Skip to main content

Doctor Who

50 Shades of TARDIS blue
20476198_827645084078624_2498141817817603475_n.jpg

Hey Whovians do any of you watch the other time travelling Doctor????

IE Outlander, the lead is a female MD, who accidently is flung back to 1700s......I watched half of series 1, with the rest recorded.
Now series 2 starts this Thursday - and I am just going to watch without seeing the rest of series 1.

I really like it a lot, the lead is very appealing, her modern day hubbie has been a baddie in DW and he is evil in her old days - he is scary.

Anyway, if you haven't watched it give it a go, BBC of course.

...hey kxk... I've watched the first two episodes of Season 2 from your advice and wow!... what a powerfully acted show that is eh?... how her husband reacted when she went back to 1940's again was some brilliant powerful acting at it's best!... all of the sets are so authentic too aren't they?... I'm a tad bit confused though... is her husband from the 40's another character back in time too?...

...I might try and catch up with the 1st Season if I can on YouTube or something to get the gist of the entire show methinks!... and she sort of 'slides' in Time I've realised... it's not like she has an actual Time Machine so I'm still learning lol!... but I think that if I can catch up with season 1 that I will stick with the show for sure... thanks for letting us know about it kxk...

...haha!... I've just realised that you've already answered my question in your post above about her hubby being a good guy and a bad guy lol!... (yes I know... I'm a nuff nuff right?)... lol!... thanks again kxk... cheers.

...hey kxk... I've watched the first two episodes of Season 2 from your advice and wow!... what a powerfully acted show that is eh?... how her husband reacted when she went back to 1940's again was some brilliant powerful acting at it's best!... all of the sets are so authentic too aren't they?... I'm a tad bit confused though... is her husband from the 40's another character back in time too?...

...I might try and catch up with the 1st Season if I can on YouTube or something to get the gist of the entire show methinks!... and she sort of 'slides' in Time I've realised... it's not like she has an actual Time Machine so I'm still learning lol!... but I think that if I can catch up with season 1 that I will stick with the show for sure... thanks for letting us know about it kxk...

...haha!... I've just realised that you've already answered my question in your post above about her hubby being a good guy and a bad guy lol!... (yes I know... I'm a nuff nuff right?)... lol!... thanks again kxk... cheers.

Do you have Netflix Mr Sticky? Both seasons are available in full on Netflix :)

Reactions: kxk
OMG look what I found.......a baby Capaldi as George Harrison....it is a very weird looking production

And OMG. Here he is even younger and weirder

Capaldi has heaps of freaky stuff on youtube

I just watched that George Harrison clip the other day. It does look like a pretty woeful production.

...yes I agree inumeenu...I really liked Eccleston's Doctor until he 'turned his back' on the Doctor Who world... I know that he had certain personal reasons for doing it because he had a beef with the BBC or whatever but that's still no excuse for his lack of interest in taking the 'Whoniverse' further by not participating in 'specials' etc... all of the other ex-Doctors and companions and enemies all willingly participate in taking the show further even if they aren't in it anymore... but him!... he doesn't realise that the show is way bigger than he will ever be regardless of his lack of interest in the show...

...it sometimes makes me think that he just used his tenure as The Doctor to launch or relaunch his career by doing the role until it just suited him to be honest... perhaps Russell T Davis realised this and replaced him because his heart wasn't really in it perhaps?... either way it doesn't matter now being that Paul McGann stepped up to the mark when needed eh?... good riddance to Eccleston if he wants no part in it... but still... he's STILL not as bad as Colin Baker regardless!... (don't get me started on him lol!)... cheers.
I think one day he will be back somehow. I hope anyway.

Reactions: kxk
Peter Capaldi having a bit of a laugh here - I really hope.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/20...capaldi-hoping-for-another-iconic_a_23057653/

He may have already played one of TV’s iconic roles, but Peter Capaldi is already eyeing up another for his first post-‘Doctor Who’ gig.

