy hunting sweetness... cheers.
Found it at my usual source[DOUBLEPOST=1423677772][/DOUBLEPOST]
...yeah he was so good Frankyfurt... he was so basic and genuine and the so-called 'celebrities' around him didn't faze him at all lol!... he 'made' that show while he was in there... to be honest... when he first went in I thought that he was going to actually win it!... oh well... better luck next time lol!... cheers.
thought it was pretty shitty that they then stopped his family from being on gogglebox just because he went on CBB

I doubt they need to or did get permission from other channels. I think they can get away with it under copyright laws if it's like under 10% or something. Don't quote me though.

The show would be a bit of a failure if they didnt have access to other network shows though.
Yeah, I always thought like this too but I think there must be some exceptions because I've seen content from other channels on shows before. Remember that gimmicky show on I think Channel 7 a few years ago where the whole show was based on the host nitpicking funny/random moments from TV or live shows (news programmes etc) from all networks... I'm struggling to explain it but it used footage from all the networks, so there must be some certain allowances...

I might watch it AGAIN tonight. Seen it like 3 times already :D

...me too!... it's kinda like that isn't it?... lol!

...wait what? How did you guys watch it already?

...Channel 10 and Foxtel collaborated on the production of it The Theorist... Foxtel showed it on the 'Lifestyle' network last night and Channel 10 get to screen it tonight... I'm not sure why Foxtel get to screen it first... perhaps they pay out more for the show to be made... not sure really to be honest my friend... cheers.

...Channel 10 and Foxtel collaborated on the production of it The Theorist... Foxtel showed it on the 'Lifestyle' network last night and Channel 10 get to screen it tonight... I'm not sure why Foxtel get to screen it first... perhaps they pay out more for the show to be made... not sure really to be honest my friend... cheers.

I think Lifestyle could of produced the show?

Yep its a Channel 10 and Foxtel collaboration, I watched it this morning on Lifestyle, it had its moments

Back