Skip to main content

Food Stars

February

I think, therefore I am, I think ...
I have no idea about how this program is going to go, but I like Gordon Ramsey for some unknown reason - probably vile language. But, I'm willing to give it a go. Not sure how long for when I'm A Celebrity is about to start too!
Spoiled for trash tv 😁

Well, I must admit, I've not watched more than 15 minuits of this. Maybe I'll give it another go when there's nothing else to watch.

The first episode was just Shark Tank with food stuff. I like Shark Tank and so enjoyed it. The next couple of episodes I watched with a lot of fast-forwarding because one and a half hours is too long.

Fast forward re-caps. Watch the set-up of the challenge. Stop a few times when they're working on it. Watch them execute some of the challenge. Then the recap, who won and who gets sent home.

I had such cringe vibes from them pitching the Alive energy drink. It reminded me so much of when I studied marketing and you'd give bullshit fake pitches.

Thanks for some feedback. I've got a night to myself tomorrow, so might give it another go. The unwatched episodes are mounting up.

I still can't find the enthusiasm to watch it.
I can see it'll end op at the bottom of my recordings and it'll be watched when there's absolutely nothing else on to look at.
That could be a LONG time, with all the trash I can find on 9 Now and 10 Play!

Caught up with the most recent episode. Actually watched almost the whole thing. This isn't spoilers because it was in the promos but it was fun watching one team crash and burn.

Caught up with the most recent episode. Actually watched almost the whole thing. This isn't spoilers because it was in the promos but it was fun watching one team crash and burn.
Thanks for that. That's a positive 😊

So Tuesday episode this week was a double episode. Not going to lie, I didn't know and had anxiety about the two-hour run time. So I was maybe a bit more keen to fast forward than the episode deserved. Only watched the first one which was for Cadbury chocolates.

The brief was to get people to visit a QR code and like a viral video. More PTSD scenes from doing group assignments at Uni. I'm not sure how universal that description will be. I studied marketing, advertising and multimedia many years ago and so it was literally this stuff and the horrible experience of doing it.

It was really a nothing episode. They are given too little time to do anything. Walk around Melbourne making noise getting people to visit a QR code. Where it's clear some of them have never used a QR code before. Even when it's stuck to a wall it can take a moment to scan, let alone being on a moving object.

Watched the second half of Tuesdays and it was much better than the first. It was making a food box challenge. Create recipe, instructions and then people make them.

It just works better when the tasks are more defined. Not just make noise in Melbourne to get people to look at a QR code.

I think there's only a handful of episodes left. They mentioned the show being two thirds of the way through. The next challenge is vegemite as an ingredient.

I've watched a couple of episodes now, and I've quite enjoyed them.
Don't think Gordon take to losing too well 🤭

Back