Skip to main content

Game of Thrones *may include spoilers*

Fantastic season finale which made up for what was a bit of a lacklustre season IMO - I'd be quite happy for them to cut the episode count to 6 or 7 for the final couple of seasons if it means the show picks up the pace. The finale was non stop and every single moment seemed to matter - I almost blinked and missed Tommen jumping to his death!

The only thing that kind of felt out of place in the episode was Sam - so presumably he's a more signficant player in the Game of Thrones than we might have been led to believe.

Spoilers.

Well, that was pretty much perfect. John's a Targarian, Tyrian is Dany's hand, and Varys is back and they, and a fleet, are heading for Westros with dragons. Finally. Sam saw the library of his peers, and still has his cuddlebuddy. Arya is finally useful, and performed a perfect Titus Andronicus on Red Wedding. The Queens are lined up, Dany, Iron Islands, Samsa, Margo, Cersei, and yet it wasn't all just 'Five Queens to replace the Kings.'

Don't know what people were bitching about all season. I thought it was good. It headed towards what I have been waiting for for years, yet I was still susprised every now and then, sometimes for the best, and sometimes not. Hold the door.

I cried a little bit this episode. But loved it.

Oh good, Dornes back. I didn't care the first or second time.

Arya went full psycho. It was nice to see the Frey pie thing on screen, but you never go full psycho.

I look forward to seeing Jon and Bran talk.

"Hey, Bro guess what? They made me King in the North!"
"Hey Cuz, guess what? You should be king of a lot more than that!"
"Haha......wait, what?"

Has anyone else seen the teaser trailer? Loved it. Vague but insightful. Bring on July

*cough* um, I need some serious debriefing post this episode, all the freaking Jon is a Targ references. Not to mention #creepybran. Cersei getting off on killing people like her precious son. Jamie being a weakling. Most of all - I think Littlefinger is toast next ep and I can't wait!

*cough* um, I need some serious debriefing post this episode, all the freaking Jon is a Targ references. Not to mention #creepybran. Cersei getting off on killing people like her precious son. Jamie being a weakling. Most of all - I think Littlefinger is toast next ep and I can't wait!

Why do you think Littlefinger is toast? Looking forward to Danny hopefully taking the reins a bit next week. Cersei knows Danny's advisers too well so needs to surprise her.

Oh and #creepybran indeed. His storyline interests me the least and now he is like full cray.

Why do you think Littlefinger is toast? Looking forward to Danny hopefully taking the reins a bit next week. Cersei knows Danny's advisers too well so needs to surprise her.

Oh and #creepybran indeed. His storyline interests me the least and now he is like full cray.

Re: Littlefinger - there are clues out there. Bran knows what he has done and Ayra knows as well and is approaching Winterfell. It's a throwback to Season 1

My favourite was when Dany said everyone enjoys what they are good at and Jon said he didn't. Flashback to Barristan saying Rhaegar never enjoyed killing.

I am disappointed with Littlefinger and Varys this season. They spent 5 years being nearly omniscient and this season one has just done creepy "I want Sansa" speeches and the other has done nothing. Seriously, Varys with all his spies never heard the Greyjoy fleet were attacking Yara or Casterly Rock and that the Lannisters moved an army all the way across Westeros? It would make sense if he were a mole, but there is nothing to support that but the drastic change in his capability.

My favourite was when Dany said everyone enjoys what they are good at and Jon said he didn't. Flashback to Barristan saying Rhaegar never enjoyed killing.

I am disappointed with Littlefinger and Varys this season. They spent 5 years being nearly omniscient and this season one has just done creepy "I want Sansa" speeches and the other has done nothing. Seriously, Varys with all his spies never heard the Greyjoy fleet were attacking Yara or Casterly Rock and that the Lannisters moved an army all the way across Westeros? It would make sense if he were a mole, but there is nothing to support that but the drastic change in his capability.

Littlefinger's days are number, for sure. I'm not sure what Varys is staying around for at this point - they seem to be cutting the cast of "excess" players - the actress who played Ellaria said her character will not be seen again, and the actress who plays Melisandre says she will not be on again this year

Littlefinger's days are number, for sure. I'm not sure what Varys is staying around for at this point - they seem to be cutting the cast of "excess" players - the actress who played Ellaria said her character will not be seen again, and the actress who plays Melisandre says she will not be on again this year

It won't be a big loss at this point. He has went from the ultimate game-player to the human personification of a windowless van. I understand they have to save money (for CGI) and screen-time (for eunuch love storylines), but they have been sort of lazy in how they do it.

I am disappointed with the Jon & Dany meeting. I seriously thought that those two in the same place at the same time would be serious drama, but it was a bit meh for me. I am not shipping them - she IS his aunt after all - but it just fell flat.
I like Tyrion and Jon together.
I feel like Arya won't make it to Winterfell in the next episode - something will happen to interrupt the reunion. Can't have too many Starks in the same place at the same time!
The Bran storyline is interesting, but only if he does something with his knowledge.
Varys is really disappointing.

I like Jon & Dany. Jon isn't experience, he doesn't give a crap about her. Walks in with no idea of how impressive she is. That she's playing on a different level than him.

Besides Dragons (which he has seen) what puts her on a different level?

He waltzed in unprepared, thinking they'd have a chat. Not that he was meeting a strong Queen in a throne room. It was a sharp contrast in who both are. Or how at least they represent their position and projection of power.

I like Jon & Dany. Jon isn't experience, he doesn't give a crap about her. Walks in with no idea of how impressive she is. That she's playing on a different level than him.

He has seen the army of the dead. He's playing on a different level. For all her ambition she's still only fighting for temporal power, he's fighting for human existence.

He waltzed in unprepared, thinking they'd have a chat. Not that he was meeting a strong Queen in a throne room. It was a sharp contrast in who both are. Or how at least they represent their position and projection of power.

He walked in to try and convince her, what should he have done to prepare? Rattle-off more titles. That is not the Northern way. It was a contrast in who they are. Dany was taught that her name entitled her to things and Jon was taught that his name entitled him to nothing.

Back