Skip to main content

Doctor Who

Sticky these photos are wonderful. Thanks very much for sharing!

...haha!... no worries my friend... just a little side note on that age that we were... my dad told me and my brother about 30 years ago give or take (and much to our embarrassment) that our grandfather on our mum's side had died when we were that age and because William Hartnell's Doctor was Susan Foreman's 'grandfather' that we had asked him and mum if The Doctor could be our 'other grand dad' in his place!... they obviously told us "no!"... such was the influence of Doctor Who on kids at that time lol!...

...apparently dad took us aside and told us off for being so insensitive about mum's dad having just died so we were obviously in mum's bad books at the time lol!... (but in our defence we hardly knew him because he lived quite a distance away)... true story!... as I said... quite embarrassing!... I think that my brother and I must have thought that we could travel with The Doctor in The Tardis if he was our 'new grand dad' or something I guess?... lol!...

...and... one more thing... even though it was 30 odd years later when he told us that in front of our wives at the time they more or less had a go at us for being so insensitive and our mum gave us a blast too!... all those years later!... my brother and I both said something like "golly gosh dad... thanks for telling us that!"... he just grinned at us and I'm sure to this day that he was thinking "no worries boys!" too... he was a shit stirring bugger like me when he wanted to be lol!... mum and dad have been gone for quite a few years now but they sure left us with a lot of memories with things like that... as I said... it's a true story!... cheers.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017...rn-to-doctor-who-beyond-the-christmas-special

Pearl Mackie has confirmed that Bill’s final Doctor Who episode will be this year’s Christmas special, Twice Upon a Time.

Speaking at San Diego Comic Con’s Doctor Who panel, Mackie said that her character Bill would not be staying on beyond the Christmas special, which means she will not be joining Jodie Whittaker's Thirteenth Doctor in series 11.

...I must say that I love the way that they transformed William Hartnell into David Bradley in this sequence... hence the fading from black and white into colour... well done them!... Bradley has a wider jawline but other than that the resemblance to Hartnell is uncanny!... cheers.

hartnell-to-bradley.gif

h1.jpg

Peter Davison has removed himself from social media due to nasty comments from fans, all because he dared to have an opinion on the casting of the new Doctor.

...that's bloody so sad... he's an avid fan of the show still so it's all us other Whovians that miss out on his greatness now because of those lowlife untrue Whovian 'fans'... great!... just great!... idiots!... cheers.

...that's bloody so sad... he's an avid fan of the show still so it's all us other Whovians that miss out on his greatness now because of those lowlife untrue Whovian 'fans'... great!... just great!... idiots!... cheers.

Yes. Peter Davison loves the show. He often criticises things, as we do, but he is never nasty. He is as entitled to have an opinion as the so-called "fans" who troll him. In this case he said nice things about Jodie, the ONLY negative was that he was a bit worried at the loss of such a great "male role model for boys". Colin Baker disagreed with him, then the idiot side of fandom all trolled Peter Davison until he felt so uncomfortable he had to quit twitter.

That is why a lot of actors are wary of fans, because they are continually confronted by the loud obnoxious ones who criticise and insult. Peter Davison is the one who made that fantastic Five(ish) Doctors documentary a few years ago, he is the last person the fans should be turning on. Yet I gave seen comments on facebook today saying things like "Good riddance. I will never like him or his episodes again".

Yes. Peter Davison loves the show. He often criticises things, as we do, but he is never nasty. He is as entitled to have an opinion as the so-called "fans" who troll him. In this case he said nice things about Jodie, the ONLY negative was that he was a bit worried at the loss of such a great "male role model for boys". Colin Baker disagreed with him, then the idiot side of fandom all trolled Peter Davison until he felt so uncomfortable he had to quit twitter.
I read about both of these actors comments, and I felt some inconsistency lay in Colin Bakers words.

“They’ve had 50 years of having a role model,” he said. “So sorry Peter, you’re talking rubbish there – absolute rubbish.” As Baker explained, “Well you don’t have to be of a gender of someone to be a role model. Can’t you be a role model as people?”

Yet he is also saying:

“I’m really excited. I’ve got four daughters, and it’s time girls have a real role model in the Tardis, not just a companion.”

I read about both of these actors comments, and I felt some inconsistency lay in Colin Bakers words.

“They’ve had 50 years of having a role model,” he said. “So sorry Peter, you’re talking rubbish there – absolute rubbish.” As Baker explained, “Well you don’t have to be of a gender of someone to be a role model. Can’t you be a role model as people?”

Yet he is also saying:

“I’m really excited. I’ve got four daughters, and it’s time girls have a real role model in the Tardis, not just a companion.”

But in his second quote isn't he disparaging all the wonderful women companions by saying that they were not real role models? Companions like Sarah Jane Smith, Leela, Ace, Rose, Donna, and Clara?

But in his second quote isn't he disparaging all the wonderful women companions by saying that they were not real role models? Companions like Sarah Jane Smith, Leela, Ace, Rose, Donna, and Clara?
Absolutely they are role models. These are normal humans that have no alien powers or abilities, yet have saved the world and the doctor just by being strong independent women.

Absolutely they are role models. These are normal humans that have no alien powers or abilities, yet have saved the world and the doctor just by being strong independent women.

And they are the heart of the show. They are the reason the Doctor keeps keeping on. The reason he went from a cantankerous selfish Doctor to a Doctor willing to put his lives on the line.

Also... you don't need a role model to be the same gender as you for them to be a role model. The female companions are as much of a role model to me as the Doctor is. I don't think of them in terms of gender, just how smart/brave/likeable/loyal they are. Doctor Who is very unique in that it provides all kinds of people of any gender who you can identify with.

I think there are good non-sexist reasons for not wanting the Doctor to change sex, and I don't think the Doctor needs to change sex for it to be a non-sexist show.

...that's so true oddjob... The Doctor didn't need to change into a female to make the show keep going as it was but I accept it as I've stated before but I'm just hoping that Chibnall hasn't done it just as a 'gimmick' that's all... gimmicks don't last very long so hopefully Jodie will put in such a powerful performance in the role of The Doctor so that it shuts all of the naysayers up for good... (myself being one of those originally due to my own reasons that I've stated on enough occasions before)... what do I think now?... they could've made her a 'full ginger' to please the rest of the fans too at least lol!... cheers.

I thought the companions were meant to be the role models anyway?

...exactly right reepbot... as well as being the worst ever Doctor in the entire history of the show and the person that killed off the original series to me Colin Baker is also just such a blowhard to me and he says stuff like that dross just to stay 'relevant' in the Whoniverse as far as I'm concerned... I just cannot stand the moron I'm afraid... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
Back