Skip to main content

Books to Buy

Speaking of rereading books, I want to read "Razor" by Larry Writer again.

It's about the razor gangland wars in Sydney and focuses a lot with the ongoing feud between Tilly Devine and Kate Leigh. It was a fantastic read.

I love reading non-fiction books.

Sounds Interesting - I am not a fiction fan - I can dream my own fiction books every night :)

Is it still Interesting?

Yes it is. It looks like Thurston Moore had a bit of a mid-life crisis. So sad after almost 30 years of marriage, but oh well that's life. It's also about her art and music though, not all about him.

I love non-fiction too. Real life is so interesting!

Oh I've had plenty of overdue fines. Could have bought some of the books I was reading with the money I've outlaid. :facepalm:

I once had my backpack stolen in a food court, and it contained newly borrowed library books. So as well as losing my own stuff I had to pay the replacement fees.

I once had my backpack stolen in a food court, and it contained newly borrowed library books. So as well as losing my own stuff I had to pay the replacement fees.
Bugger Meglos re losing those library books and your belongings.

It's a kick in the pants because if your borrow a book and lose it, you bought it technically speaking.

Bugger Meglos re losing those library books and your belongings.

It's a kick in the pants because if your borrow a book and lose it, you bought it technically speaking.

It was doubly annoying because I really wanted the info in one of the books (a music book), but had decided it was easier to borrow it than order one to buy. So in the end I didn't get to even look through the book before it was stolen, had to pay the replacement fee, and had to eventually order my own copy to buy anyway, as the library couldn't confirm that they actually were going to replace it. Plus there was probably the suspicion from the library that I had stolen the books, though they were nice about it and I had no problem paying, it wasn't their fault.

Stupidest thing about it is I had nothing in my backpack that would have been of the slightest interest to the bastids who snatched it. I hope they were REALLY disappointed.

Trollmaster.
By Anti-gretal.
A fictional tale.
Where are you buddy?
I miss your inputs.

It was doubly annoying because I really wanted the info in one of the books (a music book), but had decided it was easier to borrow it than order one to buy. So in the end I didn't get to even look through the book before it was stolen, had to pay the replacement fee, and had to eventually order my own copy to buy anyway, as the library couldn't confirm that they actually were going to replace it. Plus there was probably the suspicion from the library that I had stolen the books, though they were nice about it and I had no problem paying, it wasn't their fault.

Stupidest thing about it is I had nothing in my backpack that would have been of the slightest interest to the bastids who snatched it. I hope they were REALLY disappointed.
Wow that was really rotten luck, Meglos.

You would have liked to think that the person that found your bag would have done the right thing and return your books to the library. Not everyone is honest and decent at the end of the day. Shame.

Bastids :rage:

you can also go in the draw to win a free fishing rod and bait!
I imagine they might be of poor quality.
In the end, its not the content, its the salesmanship.
tim-shaw-sales-advice.jpg

The Dispatcher by Ryan David Jahn

A plot with more holes in it than a junkies arm, but entertaining none the less. I would give it 6/10.

I am now on the hunt for my newest read!

I have thankfully fallen back in love with reading and I am currently reading She's Out by Lynda La Plante, and it is brilliant.

My goal this year is to read 2 books per month.

So far, so good.

Goal hasn't gone as planned given She's Out was the last book I have read :(

Regoaling as of today. Just downloaded You Before Me by Jojo Moyes and it is like reading beautiful music... The actual tune, not the written notes.

So far, brilliant.

Goal hasn't gone as planned given She's Out was the last book I have read :(

Regoaling as of today. Just downloaded You Before Me by Jojo Moyes and it is like reading beautiful music... The actual tune, not the written notes.

So far, brilliant.
I just saw the movie tonight. I had read some bad reviews so had pretty low expectations. I enjoyed it.

Reactions: Tee
13557830_1121025391295541_4512627555623140759_n.jpg

Just ordered this, my great gran has her own chapter, can't wait to read it.

And our great grandfather is featured in this doco, and my cousins are interviewed, very exciting - for my Dad buried our history for decades due to racism he experienced.
739387.jpg

Race Riots in the second half of the nineteenth century are almost exclusively against the Chinese community. Most are in the goldfields. The rioters are white and murderous. The Chinese communities show great courage in defending themselves but they also hold to their faith in the law. In return the law, at least in Victoria then New South Wales, defends their rights and property – albeit after in Victoria then New South Wales, defends their rights and property – albeit at the spilling of Chinese blood. But in Queensland white Australians, often in the minority, are also fighting frontier wars with Aboriginal Australia. The habit of racism and violence is ingrained. Race Riots become increasingly fatal for Chinese and white
Australians. As the century wanes and the colonies contemplate Federation, Australia opts to deal with race in a way that runs contrary to the rest of the British Empire and even to agreements that London has signed on our behalf. The Australian nation is founded on a policy of Asian exclusion and indigenous disenfranchisement. The rights of Chinese who have already arrived are protected. But the door is closed. Australia for the White Man, trumpets The Bulletin from its masthead, China for the Chow.

Back