Skip to main content

Doctor Who

I thought he was always considered one of the doctors @Mr Stickyfingers ? He is canon after all

Did you see The Night of the Doctor webisode starring Paul McGann?

...yes I have seen that inumeenu but how I see it his appearance in that was just a 'token gesture' on Moffatt's part to include Paul McGann in the 'warm and fuzziness' of that period of time to appease fans for the oncoming 'Day of The Doctor' celebrations in my opinion... and besides... it was only to help towards bridging the original series to explaining the 'War Doctor' and eventually to the new series before Eccleston's Doctor that's all... he used McGann's Doctor as a 'filler' in my humble opinion... when Paul McGann's Doctor makes an appearance in our latest Doctor's Timeline in a whole episode then yes... McGann's Doctor is canon in the 'Whoniverse' for real in my mind anyway...

...when Paul McGann appeared in that mini episode I was so elated by it... when they gave the role to Peter Capaldi I was really hoping at the time that perhaps Paul was getting the role but alas he didn't but Capaldi was brilliant in the role so...

...I've always wanted McGann's Doctor to make an appearance during Capaldi's run just as much as I've always wanted Carole Ann Ford to return as Susan Foreman The Doctor's granddaughter... but alas... it hasn't happened so far lol!... so yeah inumeenu... when McGann's Doctor appears in a full episode of our favourite show then yes... I'll accept that he's part of our 'Whovian Family' lol!... cheers.

Sticky if you haven't checked this out I think you need to.

Its a shame that the only appearance of Paul McGann was in this and the pretty bad Tele-movie. He is such an amazing actor

...I so agree BigBrotherCritic... he is an amazing actor... I've followed him in movies and TV shows for ages... he is being so wasted by not being utilised in the series of Doctor Who in my opinion... they've made use of the original Doctor in the form of David Bradley so perhaps there's stiil some hope of sliding McGann's Doctor into a storyline or two maybe?... at least do it before he eventually dies for gods sake!... it's like why didn't they ever get David Bowie to make an appearance as the perfect Alien?... he would've been superb in the role lol!... but alas!... he's dead now so we'll never know will we?...

...I would so dearly love to see Catherine Tate's 'Donna Noble' meet Jodie Whittaker's new Doctor... imagine that?... lol!... so yes... please use Paul McGann's Doctor in at least 2-3 episodes within the future please Chris Chibnall!... cheers.

20429898_1626686517366291_9121066922447932665_n.jpg

...THAT is such a brilliant photo of such a brilliant man wearing such a brilliant T-Shirt!... I LOVE IT!... thanks so much for posting it Isee!... cheers.

I read the Doctor Who novels,which started in the nineties when the show was off air, and continue to this day with the current Doctors. Anyway, as you can imagine it's a slow process. I've read, in order, every new story featuring the 7th Doctor, and am currently reading this, the 54th new story featuring the 8th (Paul McGann) Doctor.
latest

I read the Doctor Who novels,which started in the nineties when the show was off air, and continue to this day with the current Doctors. Anyway, as you can imagine it's a slow process. I've read, in order, every new story featuring the 7th Doctor, and am currently reading this, the 54th new story featuring the 8th (Paul McGann) Doctor.
latest

...that's awesome my friend... I so envy you Meglos... cheers.

...I found this on YouTube my friends... I'm guessing that what Peter Davison said at the 1:27 mark is what got going such a hatred campaign set against him perhaps?... and what he said at the 2:55 mark was brilliantly said too... I'm glad that he stuck to his guns regardless of what people have been calling him but also I'm happy that he's wishing Jodie Whittaker all the best in the role too... he truly is a great bloke in my opinion anyway...

...and what Colin Baker says about him at the 6:13 mark is just dreadful and would probably help fuel the hatred towards Peter after saying that... I so cannot stand Colin Baker and never had... he was the worst Doctor ever!... even more worse than Peter Cushing in the Doctor Who movie versions of the 60's as far as I'm concerned anyway!... cheers.

Thanks for that video @Mr Stickyfingers
Very interesting to see all the opinions compiled together in one place. I'd never seen that Patrick Troughton clip before, he was very ahead of his time.
No further comment on Colin Baker, I find his attitude quite contradictory myself.

Thanks for that video @Mr Stickyfingers
Very interesting to see all the opinions compiled together in one place. I'd never seen that Patrick Troughton clip before, he was very ahead of his time.
No further comment on Colin Baker, I find his attitude quite contradictory myself.

...that was quite the eye opener wasn't it?... I really liked his take on The Doctor at the time... being the 2nd Doctor must have been very daunting for him at the time being that regeneration was an original untried formula to pull off but he did it so well that he laid the foundations for all future regenerations... kudos to him for that... we owe so much to Patrick for making it work otherwise we would not be watching the show nowadays I imagine... to him... I will always be grateful... cheers.

