Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thead II

Haha omg Mike is not my cousin, such a trouble maker. @Miiiiike come back so I don't just look like I'm in denial!

Funnily enough a relative of mine is actually dating her cousin though. My dad's step relative of some kind, but they are Lebanese and want to keep the millions in the family :p
I didn't think you were blood related. I am 93% sure I was told he was married to your sister.

Kissing cousins makes me feel very uncomfortable. I know in certain cultures it is deemed as acceptable, but to me it is just icky.

Where is my baby pic?!

Hello Team!

Oh my Lord, my life is so busy at the moment!

I am LOVING my new nursing role! It is soul food I get to eat weekly. It is so refreshing working with a new team. I had been in my last ward for 4 years, so I was definitely feeling unchallenged. The new hospital is a work of art, the technology is amazing!

My partner is already up to week 4 in his new role and he is loving it! He actually found out that over 1000 people applied for the role and 20 were successful! How brilliant does that make him?! I feel so proud of him I could EXPLODE! It is so cool that we have both undergone career changes at the same time, we are both feeling like inexperienced newbys with no real friends. It is quite daunting not having one face I know on the Ward, but I am slowly making firm friends. I work with a great mix of people, so every shift is a treat. I haven't fucked up yet, but I finish every shift with anxiety and second guessing my ability. My scope is far wider than it was, so I still don't feel 100% confident.

Anyway that's an update from me for now. I miss you and I hope you are all loving your lives! Oh and Mutley says hi!

Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

I see you Timmy! Lurkin and likin!!!

:)
Yeah, I'm a-lurkin' and a-likin' as always. Glad to hear you're enjoying the challenge at your new job. Better than stagnating too long in one place, that's for sure, so it's worth the stress.

Reactions: Tee
Hello Team!

I am LOVING my new nursing role! It is soul food I get to eat weekly. It is so refreshing working with a new team. I had been in my last ward for 4 years, so I was definitely feeling unchallenged. The new hospital is a work of art, the technology is amazing!

My partner is already up to week 4 in his new role and he is loving it! He actually found out that over 1000 people applied for the role and 20 were successful! How brilliant does that make him?! I feel so proud of him I could EXPLODE! It is so cool that we have both undergone career changes at the same time, we are both feeling like inexperienced newbys with no real friends. It is quite daunting not having one face I know on the Ward, but I am slowly making firm friends. I work with a great mix of people, so every shift is a treat. I haven't fucked up yet, but I finish every shift with anxiety and second guessing my ability. My scope is far wider than it was, so I still don't feel 100% confident.

Anyway that's an update from me for now. I miss you and I hope you are all loving your lives! Oh and Mutley says hi!

Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Noice, very noice. Pleased that you both are enjoying the challenges.

I didn't think you were blood related. I am 93% sure I was told he was married to your sister.

Kissing cousins makes me feel very uncomfortable. I know in certain cultures it is deemed as acceptable, but to me it is just icky.

Where is my baby pic?!

Oh interesting, I hope I didn't mislead someone to think that! My sister is beautiful but slightly bonkers, so maybe perfect for Mike, but alas they are not together. Mike's actual wife is surprisingly hot hehe.

Totally agree with the kissing cousins, but to each their own I guess! Like maybe if you didn't know you were related and then agreed not to have genetic kids, but icky is definitely the word for knowingly doing it.

Baby pic incoming! Like actually!

Hello Team!

Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

That sounds amazing and so productive for you both!! It would be so easy to stay where you are comfortable and already you are reaping the benefits of taking that leap.

I am considering employment options for myself. I've been fortunate enough to have been able to stay home this long but time is ticking and soon I'll need to look at a casual or part time job at the very least.

Yeah, I'm a-lurkin' and a-likin' as always. Glad to hear you're enjoying the challenge at your new job. Better than stagnating too long in one place, that's for sure, so it's worth the stress.
It has breathed new life into me! You spend too much time in the workplace to stagnate, but I can understand why so many feel fear to make that change because it is fucking terrifying. It is a great coincidence that my partner is in the same boat, we get to share the trials and tribulations that come with complete change and being the newby.

It has been a bit of a struggle to begin with to be honest trying to work out where I fit. Being the new person you are left out of conversations, friendship circles and so on. It's not because people are ingnoring you, they simply don't see you. My first few weeks were very lonely. Thankfully my co workers are starting to see me now and I am really feeling like part of the team.

Noice, very noice. Pleased that you both are enjoying the challenges.
Thanks KK. My partner is away through the week. He has 10 weeks of training before he officially starts his new job. So I am adjusting to weekdays alone, which I am probably enjoying a little too much.

The dogs go bonkers when he comes home! Last night when he came home, my partner was bursting with training stories. He is moving into an industry known for both danger and violence, so there are lots of control and restraint role play with battons and shields. Sadly he wants to test his knowledge on me at home.

I am currently surrounded by my 3 snoring boys. They make my heart feel like it could BURST!!!

GOOD MOANIN FAUX T THREAD!

This place has become a proper ghost town :(

Back