Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thead II

Was the plan all along to sell? I thought you were gonna live there. I was all set up in my head for you living there!
Well I really have nothing better to do, so I'll list it, but in the meantime I will enjoy living in it and hopefully earn some income on Airbnb from it (can do some travelling when I have guests).

If I do sell it I can try and find another one and do it all over again, with a better knowledge of some of the potential pitfalls this time. I'd do a rooftop again, but probably not a complete rebuild. And definitely not a fifth floor again. Anyway whether I sell or not hopefully I can earn some income from it.

Did you enjoy Scandal and House of Cards? I have been into American TV featuring some of our own Aussie talent. I loved Season 1 of Gypsy, Big Little Lies was good too. My partner and I are almost finished watching Bloodlines. Also recently finished Billionare which I thought was awesome, oh and Girls is a great one for girls to watch. I am always on the look out for good TV so keep me in your loop.
I am a bit in lust with the President in Scandal. Olivia's constant worried look makes me want to smack her in the face. Good show though.
House of Cards is so different to West Wing. Very dark and violent. Wasn't too sure after several eps but hung in there and am looking forward to this latest season. I loved Newsroom too. Very shouty though.
I don't watch much tv these days. Attention span of a dead leaf and not being around to maintain continuity doesn't help.
I want my friend to get hold of Miss Sloane, a movie about a DC lobbyist. Looks interesting.

You have used that expression before. And I do like it!!

Attention span of a dead leaf.

Hope Richmond is going ok. I occasionally read slightly alarming things in The Age. But not about our area thankfully.

You have used that expression before. And I do like it!!

Attention span of a dead leaf.

Hope Richmond is going ok. I occasionally read slightly alarming things in The Age. But not about our area thankfully.
I made it up. Thankyou. I also use another Fiona original 'as useless as an icecube in a bushfire'. I thought 'as useless as tits on a bull' was less than elegant in certain company, lol.
Richmond is full of construction. Very annoying. All over the place and now the Domain intersection is going to be closed for FIVE years as of today. Not entirely sure of what specifics there are, but to get to Albert Park from Alexandra Avenue via Domain Rd was blocked off. Of course, that's not helped by the Swan St bridge being reduced to one lane in both directions. Almost better for me to go down Wellington Pde and Flinders St to get to Sth Melbourne. The closures/metro buiding/road works are effectively just as bad as a clogged Westgate in my opinion.
How's dear Angela going with the aftermath of the G20? I loved her eye rolls when she was getting the Vlad treatment.

I made it up. Thankyou. I also use another Fiona original 'as useless as an icecube in a bushfire'. I thought 'as useless as tits on a bull' was less than elegant in certain company, lol.
Richmond is full of construction. Very annoying. All over the place and now the Domain intersection is going to be closed for FIVE years as of today. Not entirely sure of what specifics there are, but to get to Albert Park from Alexandra Avenue via Domain Rd was blocked off. Of course, that's not helped by the Swan St bridge being reduced to one lane in both directions. Almost better for me to go down Wellington Pde and Flinders St to get to Sth Melbourne. The closures/metro buiding/road works are effectively just as bad as a clogged Westgate in my opinion.
How's dear Angela going with the aftermath of the G20? I loved her eye rolls when she was getting the Vlad treatment.
Haha. Yes I read about the five years just before in the age. Does seem like a very long time.

I rather like Angela. She is just so 'no-nonsense'. In a different time and place it might be boring - and she does have her critics, of course - but in this day and age I find her rather marvelous!

I'll have to plan my next Melbourne sojourn....

Hello FauxT threadizens!

You'll be ecstatic to know I'm still alive and not visiting you from the great beyond. Hope all you coños are doing well, I'll try and read back a bit and see what the goss has been.

