Skip to main content

Celebrity Big Brother UK January 2014

The outrage is because C4 made a very clear point of making no concessions (other than removing shower/toilet cameras) for the celebs. C5 have just taken the piss, and the real fury is that due to no live feed things can and are being covered up. When you think about what we know about the last few series you have to wonder about what we don't know.

Which I would understand more if it weren't Celebrity Big Brother. But there's no prize for the winner, so these little things that happen don't seem like a big deal to me. And since this isn't the first time something like this has happened, how are people still outraged? If you were outraged with the first incident, you should have stopped voting and stopped watching. Big Brother, especially Celebrity Big Brother, is just entertainment. I'm not even going to care who won a week after the show is over, so I'm not really too upset about little things like this that happen during the show.

God Linda is annoying. Luisa was right.. she doesn't come across very well at all. It's like she's waiting for absolutely anything that Jim says that she can jump on & turn into an argument. I'm not mad about Jim at all.. but I think he's handled her netter than I would. On the other hand though, I love the fact that Luisa tries to wind Jim up. That house would be boring as batshit if Luisa wasn't there.

How the fuck is Sam still there. She does absolutely nothing beside sit around while other people do interesting things, if she or Ollie win I will not be happy. Luisa should win imo.

^ I'd like to see Louisa win too, not half because it would get on Jim's tits. Though I think Jim will likely win.

Sad to see Liz go, I like different personalities in the house and she certainly is different. I do think she played up her insecure side, but none the less I think it was real and I liked her.

She had classic lines: "I was traumatised, they ate too much", from the professional anorexic. Bwahaha. Goodbye Vienetta Bottom.

I too, would like to see Luisa or Jim win.

Disappointed Liz is out of the house. Hope she does get to go to a sex party, and a Prince concert.

Would like to see Lee and Linda evicted asap.

For some reason I am still watching this... thank god it's nearly over.

I long for the days of CBB4, which IMHO was CBB at its absolute best. I don't think that season could ever be matched for casting. Channel 5 can never hope to get close.

*sigh*

I've lost respect for Casey being all over Lee now. Like seriously girl, where's your self respect? Now Timelord your bunny boiler label is sticking a little more. I'm all about chances but damn she is not doing herself any favours.

Lee is a spineless muppet but Casey totally manipulated him by doing whatever it took to get him to say whatever she needed to hear to be able to convince herself that he cared about her.

I think. If I could follow my own sentence. ;)

For some reason I am still watching this... thank god it's nearly over.

I long for the days of CBB4, which IMHO was CBB at its absolute best. I don't think that season could ever be matched for casting. Channel 5 can never hope to get close.

*sigh*

That was, hands down, the best CBB that has ever been so far. It was just filled with incredible moments from start to finish.

Lee is a spineless muppet but Casey totally manipulated him by doing whatever it took to get him to say whatever she needed to hear to be able to convince herself that he cared about her.

I think. If I could follow my own sentence. ;)

haha.. you're spot on... I think? :p I'm not sure who is worse tbh. She's all over him like an STD & he's all whiney like a 3 year old taking no responsibility for his own actions.

"I'm gonna stay away from her."

*Lee jumps into bed next to Casey & spoons her*

Okayyyyy.

If Jasmine has any grey matter in that noggin of hers she will run for the hills. A life with Lee Ryan would be full of drama. Urghh. Still... it might get her some mag deals & some extra $$$ for a while.

I hope to gawd that Linda goes next. There's nothing more ugly than a grumpy woman with a bitter core. It just oozes out of her. She's not a very nice lady at all. I think Jim is a clear winner if he doesn't go on Friday. She's actually making him look good & that takes some doing.

Tonight's episode is probably one of my all-time favorites for BBUK. The highlights were great, the secret eviction method was great, Emma was great.

Tonight's episode is probably one of my all-time favorites for BBUK. The highlights were great, the secret eviction method was great, Emma was great.

Such a great episode. There is no helping Lee. He just cannot see what he's like. Even when shown filmed evidence.

Anyone left to win, except Ollie or Sam who have added absolutely nothing in the way of entertainment.

