Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thead II

Oh that show is so good! I pretty much never watch shows as they air, I seen yo akways end up way behind everyone else so I'm liking being up to speed with others. I just need to be more social and talk to people about it!
Hi Jessy. How's everything going? I have the attention span of a dead leaf so watch almost nothing on tv nowadays. It's on, but I'm not, lol. I'm also not around at the times things arre shown and I can't be bothered watching them online. Loved the dishy brother in Emily Owens MD.

Hi Jessy. How's everything going? I have the attention span of a dead leaf so watch almost nothing on tv nowadays. It's on, but I'm not, lol. I'm also not around at the times things arre shown and I can't be bothered watching them online. Loved the dishy brother in Emily Owens MD.

Hey! Everything is great on my end, sounds like things are for you as well?

I am similar with tv, it would be inaccurate to say that I don't watch much and yet my viewing is fairly passive. This Is Us is good as I can usually watch a whole episode in one sitting and I also end it knowing what happened, two rarities in TV land these days I must say. I do mostly catch up tv online yet still don't focus on most of it.

I don't even know Emily Owens MD!

Hey! Everything is great on my end, sounds like things are for you as well?

I am similar with tv, it would be inaccurate to say that I don't watch much and yet my viewing is fairly passive. This Is Us is good as I can usually watch a whole episode in one sitting and I also end it knowing what happened, two rarities in TV land these days I must say. I do mostly catch up tv online yet still don't focus on most of it.

I don't even know Emily Owens MD!
It was a great show I stumbled across late one night last year I think. The season was cancelled before it ended so we only got thirteen episodes. No idea if it can be viewed online. Meryl Streep's daughter, Mamie, played the lead. This bloke wore glasses which I prefer.

It was a great show I stumbled across late one night last year I think. The season was cancelled before it ended so we only got thirteen episodes. No idea if it can be viewed online. Meryl Streep's daughter, Mamie, played the lead. This bloke wore glasses which I prefer.

Oh yeah I always like discovering random new shows that way, I guess my lifestyle these days doesn't cater to it. When I finally get Netflix and Stan maybe it will. Always open to new recommendations though.

Whilst I'm not sure about glasses specifically my mum has liked nerdy guys since way before they were cool. Luckily for her my dad is such a nerd hehe

Happy Friday everyone! I don't think I've ever been so happy for a wet week after this horrid heat, it does get hard with a baby though when you realise he hasn't left your tiny apartment all day!

Looks like yet another rainy Mardi Gras this weekend, anyone would think God hated the gays!!

Oh yeah I always like discovering random new shows that way, I guess my lifestyle these days doesn't cater to it. When I finally get Netflix and Stan maybe it will. Always open to new recommendations though.

Whilst I'm not sure about glasses specifically my mum has liked nerdy guys since way before they were cool. Luckily for her my dad is such a nerd hehe
I'm long sighted so only need glasses for close up work. I've taken more notice of people who wear glasses since I started wearing them. Same with tattoo wearers.

So I went to the shack today, but it was gone. :eek:

wOXVE4k.jpg
Found it!
X7qEaQ7.jpg

WHeUcmt.jpg

Good moaning Faux T Thread!

Talk about a week of ups and downs last week!

I will start with the negs:- partner was made redundant, next day I tripped while walking with a girlfriend and my hand blew up to the point I needed an X-ray to rule out # (I know what the lurkers are thinking.. FINALLY bad things happen to a bad person :laugh:), first week of holidays over and the depression really hits at the thought of going back to my ward, where I feel completely unchallenged.

Now the positives:- partner was paid out 7 months of full wages, so we have a grace period before we need to stress, X-ray proved ligament strain not #, a week to 10 days recovery, first Monday just gone, I was offered a permanent position on my DREAM Ward! I start on the first anniversary of Mums death, 27th March.

So today my hand has finally returned to its original size and will return to its arse wiping duties, I tell you left hand wiping feels like a stranger wiping my bum bum. My hand and ankle are still a bit tender, but there is a great improvement. My partner is taking 4-6 weeks off to plan his next working adventure and is enjoying doing his renos mon- fri, and finally I am SICK with nerves and self doubt at the thought of moving nursing areas!

Mutley is going great guns, smoozing with celebrities at the MG. I think he flies out to the US in two weeks!

I will start with the negs:- partner was made redundant, next day I tripped while walking with a girlfriend and my hand blew up to the point I needed an X-ray to rule out # (I know what the lurkers are thinking.. FINALLY bad things happen to a bad person :laugh:), first week of holidays over and the depression really hits at the thought of going back to my ward, where I feel completely unchallenged.

Now the positives:- partner was paid out 7 months of full wages, so we have a grace period before we need to stress, X-ray proved ligament strain not #, a week to 10 days recovery, first Monday just gone, I was offered a permanent position on my DREAM Ward! I start on the first anniversary of Mums death, 27th March.

So today my hand has finally returned to its original size and will return to its arse wiping duties, I tell you left hand wiping feels like a stranger wiping my bum bum. My hand and ankle are still a bit tender, but there is a great improvement. My partner is taking 4-6 weeks off to plan his next working adventure and is enjoying doing his renos mon- fri, and finally I am SICK with nerves and self doubt at the thought of moving nursing areas!

Mutley is going great guns, smoozing with celebrities at the MG. I think he flies out to the US in two weeks!
Not nice at all re redundancy and injury. Is the line of work your young man is in easy to find employment or would he think of going in another direction?
Good that you are going to be living the dream, so to speak. I am sure you will be an asset, or would that be an ass, lol, to the ward.
As for using your left hand, well, the dexterity and finesse just isn't there for all of the nooks and crannies, (again, so to speak).

Reactions: Tee

Oh my, what a mixed bag indeed. Sorry to hear about your hand and the redundancy but it sounds like everything is working out, especially the dream job!

Exciting about Mr Mutz, his life always sounds so glamorous and exciting!

Posted something but it probably belonged in the weather thread so I've posted there. Would let me edit but not delete.

Just had a few days stay in St Vincent's and I want to just give a shout out to all the nurses etc on this forum. You guys have a tough gig and never get the recognition you deserve for the gross stuff you have to deal with. Thank you!

Back