Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thead II

I have a similar experience @Mooseface
When living in Ipswich (next to Brisbane) I used to have dreadful issues with ear infections caused by humidity. Since moving west 6 years ago things have improved greatly. Still have some problems but not as severe nor as often.

So I went to the shack today, but it was gone. :eek:

wOXVE4k.jpg

Good Moanin OT thread!

Hey I actually have some sad news which demonstrates how precious and unpredictable life is. A couple of weeks ago, Caspersmum's 44 year old sister was found collapsed in the snow in the US out the front of her apartment and was unable to be revived. The sisters remaining are broken. Qtkt do your thang. And the rest of us, make sure you give your loved ones some extra love, just because we can.

RIP Caspersmum's beloved sister.

Good Moanin OT thread!

Hey I actually have some sad news which demonstrates how precious and unpredictable life is. A couple of weeks ago, Caspersmum's 44 year old sister was found collapsed in the snow in the US out the front of her apartment and was unable to be revived. The sisters remaining are broken. Qtkt do your thang. And the rest of us, make sure you give your loved ones some extra love, just because we can.

Such sad news. Love to them all. Prayer sent.

How are you KK?
Thank the lord that I didn't have a name with three Ks in it, lol. That would be a bit uncomfortable. I'm ok, same old, same old. I'm starting my three nights for the week. The permanent status of nights will be coming to an end mid April I'm thinking as we've appointed someone new to take over that position. The person I was covering on LSL decided to retire, so hasn't returned. It will have been around ten months of nights and some days. I'll have to do some of the night shift training which is far easier than the day shift training. By the time I get her she'll be fairly au fait with the system. In this job a trainer I am not, but when needs must...
Heading off to the gym soon for a weights session, a big feed, the Blood Bank, the library, home for a nap then work. My usual alternate Wednesday routine.
How are you going T?

Thank the lord that I didn't have a name with three Ks in it, lol. That would be a bit uncomfortable. I'm ok, same old, same old. I'm starting my three nights for the week. The permanent status of nights will be coming to an end mid April I'm thinking as we've appointed someone new to take over that position. The person I was covering on LSL decided to retire, so hasn't returned. It will have been around ten months of nights and some days. I'll have to do some of the night shift training which is far easier than the day shift training. By the time I get her she'll be fairly au fait with the system. In this job a trainer I am not, but when needs must...
Heading off to the gym soon for a weights session, a big feed, the Blood Bank, the library, home for a nap then work. My usual alternate Wednesday routine.
How are you going T?
Absolutely loving life. Two more shifts a late and a night, then my secondment comes to a screaming end. I have loved every single second and I have learned it is time for a nursing change for me. I am even considering doing my RN's.

I will then embark on two blissful weeks of holiday. Not much planned during it except for a girls lunch at my place on Monday, and Dinner with my partner Saturday night.

My fur friends remain Mr Grumpy and Mr Adorable. I am trying to teach Frank tricks and basic commands. Old Man River (Billy) is too far gone.

Tv show alert Coops!

This is Us! Omg I love it.
I liked the brother as a doctor in Emily Owens MD. I haven't watched much of This us US. I should do so online. Easier said than done, getting myself organised to concentrate.

Absolutely loving life. Two more shifts a late and a night, then my secondment comes to a screaming end. I have loved every single second and I have learned it is time for a nursing change for me. I am even considering doing my RN's.

I will then embark on two blissful weeks of holiday. Not much planned during it except for a girls lunch at my place on Monday, and Dinner with my partner Saturday night.

My fur friends remain Mr Grumpy and Mr Adorable. I am trying to teach Frank tricks and basic commands. Old Man River (Billy) is too far gone.
I'm very pleased that you're having a blast. Yes, do your RNs and hang in there with the fur friends.

Good Moanin OT thread!

OMG how awful. Sending hugs to Caspersmum.

Bit of bog and a splash of paint is all it needs!
I know! Nearly done! haha.

But seriously, the steel framework is going up now, and the roof should start to go on sometime next week. We're trying to work out what to do with the rainwater disposal from the rear roof. Previously half of it landed inside the building and the rest ran off five storeys into the alley where the entrance is. There doesn't appear to be a drain for a downpipe. So if all the rain runs off the edge into the alley there'll be a big waterfall down there, and my neighbours will hate me. Hopefully we can find a solution.

Reactions: Tee
Good Moanin OT thread!

Oh @Trala that's terrible. Thanks for passing on the news. Certainly am doing my thang. Please pass on my live and prayers to caspersmum and may her sister rest in peac. xoxoxo

Good Moanin faux T Thread!

I have woken a smidge hungover, I had 3 girlfriends over for lunch yesterday, and I bought a bottle of bubbles to share, but none of the girls wanted any. Lunch ended with 3 sober people and one drunk mess, who danced on her own after her guests left!

Day 2 of my holidays and life is good.

Good Moanin OT thread!

Oh that is so heart breaking!! RIP to Caspersmum's sister and much love to her family :(

Tv show alert Coops!

This is Us! Omg I love it.

Oh that show is so good! I pretty much never watch shows as they air, I seen yo akways end up way behind everyone else so I'm liking being up to speed with others. I just need to be more social and talk to people about it!

Back