Ignore the obvious again. Yawn. Although the eviction but was quite good.

I don't understand why Jim the arsehole is so popular. :confused:

Just watched the finale. Meh.

This post would have been the same no matter who won. What a shit season. What shit casting... Worst. CBB. Everrrrrrrrrr.

Just watched the finale. Meh.

This post would have been the same no matter who won. What a shit season. What shit casting... Worst. CBB. Everrrrrrrrrr.

I'm not sure what show you've been watching but this has been by far one of the best CBB series in years... That's not to say the series is without fault but there are plenty of people who would beg to differ with your opinion...

I liked the season, lots happened and the tasks were better than usual. My favourite was the alien task when Evander was just tapping the 'alien eggs' and Dappy was bashing the crap out of them for the same result. And the 'on the fence' task was pretty clever to get people out from under the radar.

Liz provided my two favourite moments. The first one was when she said she would stab Evander (sounds harsh when you put it in writing but it was so funny) and then when she was having her fake meltdown in the bath.

Disappointed Louisa came fourth - she gave a lot to the show and deserved to be in the final three. And I have a soft spot for the good-natured Ollie, so glad he went well.

I didn't want Jim to win. He's not all bad, but I think a lot of luck went his way to make him look better and make the audience feel sorry for him (eg Linda, who I think got a bad edit - she would have had plenty of more lighthearted moments but we didn't see them). But Jim played a VERY good game, so in that respect he was a deserving winner. With all the fuss about him getting thrown off Celebrity Hells Kitchen after homophobic comments to Brian Dowling, it would have been funny/awful if Brian was still CBB host and had to crown Jim as the winner. Lucky escape for Brian.

Sad it's over, can't wait til summer season.

Liz provided my two favourite moments. The first one was when she said she would stab Evander (sounds harsh when you put it in writing but it was so funny) and then when she was having her fake meltdown in the bath.

That "meltdown" was the best part of the season, she did so well to keep a straight face.

CBB used to have a higher average age across the board, you used to get to know about the celebrities, find out what makes them tick etc. Not to mention you had a chance of knowing who any of them were. Last CBB I didn't know any of them and this time I only knew Evander and knew of Linda Nolan. Did I really get to know anything about this lot? Not really.

This season was reduced to silly love triangles and sex talk etc like you would expect from BBAU when it was on Ten. They're really scraping the botton of the barrel.

That "meltdown" was the best part of the season, she did so well to keep a straight face.

CBB used to have a higher average age across the board, you used to get to know about the celebrities, find out what makes them tick etc. Not to mention you had a chance of knowing who any of them were. Last CBB I didn't know any of them and this time I only knew Evander and knew of Linda Nolan. Did I really get to know anything about this lot? Not really.

This season was reduced to silly love triangles and sex talk etc like you would expect from BBAU when it was on Ten. They're really scraping the botton of the barrel.

To be honestly we've known for a while that Channel 5 have always wanted to recreate BBUK in the style of BBAU during the TEN era... Quite frankly they've managed to do a pretty bang up job keeping the show alive for as long as they have and they seem to be maintaining a level of improvement year on year... If you are honestly expecting more at this point you might as well just switch off... And for that matter Channel 5 were already scraping the bottom of the barrel when they revived the series to begin with...

As for awareness of the celebrities I didn't find this series was any different from any other... 99% of any CBB cast since I've followed the series have been virtually unknown to me... CBB 9 being a great example... I knew Frankie Cocozza only because I also follow The X Factor and I had seen a film or two that Micheal Madsen had been in... Other than that I had no clue who the remaining celebs were, but yet the series had me hooked throughout... Whether or not I'm aware of the cast prior to the series has never distracted from my enjoyment of the series...

TDW I have no idea who you were trying to impress with the dribble you've just posted... I honestly suggest in the future you take some time to actually process your thoughts before you post...

Last edited:
TDW I have no idea who you were trying to impress with the dribble you've just posted... I honestly suggest in the future you take some time to actually process your thoughts before you post...

? not trying to impress anyone, just stating my opinion. Isn't that what these forums are for? But you could perhaps take your own advice...

Back