On my front though things here in Brisvegas have been good for me since last we spoke. Still working the 9-5 but have had a couple of sojourns overseas this year to balance it out. The biggest change for me I guess, and @Trala you and your love of love will love this, is I've forsaken the glorious single life (to despair of many in Brisbane might I say) to partake in an old fashioned committed relationship, minus the actual matrimony and plus the additional penis of course. I'm a regular house husband these days and let me tell you the transition was not all rainbows and mardi gras but it has settled nicely now thank God.

With Survivor coming up I'll be hoping to pop in here more regularly to brighten up the place with a few GIFs.

Till then my cliquettes. xo

giphy.gif

And about bloody time you showed up! Congrats on the extra penis!

Gracias. Every relationship needs one I say. I was actually in your part of the world not too long ago and loved it, a beautiful and lively country!

*waves*

Hello peeps!!

I actually do miss the chatter at this place! Still living in hope BB will return one day and the gang will all return to talk shiz!

I am doing very well thank you! As Trala already said, I'm pretty happy with where my life is at the moment... and where it is continuing to head. :)

Absolutely loving my new job, it's not teaching but still helping people and with a whole lot less of the extra stuff on top. Which gives me time to invest into ministry and other things about which I am passionate.

And yeah.... I'm loving my new 4wd sick! Actually going to take it on a road trip up to Rockhampton and back in a couple of weeks time with my mates. Looking forward to the getaway.

Congrats on the new job, new ride, and new waistline! :thumbsup: I usually abhor 4WDs but you're actually the type to use them for their off-road purpose and not just to ride my arse in city traffic so you're excused.

Good Moanin Faux T Thread!

This is my last partnerless week. My partner has one more week of training, then next week he will be onsite. We are spending the weekend in Brisbane to celebrate.

A little secret, I have loved spending this time alone. Just me and the dogs. Men take so much extra work! I have loved the easy dinners, the quiet and having total tv remote control.

I am a bit desperate to have some updates on you guys, so come on, as Mutley would say "what's haps, fanny flaps?!"

Preach it sista! As newly domesticated I'm leaning just how much extra work a man entails. And with two of us... Lord. Give. Me. Strength. My dinner drama is reversed however, I like to mix things up and keep it interesting with my meals whereas the lesser half is all simple Australiana meat and three vege every night. :shifty:

Oh I get that, I used to think I'd be awesome as a FIFO wife, but long term it might wear thin. I did always love some alone time.

Hmm what's new with me. Well as I just said my baby turns one soon! Madness! I am planning a very low key birthday party. He surprised me at his 12 month check up by being advanced in his fine motor skills and the doctor even said he was clever, not so good with the gross motor skills though and I think he has my lazy genes. However he says a few words already which I love.

Oops sorry that is a boring update! Hopefully someone has a more exciting life than I do.

Lord. A whole year. So glad to read the sprog is still alive a kicking despite the horrid crap you no doubt try to feed it. :p Also happy to read you're not the type of parent who takes out a loan just to throw a extravagant party for a child who won't remember shit.

I want my friend to get hold of Miss Sloane, a movie about a DC lobbyist. Looks interesting.

Oooo. Seen it and loved it! Definitely recommend it.

Ha! Well you should have had your AirBnD ready for us. I wouldn't mind returning for a more leisurely look around though as we did a tour thing of Vietnam and Cambodia so was all scheduled. Perhaps next time!
Ha and hmm. Everyone rolls differently. And I probably roll a bit to one side. But is that something I am missing?? Bc I am not a guy? Or not a gay guy? Is AirBnD the norm?!

Ha! Well you should have had your AirBnD ready for us. I wouldn't mind returning for a more leisurely look around though as we did a tour thing of Vietnam and Cambodia so was all scheduled. Perhaps next time!
Haha, the build was meant to take three months but ended up taking double that, (there were week-long holidays for both Chinese and Khmer new years, a few days for King's birthday, delays caused by my shitty neighbours shutting the site down so they could extort money from me, and other unexplained delays. I am still tackling the painting.

