Skip to main content

Doctor Who

I so hope she's staying.

Interesting article here on when the regeneration may occur...
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017...capaldis-doctor-will-regenerate-in-doctor-who

...hey Meglos... it still wouldn't surprise me if Peter Capaldi is replaced by... Peter Capaldi to be honest... perhaps this 'regeneration' is just him 'rebooting' his body and that he is really staying?... especially being that since Bill has become his new companion alongside Nardole the whole show now feels totally fresh with the latest storylines etc... I also imagine that since Pearl Mackie has such a brilliant rapport with Peter Capaldi's Doctor that the ratings would be going upwards yet again...

...I've read articles elsewhere where people are now praising this revamped season and of the dynamics between Pearl and Capaldi's characters so why would they want to change it just because Moffatt is leaving?... so Moffatt is leaving... big whoop!... besides... Peter Capaldi has always called this his 'dream role' that he dreamed of as a kid... why would he be so keen to leave it?...

..I think that most of this thing about Capaldi leaving was a result of the lowering ratings last year when it wasn't even being aired probably due to the weeney-bopper generation not liking an 'old man' as The Doctor because they couldn't swoon over a 'young' Doctor but since then... (because of pearl coming onto the show) they may have decided to keep Capaldi now and this 'regeneration' was implemented last year with two options... if Bill works out with The Doctor his body is 'rebooted'... if it didn't work out then his body was 'regenerated' with a replacement younger Doctor instead... anyhow... it's just my thoughts on it all...

...I really am hoping that I could be right but it's in the hands of the gods now I guess?... I think that we're being fed lots of Red Herrings just to drum up renewed interest in the show to beef up the ratings on Pearl and Matt's coincidental inclusions into the show... I still think that Capaldi will 'reboot' instead of 'regenerate' as I said earlier... cheers.

If you want more Michelle, she is currently in Bad Education repeats on the ABC, and just as awesome.....I LOVE HER

Anyone care to have a vault opening party here Sunday night???

I have a bad feeling that either/or Pearl/Michelle might be being forced to leave because the new Doctor is a woman. If that were the case they would probably want to make the companion and recurring protagonist female? Why fix what isn't broken.

...oh for crying out loud!... so even our beloved MISSY is going now?... so!... let's just sum up just exactly what is going on with our much beloved show shall we?...

(1) Moffatt is going...
(2) Capaldi is going...
(3) Missy is going...
(4) Pearl might be going...
(5) Matt might be going...

...so what's next?...

(6) is The Tardis going?...
(7) is the title of the show going?...
(8) is the show itself going?...

...it sure sounds like it to me so far... they are all like rats abandoning a sinking ship at the moment if all of those rumours are true... so if Moffat has abandoned it why is it that everyone else have to go?... what's the big deal that Moffatt is leaving?... good riddance to him I say... so is Chris Chibnall THAT hard to get along with or something?... everything is going along perfectly as it is so just leave it as it is eh?... sheesh!... so many changes all at once... it will be like watching a different show and not our much beloved Doctor Who at all!... I guess that the Daleks and the Cybermen are going to be a thing of the past too in the near future also?... I'm really not liking what's coming up ahead... I can feel it in my water... cheers.

I have a bad feeling that either/or Pearl/Michelle might be being forced to leave because the new Doctor is a woman. If that were the case they would probably want to make the companion and recurring protagonist female? Why fix what isn't broken.

...you bite your tongue Meglos right this moment do you hear?... I'd better not get started about this ridiculously insane notion because I think that we all already know how I feel about this possibility lol!... seriously... I will spit chunks if this ever happens... most likely scenario is that I would wipe the show from my mind and stop watching it altogether and just watch repeats of the show of how it was in it's heydays most likely... the idea of a female Doctor would really piss off a lot more fans than just me I imagine... if they do that they should just throw in River Song as The Doctor's permanent companion to really seal the fate of death for the show altogether!... just saying... (don't worry Meglos... I still love you as a friend lol!...:thumbsup::biggrin:)... cheers.