...yes I have seen that inumeenu but how I see it his appearance in that was just a 'token gesture' on Moffatt's part to include Paul McGann in the 'warm and fuzziness' of that period of time to appease fans for the oncoming 'Day of The Doctor' celebrations in my opinion... and besides... it was only to help towards bridging the original series to explaining the 'War Doctor' and eventually to the new series before Eccleston's Doctor that's all... he used McGann's Doctor as a 'filler' in my humble opinion... when Paul McGann's Doctor makes an appearance in our latest Doctor's Timeline in a whole episode then yes... McGann's Doctor is canon in the 'Whoniverse' for real in my mind anyway...

...when Paul McGann appeared in that mini episode I was so elated by it... when they gave the role to Peter Capaldi I was really hoping at the time that perhaps Paul was getting the role but alas he didn't but Capaldi was brilliant in the role so...

...I've always wanted McGann's Doctor to make an appearance during Capaldi's run just as much as I've always wanted Carole Ann Ford to return as Susan Foreman The Doctor's granddaughter... but alas... it hasn't happened so far lol!... so yeah inumeenu... when McGann's Doctor appears in a full episode of our favourite show then yes... I'll accept that he's part of our 'Whovian Family' lol!... cheers.

If Eccleston was too stubborn or uninterested to appear, I'm glad McGann was happy enough to appear and pave way for The War Doctor.

If Eccleston was too stubborn or uninterested to appear, I'm glad McGann was happy enough to appear and pave way for The War Doctor.

...yes I agree inumeenu...I really liked Eccleston's Doctor until he 'turned his back' on the Doctor Who world... I know that he had certain personal reasons for doing it because he had a beef with the BBC or whatever but that's still no excuse for his lack of interest in taking the 'Whoniverse' further by not participating in 'specials' etc... all of the other ex-Doctors and companions and enemies all willingly participate in taking the show further even if they aren't in it anymore... but him!... he doesn't realise that the show is way bigger than he will ever be regardless of his lack of interest in the show...

...it sometimes makes me think that he just used his tenure as The Doctor to launch or relaunch his career by doing the role until it just suited him to be honest... perhaps Russell T Davis realised this and replaced him because his heart wasn't really in it perhaps?... either way it doesn't matter now being that Paul McGann stepped up to the mark when needed eh?... good riddance to Eccleston if he wants no part in it... but still... he's STILL not as bad as Colin Baker regardless!... (don't get me started on him lol!)... cheers.

Peter Capaldi having a bit of a laugh here - I really hope.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/20...capaldi-hoping-for-another-iconic_a_23057653/

He may have already played one of TV’s iconic roles, but Peter Capaldi is already eyeing up another for his first post-‘Doctor Who’ gig.

The departing Time Lord has admitted he would love to play Cyril ‘Blakey’ Blake in a reboot of classic sitcom, ‘On The Buses’.

Peter, whose last episode as The Doctor airs at Christmas, revealed he is hoping to get the show’s outgoing boss Steven Moffat to bring back the comedy series, now that he is leaving ‘Doctor Who’ too.

Speaking to The Sun, the Scottish actor said: “I want them to do ‘On The Buses’ again. I’m trying to encourage them to do it.

“I have got a Blakey in me.”

Steven admitted interest in the project, adding: “We are working our way through the classics, so it is bound to come up.”

Peter Capaldi having a bit of a laugh here - I really hope.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/20...capaldi-hoping-for-another-iconic_a_23057653/

He may have already played one of TV’s iconic roles, but Peter Capaldi is already eyeing up another for his first post-‘Doctor Who’ gig.

The departing Time Lord has admitted he would love to play Cyril ‘Blakey’ Blake in a reboot of classic sitcom, ‘On The Buses’.

Peter, whose last episode as The Doctor airs at Christmas, revealed he is hoping to get the show’s outgoing boss Steven Moffat to bring back the comedy series, now that he is leaving ‘Doctor Who’ too.

Speaking to The Sun, the Scottish actor said: “I want them to do ‘On The Buses’ again. I’m trying to encourage them to do it.

“I have got a Blakey in me.”

Steven admitted interest in the project, adding: “We are working our way through the classics, so it is bound to come up.”

I think Capaldi should do a remake of The Good Life. Or maybe a remake of Whodunnit? Who knows, Oddjob, who knows as the sky above us glows and the trees shows the pose of a rose.

OMG look what I found.......a baby Capaldi as George Harrison....it is a very weird looking production

And OMG. Here he is even younger and weirder

Capaldi has heaps of freaky stuff on youtube

Back