Your BnD will have to wait 'til next time. I'll leave some equipment in the dresser drawer for you.

Ha! Depends on the host. ;) But in reality I'd say no.

U4gRwu4.gif
I doubt it would be the norm for straight folks either, lol, but never say never. It would be an interesting discovery to make once you get to your accommodations and equipment was available.

Reactions: Tee
Hello FauxT threadizens!

You'll be ecstatic to know I'm still alive and not visiting you from the great beyond. Hope all you coños are doing well, I'll try and read back a bit and see what the goss has been.

On my front though things here in Brisvegas have been good for me since last we spoke. Still working the 9-5 but have had a couple of sojourns overseas this year to balance it out. The biggest change for me I guess, and @Trala you and your love of love will love this, is I've forsaken the glorious single life (to despair of many in Brisbane might I say) to partake in an old fashioned committed relationship, minus the actual matrimony and plus the additional penis of course. I'm a regular house husband these days and let me tell you the transition was not all rainbows and mardi gras but it has settled nicely now thank God.

With Survivor coming up I'll be hoping to pop in here more regularly to brighten up the place with a few GIFs.

Till then my cliquettes. xo

giphy.gif
Well, well, well... look at what the internet logged in!

Great to hear you found someone willing to put up with your level of dysfunction.

Good to hear your work shag play ratio is at a healthy balance. Speaking of work, I am 2 hours into a 10 hour night so my work play ratio is currently shite!

Good to see you!

:)

Yay Consuela is here! So glad to hear you are happily loved up!

Lord. A whole year. So glad to read the sprog is still alive a kicking despite the horrid crap you no doubt try to feed it. :p Also happy to read you're not the type of parent who takes out a loan just to throw a extravagant party for a child who won't remember shit.

IKR? The quickest 12 months ever! And I am proud to say that sometimes I actually feed him healthy foods, he did recently try some KFC chips though much to everyone else's horror and I feel it was the highlight of his life so far.

I went very even more low key for his party than I had planned, so much so that I feel bad for all who came!

Good Moanin Faux T Thread!

HAPPY HUMP DAY!!

Got a Mutley update! He s officially a defacto partner! He and Noah moved in together about a week or so ago! Got a Bleachy update too, Bleachy was pictured on a Noosa beach the other week, didn't even call me up for coffee!! Rude man!!

Frank my puppy has turned a corner when it comes to obedience, he now heels, stays, and sits. So proud of him, he. Is 2 now. Billy on the other hand continues to be a psychological fuck up who can't be controlled and given he is between 10 - 14 years old, why change now?!

Yay Consuela is here! So glad to hear you are happily loved up!

IKR? The quickest 12 months ever! And I am proud to say that sometimes I actually feed him healthy foods, he did recently try some KFC chips though much to everyone else's horror and I feel it was the highlight of his life so far.

I went very even more low key for his party than I had planned, so much so that I feel bad for all who came!
I remember the first time my son ate ice cream, it was hilarious! He didn't want to touch it because it was too cold, so he ate it apple bobbing style, so funny!

I really started to like my son once he hit 12 months. It is such a fun time. No one could ever make that kid laugh like I could!

Geez it has been wet here, and I mean in Weather terms ;)

The land is so flat here and clay based, so it is like a semi swamp in the backyard! I bought my first pair of gumboots and I opted for a Croc Look Purple pair from Rivers. They cost me $10.45 and I think the chooks are happy I invested that amount of $$ to be able for me to sludge through the water to feed them and collect the rewards.

I am growing Garlic atm, along with some Spinach Onions Carrots Cabbage Brussel Spouts Cauliflower and Brocolini - but I just want to hiberate inside with the wild weather we are having! Have been told that this is usual for here and I have another 6 weeks to endure and bunker down.

I had a sunflower Bloom this week - in the middle of Winter - Self Seeded and all :)

Here is a pick of me and it :)

20170719131751(4).jpg

hope you are all well and happy xxx

Back