Skip to main content

Deaths of Minor Celebrities

And he was wonderful on The Last Detective, as ex Doctor Peter Davies best buddy.

They were so witty and freaky funny together, fondly recall him dressed as a dog.

And he has an uncanny likeness to lovely James Matheson....
Very sad, he drank himself to death:(

Noooooo! I hadn't seen this yet! I adore her! She was in A Country Practice as well and that is when I fell in love with her. How I miss good Aussie drama shows

hasn't been quite the same since classic australian drama like ship to shore or something in the air left our tv screens all those years ago.

not that he's a minor celebrity ...

Robert Guillaume, star of 'Benson,' dies at 89

LOS ANGELES (Variety.com) - Emmy Award-winning actor Robert Guillaume, best known as the title character in the TV sitcom "Benson," died Tuesday. He was 89.

His wife told the Associated Press he died at their Los Angeles home of complications of prostate cancer.

Guillaume often played acerbic, dry-witted, but ultimately lovable characters like the butler Benson Du Bois, which he created on the 1977 series "Soap," before his character was spun off in 1979. Guillaume won Emmys both for "Soap" (as supporting actor) and "Benson" (as lead actor).

He was also known as the the voice of Rafiki in "The Lion King," for which he also won a Grammy for a spoken word recording.

Benson2fix251017_2.jpg
Robert Guillaume in 'Benson'. Image: Getty

Reactions: kxk
Back