Skip to main content

Deaths of Minor Celebrities

Well she wasn't just any old crack addict honey.

She gave us something, one of the most beautiful pure voices, and it's a damn shame we didn't get more.
Just watched her singing the national anthem when she was young and soooo gorgeous.
They say it's the best ever live outdoor renditions, personally I think Marvin Gaye's is gorgeous - see them both here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRvVzaQ6i8A

Hope it wasn't drugs this time - for her daughter's sake.

It might just be because I am in a narky mood, but I have no sympathy for Whitney. A gorgeous woman with the most incredible voice and she wasted it all. Even if it wasn't drugs this time I am sure all she took before did not help her health. I do think of her daughter, she has probably been to hell and back with this woman. May Whitney rest in peace from her demons and her daughter be able to come to terms with what ever she needs to.

I certainly see your point Tay, having a gift like that and pissing it away is beyond my comprehension. But so many talented people do just that.

I'd love to be able to sing. I tried karaoke last week for the first time and was really really awful, I'm more of a back up vocalist because I sound incredibly good in the car :) It's different and very hard to just ... sing. She was a very talented lady, such a voice.

Such a waste. Her choice.

She certainly had Talent...anyone who refutes that needs their ears syringed.

Sometimes people have dramas others dont see.

I think perhaps drugs were in the mix, but it is strange to me that a hell of a lot of people race in and diagnose something they know fuck-all about.

Drawing a conclusion from "who Weekly" aint truth.

It must be great to be perfect.

Anyone dying at 47 is a tragedy. It's too young regardless of the reason.

lol yes you probably are as close as i know in handling yr stuff

certainly the nicest canadian I have ever had the pleasure to know

cept for neil Young

It might just be because I am in a narky mood, but I have no sympathy for Whitney. A gorgeous woman with the most incredible voice and she wasted it all. Even if it wasn't drugs this time I am sure all she took before did not help her health. I do think of her daughter, she has probably been to hell and back with this woman. May Whitney rest in peace from her demons and her daughter be able to come to terms with what ever she needs to.

Have to agree with you Taylia. There are a couple of friends hwo are blaming Bobby Brown too and while he certainly was the catalyst for starting her and enabling her she was an adult who made her own choices.

That said RIP Whitney

Have to agree with you Taylia. There are a couple of friends hwo are blaming Bobby Brown too and while he certainly was the catalyst for starting her and enabling her she was an adult who made her own choices.

That said RIP Whitney

well said.

This could be taken the wrong way, for some people who manage to climb into eletie music. People who are expose to A-List as a matter of course...the temptation is there 24/7...Im not talking about the like of Fitzy etc but real recording artists.

There are an amazing number of great peaople who succumb to it. I wouldnt blame brown although I cant tolerate the battering. sometimes people can be overwealmed by fame and/or fortune.

I feel sure that her (Whitney) support group had their own interests at heart. I hope I am wrong but have seen it before. Her understanding of the Industry was incredible. Her Mum was a great vocalist, her auntie was Dionne Warwick ang her godmother was Aretha.

I remember when Frank Sinatra came out to open sanctuary Cove in 88 she was the support act she was flawless.

She was certainly a fantastic vocalist. On her day she could match it with almost anyone. Not Sarah Vaughan Or Ella but close.

6a00d8341c630a53ef0167622e8abc970b-600wi

Houston had recently finished shooting "Sparkle," the remake of the 1976 Irene Cara film that, eerily, focuses on talented young musicians whose lives are ruined by addiction. Houston also served as an executive producer on the movie, acquiring rights to the original film more than a decade ago. The movie, shot this past fall and currently in post-production, is scheduled to be released in August.

I know she "fell apart' with substances ...we all do, she could sing. I posted her registers on the muso bit. I hope those of you who get musical notation will have a gander.

Ive been there, people tend to offer you all sorts of things mainly for their own ends.

I started as a kid and I was being offered al;l sorts of things from 12

My parents wernt those aweful "power parents" and dad was a jazz player so they trusted where I was.

Given the people around her I thing 46 is good

Aweful to say, sometimes the people around you drive what you do.

Living up to expectations etc.

I hope tomorrow they say she went to sleep with no complications but i am almost certain there will be some drug in there. I hope all of these great peole including self righteous types like bernie, will let her go with some peace.

That is all

It's sad that on Ebay people have started selling WH related merchandise...... Wouldn't be surprised if it is on Amazon soon too. Ah capitalism.

This on my cousins fb. Pretty much why I hate having to spend Christmas with them. Urgh.

Attachments

• whit.jpg
    whit.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 55
oh dear. im not amazed at all of the people you are ready to chop her down like a cheap tree.

The lady could sing

these people who would cut her down i wonder if they could sing

Im sad she passed, Im almost cert its drugs but she was someone who was lovely at one point

Back