Skip to main content

Deaths of Minor Celebrities

David Cassidy.
My first celebrity crush. Well, him and Robert Redford.[DOUBLEPOST=1511264889][/DOUBLEPOST]
oh dear there is apparently a few people on the interwebz saying RIP, confusing him with Marilyn Manson
Oh dear indeed. Some people. Geez.
Helter Skelter. Great book, once I got into it. I could only read it in daylight hours. The cover is a bit manic.

Not trying to be argumentative, but she was never on the ABC, she was Channel 9 her whole career.

Funnily enough, read this a couple of months ago:
"In 1965, Melbourne’s Channel 9 hired model Rosemary Margan to present the weather. One evening in 1969, she appeared in a fur coat before stripping to a bikini during her live segment, sparking a steady stream of responses from viewers. In the 1970s, when searching for a replacement for the then pregnant Margan, the station hired the 15-year-old schoolgirl Kerry Armstrong, whose job application had led them to believe she was 22. While often appearing in short, tight garments, Armstrong, who went on to become a celebrated actor, did on one occasion break away from the standard weather script, when she informed viewers that “due to the drought, 1,000 head of cattle died. But don’t worry, beachgoers, it’s going to be another great day tomorrow with a top of 35 degrees”."

It's from this : http://theconversation.com/just-do-...-if-tv-weather-presenters-arent-experts-81896

I remember her doing the weather on the ABC back in the 60s when I was little. She did them on glass and wrote backwards. I was totally impressed. Still am. She was even helped out of her dress revealing a bikini after saying Melbourne was going to have a heatwave. Bloody brilliant.

...a trip down memory lane for you Fiona... and wow!... what a good looking woman she was too... cheers.

Back