The departing Time Lord has admitted he would love to play Cyril ‘Blakey’ Blake in a reboot of classic sitcom, ‘On The Buses’.

Peter, whose last episode as The Doctor airs at Christmas, revealed he is hoping to get the show’s outgoing boss Steven Moffat to bring back the comedy series, now that he is leaving ‘Doctor Who’ too.

Speaking to The Sun, the Scottish actor said: “I want them to do ‘On The Buses’ again. I’m trying to encourage them to do it.

“I have got a Blakey in me.”

Steven admitted interest in the project, adding: “We are working our way through the classics, so it is bound to come up.”
I never understood the appeal of On The Buses. Awful show. But sadly, I would watch if Peter unleashed his inner Blakey. Maybe it wouldn't be too bad, it definitely wouldn't be as sexist, they wouldn't get away with it nowadays.

I think Capaldi should do a remake of The Good Life. Or maybe a remake of Whodunnit? Who knows, Oddjob, who knows as the sky above us glows and the trees shows the pose of a rose.
I loved both of those shows. Saw an episode of The Good Life recently, it's still watchable ... or maybe that's nostalgia talking, lol.

I loved both of those shows. Saw an episode of The Good Life recently, it's still watchable ... or maybe that's nostalgia talking, lol.

You've seen Whodunnit? The one with Jon Pertwee?

I watched The Good Life last year. It wasn't laugh out loud funny but I liked the characters in it.

I read the Doctor Who novels,which started in the nineties when the show was off air, and continue to this day with the current Doctors. Anyway, as you can imagine it's a slow process. I've read, in order, every new story featuring the 7th Doctor, and am currently reading this, the 54th new story featuring the 8th (Paul McGann) Doctor.
latest

Oh I was reading them in the eighties. Unfortunately I got rid of the 5 or 6 I had bought. I had the ones below, maybe some others but I can't remember if I owned them or just read them. The artwork on the Android invasion was wonderful, the image doesnt do it justice.

51ZPoeW6NwL._SX297_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

tumblr_mxapwcrrAp1r18mzfo1_500.jpg

Android_Invasion_novel.jpg

Stones_of_Blood_novel.jpg
Cave-Monsters_novel.jpg

You've seen Whodunnit? The one with Jon Pertwee?

I watched The Good Life last year. It wasn't laugh out loud funny but I liked the characters in it.
I only very vaguely remember Whodunnit, and absolutely don't remember Jon Pertwee, but if it is what I'm thinking of it was good fun. Hope I'm not mixing it up with something else, I would have tuned in when my parents watched.

I never understood the appeal of On The Buses. Awful show. But sadly, I would watch if Peter unleashed his inner Blakey. Maybe it wouldn't be too bad, it definitely wouldn't be as sexist, they wouldn't get away with it nowadays.

No it was pretty retrograde humour even at the time. The way Arthur treated Olive was awful.

And Reg's friend whatever his name was - looked like a parrot that had lost most of its feathers, and yet was supposed to be the ladies man.

Last edited:
Oh I was reading them in the eighties. Unfortunately I got rid of the 5 or 6 I had bought. I had the ones below, maybe some others but I can't remember if I owned them or just read them. The artwork on the Android invasion was wonderful, the image doesnt do it justice.

51ZPoeW6NwL._SX297_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

tumblr_mxapwcrrAp1r18mzfo1_500.jpg

Android_Invasion_novel.jpg

View attachment 53152
View attachment 53153
Oh I loved the old Target books, enjoyable easy reads. I have heaps of them, some different editions, as family used to buy them for me and they never knew what I already had, plus they were dirt cheap.
Second hand bookshops always have them if you wanted to get back into reading them.

@oddjob The cover for The Android Invasion was one of my favourites! And when my copy became all creased and faded, I coloured in Styggron's face with a green texta... Thankfully I was able to buy a new copy off ebay years later.

@nutmeg I remember watching Whodunnit occasionally, with Jon Pertwee (I mean he was in it, I didn't watch it with him, but that would have been cool too. I bet he was a shusher).

Back