...you bite your tongue Meglos right this moment do you hear?... I'd better not get started about this ridiculously insane notion because I think that we all already know how I feel about this possibility lol!... seriously... I will spit chunks if this ever happens... most likely scenario is that I would wipe the show from my mind and stop watching it altogether and just watch repeats of the show of how it was in it's heydays most likely... the idea of a female Doctor would really piss off a lot more fans than just me I imagine... if they do that they should just throw in River Song as The Doctor's permanent companion to really seal the fate of death for the show altogether!... just saying... (don't worry Meglos... I still love you as a friend lol!...:thumbsup::biggrin:)... cheers.

I'm really quite annoyed about it Mr Sticky. I know there's no proof and it's just us speculating, but I can't imagine why Michelle Gomez would want to leave just because Peter Capaldi is. It really would make more sense if she were pushed, or was just simply turned off by things she had heard about where the series is headed. Sadly the idea of a female Doctor seems more possible than ever now. And really there's no way Missy could work with a female Doctor, the dynamic would be all wrong.

I don't know if I'd actually stop watching, but I'd be VERY disappointed and it would destroy much of the credibility of the character, and the show, for me (and a lot of others).

My opinion - New Doctor = it will be a young attractive male
They will NOT experiment right now
They are already afraid an old Doctor has made the ratings dip

Chibnall is a safe choice, Matt & Bill are designed to improve the younger ratings and are useful in this transition period
The new Doctor will be a safe choice, they are far too nervous right now to take chances
Safe choice = somebody like David

Michelle has that bad taste we have at a distance, we all feel with her, that Capaldi has been given a nudge, or at the very least, it is the UK public who are the pushing Capaldi aside.
Michelle is so connected to Capaldi, they are so awesome together, but she would likely eat anyone less skilled alive onscreen - they would just disappear beneath her ENORMOUS charisma and acting skill

Personally I know it is Moffat and his ridiculous twisted crap that ruined ratings, the Doctor was almost depressing

If you want more Michelle, she is currently in Bad Education repeats on the ABC, and just as awesome.....I LOVE HER

Anyone care to have a vault opening party here Sunday night???

...aw jeez!... sorry kxk... I missed this post for some reason... sorry about that... when this season first started I tried doing a 'LIVE" posting of the episode as I was watching it 1 or 2 times but it didn't work out unfortunately because most of the fellow Whovians on this thread just wanted to savour the episode as it unfolded without any interruptions because their favourite show was just so damn good so I stopped doing it and understood why... while your eyes are on the keyboard typing you are just missing so many details that are unfolding during the episode...

...so I went over to posting 'LIVE' on 'Masterchef' instead because let's face it... there's nothing too detailed or complex that you can miss on that show is there?... lol!... so now I watch my beloved Doctor Who later that night and watch the episode through in a straight run (and Whovians straight after) and take notes in Microsoft Word which is a really quick type session where I write my first impressions 'Live' as they happen etc as a rough draft and then usually the next day write my proper review of it in a lot more detailed manner while having watched the episode a second or third time... and I then post it here...

...but your idea of a 'vault opening party' was a good one but people are too immersed in the episode to want to participate I found lol!... so!... who do you think is in the vault?... lol!... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
I'll be here for the vault opening, but can't promise I'll talk much, or I might, who knows, lol.

I hope there are no Masters in the vault, too obvious, but would be fun if it was. Instead I'm hoping for Tasha Lem with her little Dalek forehead. I can't 100% remember, but I think she's still alive. She was awesome, but it is unlikely to be her.

Really interested to see what happens with Nardole this week. Have been kinda disappointed that the Doctor and Nardole don't really have a relationship. Tempting to say that you can't have a relationship with a robot, but most of us have seen how affectionate the Doctor was towards K9. So what's up? It points towards River being in the vault, methinks. But other things make that seem illogical, so who knows?!!

Well we're about to find out. So excited.

Bwahaha the look on Bill's face hearing the TARDIS[DOUBLEPOST=1495360332][/DOUBLEPOST]ok, the pope is totally a date killer

Wow, this is confusing so far about the message they want to sent about the Catholic Church, or maybe it isn't, it might just be me who's confused[DOUBLEPOST=1495360536][/DOUBLEPOST]Yay, River's back, if only by proxy

Back