Skip to main content

Celebrity Big Brother UK January 2014

I thought it was a really entertaining series, but I do agree that we didn't get to know some of them very well. BB spent so much time on tasks and storylines that we didn't get to see as much general conversation as other seasons.

One of my favourite episodes was the live feed one where Dappy was really drunk and was good-naturedly teasing a few housemates, especially Lee. I like seeing that sort of stuff, and I started to like Dappy a bit at that point as I saw another side of his personality.

Wish there was more of that kind of thing in this season, or at least if there had been more live feed episodes. I remember the days of Uplate (BBAU) where the live stuff often showed very different aspects of housemates' personalities than we saw in the daily shows.

Finally got around to catching up and watching the final...

And, honestly, I think this was one of the best BB's ever. Not so much for any dramas or fights or controversies or twists but because, in the end, I found that I really cared about who won and I genuinely liked all of the last 6 housemates.

I was happy for Jim because, for him, winning had more meaning than it would have for the others. Having been wrongly associated with all that Jimmy Savile case stuff a year ago, winning this series means not being considered a monster. No wonder he was happy!

Last edited:
by the final Bit on the Side, when the housemates were having a singalong, I thought great series, really enjoyed it.

Would have liked to have seen Luisa win. She had annoyed me at first on The Apprentice, but by the end of that season I had come to appreciate her entertainment value, and she kept that up throughout CBB.

Unfortunately, Linda helped Jim win with her inability to hold back her disgust with him. That said, I agree with timelord, Jim played the game well and would be relieved to be in the position of winner after the year he'd had.

? not trying to impress anyone, just stating my opinion. Isn't that what these forums are for? But you could perhaps take your own advice...

I'm just saying that the things you're complaining about are pointless... At this point we've known the direction Channel 5 want to take the show and more than ever in the last CBB we've seen them push towards that goal...

You guys are right, it was good for Jim's wellbeing to get that boost after the year he had. Despite being innocent until proven guilty, he well knows that mud sticks: after all, he didn't get his day in court to be declared 'not guilty', they just dropped the case due to lack of evidence, so some people will always believe the allegations. And then with his women issues over the years (e.g. in his autobiography he apparently wrote about being violent towards one of his ex-wives), that will just inflame people's suspicions. But he is realistic about always having haters, so to know that he still has fans is a big deal: this win would be like a ray of sunshine to him and his family/friends.

Would have liked to have seen Luisa win.

Me too! I'd never seen her before and I found her to be a bore for the first half of this series but by the end I liked her. It might have something to do with her voice. I love her voice. I could listen to her all day... well, maybe not ALL day. But often.

Back