Skip to main content

"Better than f...king your Aunty"

Aisha > Tahan

Sorry Ryan ... never heard of this "Aussie colloquialism" before.

No-one has. It doesn't exist.

What you did was bullying and baiting and then you have the arrogance and temerity to get up on your high horse when Trav throws a jab back?

Worst of all was when you got all mean-spirited, cruelly saying "I'd never be friends with a guy like you on the outside" when Trav has been the bigger man to apologize and try and discuss things with you?

What a fuckwit this guy is. True colours shown.

Travis is such a genuine kind heart bloke he was even manipulated into feeling like he was the one in the wrong when he was simply standing up for himself. Ryan went at Travis for NO reason and Travis was sticking up for himself. Then Ryan threatens him with violence. HAHA Please!! Travis would DROP Ryan easily. I just feel bad that Travis was made to feel like a complete tit when he did nothing wrong. I wish somebody had stood by Travis and said "Hey, hang on now Travis is right here, Ryan YOU DID START IT". But the pack mentality has kicked in and Ryan keeps deluding himself into thinking he is the Alpha male. A true Alpha stands on his own and does not fall in line like the rest of the sheep! I respect the hell out of Travis even more now after seeing the way he handled himself. Good on ya Travis we'll have a beer for ya mate!

Travis is such a genuine kind heart bloke he was even manipulated into feeling like he was the one in the wrong when he was simply standing up for himself. Ryan went at Travis for NO reason and Travis was sticking up for himself. Then Ryan threatens him with violence. HAHA Please!! Travis would DROP Ryan easily. I just feel bad that Travis was made to feel like a complete tit when he did nothing wrong. I wish somebody had stood by Travis and said "Hey, hang on now Travis is right here, Ryan YOU DID START IT". But the pack mentality has kicked in and Ryan keeps deluding himself into thinking he is the Alpha male. A true Alpha stands on his own and does not fall in line like the rest of the sheep! I respect the hell out of Travis even more now after seeing the way he handled himself. Good on ya Travis we'll have a beer for ya mate!
Bingo! I 100% agree to with this!

I already said in the travis thread, that travis doesn't seem to care about having people in his corner to agree with his opinion or need people to validate what he thinks he should say. The fact Travis could stand there and not even flinch with a reaction towards Ryan after his threats, was actually quite telling. He can give as good as he gets standing on his own two feet, Ryan needs a backing group to cheer him on to show his power- that is actually weak and he also lacks control and cannot take as good as he gives

Hold on, so you think Ryan was genuinely talking about Travis's aunty? It's a bit of fun, it's a one liner that's designed to get people laughing, similar to Lisa's "boom bitch", it's not used in a literal way, it's used for a bit of fun. Travis's response was genuinely meant to hurt Ryan, he knows that Ryan is close to his sisters and he stooped low when he said it trying to get a laugh.

Haven't heard of it either, but figure this was just an extension of that age old insult men throw down "Your mother is so....(insert something completely offensive here)"

Hold on, so you think Ryan was genuinely talking about Travis's aunty? It's a bit of fun, it's a one liner that's designed to get people laughing, similar to Lisa's "boom bitch", it's not used in a literal way, it's used for a bit of fun. Travis's response was genuinely meant to hurt Ryan, he knows that Ryan is close to his sisters and he stooped low when he said it trying to get a laugh.
who says better than effing your aunty anyways? It's like he created that line as a way to say that it is not as bad as saying it about your mum or sisters. So if he gets sensitive all the sudden, he can that he didn't say anything as bad... bs it was a throw away comment. He knows Travis well enough now to know that Travis would give it back to him. If he cant handle the banter then he shouldn't participate to begin with. But it was clear he wanted the band of brothers to laugh along with what he said as he tried to humiliate travis. that's how I viewed it anyways

I think they were both joking but Travis took it too far (by making it personal) because he took what Ryan said too seriously. Then Ryan got overly offended probably because he was missing his sisters and he didn't like Trav anyway. Boredom probably factored into it too.

I think they were both joking but Travis took it too far (by making it personal) because he took what Ryan said too seriously. Then Ryan got overly offended probably because he was missing his sisters and he didn't like Trav anyway. Boredom probably factored into it too.

I would maybe believe that, but Ryan had the boys there with him laughing while travis was supposed to just stand there and laugh to, when it was clear that the insults were thrown to humiliate him? I agreed with David's opinion on this that it was them against travis at the time

We pretty much don't know either side of the story really...Ryan could have said that in response to something else going on.

There are two sides to every story and we didn't see the whole thing.
To me it seemed like Travis and Ryan were angry even prior to that "aunty" comment so I'm not sure what went on before that for Ryan to say that BUT either way....the comment was really low and classless, Travis just returned what Ryan started and ended up being in major trouble for it because we all know how much Ryan loves his sisters.

I don't think anyone is the good guy in this...they both stooped pretty low.

Offensive banter probably gets thrown back and forth a lot that we don't see. Ryan's comment was uncalled for and would be construed as crass by most people, but Travis couldn't help but one up him. I think they are both as bad as each other. I know Ryan thinks Travis is a uneducated bogan, but he's really no different. One just happens to have better elocution than the other.

I would maybe believe that, but Ryan had the boys there with him laughing while travis was supposed to just stand there and laugh to, when it was clear that the insults were thrown to humiliate him? I agreed with David's opinion on this that it was them against travis at the time
Oh I actually don't remember that. I'll have to watch it again, but I don't think what Ryan said would have been humiliating to Travis unless he was referring to Travis' actual aunt. He could have been, but we wouldn't know; we haven't seen whether Travis has a pic of his aunt, has talked about her, etc. I think it's more likely that Ryan wasn't meaning it literally. It's different when Travis referred to Ryan's sister because he knows that Ryan is close with his sisters (and that he even has sisters). That's what made it offensive.

Oh I actually don't remember that. I'll have to watch it again, but I don't think what Ryan said would have been humiliating to Travis unless he was referring to Travis' actual aunt. He could have been, but we wouldn't know; we haven't seen whether Travis has a pic of his aunt, has talked about her, etc. I think it's more likely that Ryan wasn't meaning it literally. It's different when Travis referred to Ryan's sister because he knows that Ryan is close with his sisters (and that he even has sisters). That's what made it offensive.
yeah I can see what you mean and what you're getting at, but I don't think it justifies Ryan's behavior for it. It's like when Travis said back to Katie that she is cut that she has an ugly head. He just lets words fly without realizing their actual intention of getting under peoples skin, so I can let it fly that Travis didn't realize the full potential of his words to Ryan. In saying that though, I still stand by if you are going to dish it, you should be able to be take it. Just because it is not known whether Travis is close to his aunties, the bantering holds the same value whether it be a sister, aunty or cousin or whatever else

Bingo! I 100% agree to with this!

I already said in the travis thread, that travis doesn't seem to care about having people in his corner to agree with his opinion or need people to validate what he thinks he should say. The fact Travis could stand there and not even flinch with a reaction towards Ryan after his threats, was actually quite telling. He can give as good as he gets standing on his own two feet, Ryan needs a backing group to cheer him on to show his power- that is actually weak and he also lacks control and cannot take as good as he gives
Nerves of steel haha you are totally right he didn't flinch even a little bit. It's so obvious Ryan is scared
48TyMFJ.gif
Ryan was clearly putting Travis on show in front of the entire country. Let's not be ignorant here.

yeah I can see what you mean and what you're getting at, but I don't think it justifies Ryan's behavior for it. It's like when Travis said back to Katie that she is cut that she has an ugly head. He just lets words fly without realizing their actual intention of getting under peoples skin, so I can let it fly that Travis didn't realize the full potential of his words to Ryan. In saying that though, I still stand by if you are going to dish it, you should be able to be take it. Just because it is not known whether Travis is close to his aunties, the bantering holds the same value whether it be a sister, aunty or cousin or whatever else
I agree that Ryan shouldn't dish it if he can't take it. He overreacted to what Trav said, but I understand that things get heated quickly in the house.

That entire genre of your mother, your sister, (or your aunty) jokes is pathetically sexist. It positions the woman in the joke who is getting fucked by the jokester as the property of her indignant protector and I have no respect for either the joke maker or the one who gets riled up, since each party is as dumb and anachronistic and sexist as the other.

The jokes were exactly the same. Travis doesn't want to sleep with Ryan's sister anymore than Ryan wants to sleep with Travis' auntie. It is ridiculous for Ryan to arbitrarily draw a line and say "you have gone too far" and then threaten violence. That is just self-contradictory bogan logic.

Back