Skip to main content

Better Call Saul

Yes, I've decided I'm giving up on it for now. Might binge watch it once the season comes to an end but have seen nothing so far I feel is worth investing in, which is why I'm absolutely baffled that I seem to be one of only about three people on the internet to feel that way.

It's breaking bad syndrome,a show which took several episodes before I decided I liked it

It's breaking bad syndrome,a show which took several episodes before I decided I liked it

The first season of BrBa was terribly dull, depressing and slow. IMO too much time was spent on the dreary mental state Walter was in due to his terminal illness. WAAAAY too much I can’t empathise that enough. The producers also included too many scenes letting us know without a shadow of a doubt what a good for nothing loser Pinkman was. When all of that coul’ve been neatly tied up in about a third of screen time they decided on. It took me 3 goes to sit through some standalone episodes; that’s how painful and a drag of an experience it was at times.

There were some moments of tension but for the most part it took forever and a day to get anywhere meaningful so much so that I gave up on the show for a few months after watching the first 3 or 4 eps. I only came back to give the show a second chance because some of the reviews and highlights of the 2nd season piqued my interest which I’m glad I did since the 2nd season storyline was a huge improvement over the main story arc in S01.

BCS on the other it’s more up my alley. Other than the Alpine Shepherd Boy (aka Jello) which was again a terribly pedestrian boring episode reminiscent of S01 of BrBa, the writing and character development has held my interest and hasn’t dragged over pointless filler like BrBa did in S01.

If you liked Breaking Bad

and you liked the characters MIKE ....SAUL.....

then watch EPISODE 9 of BetterCallSaul

IF you are STILL not convinced that this is on par with Breaking Bad, then i have no pity for you and you should just throw away your remote control and comfy pillow

If you liked Breaking Bad

and you liked the characters MIKE ....SAUL.....

then watch EPISODE 9 of BetterCallSaul

IF you are STILL not convinced that this is on par with Breaking Bad, then i have no pity for you and you should just throw away your remote control and comfy pillow

Solely based on what's been served in their respective first seasons BCS has already surpassed BrBa. Like I previously said I never really cared for BrBa S01, it was such a chore to get through it.

I thought that is was mostly depressing, bleak, boring and tedious television. About the only thing that it had going for it was its potential which to their creators credit it delivered in spades in the subsequent seasons.

That was a good episode,I felt so sorry for poor Saul as he figured out that his brother had betrayed him.
Mike...awesome as always

The first season of BrBa was terribly dull, depressing and slow. IMO too much time was spent on the dreary mental state Walter was in due to his terminal illness. WAAAAY too much I can’t empathise that enough. The producers also included too many scenes letting us know without a shadow of a doubt what a good for nothing loser Pinkman was. When all of that coul’ve been neatly tied up in about a third of screen time they decided on. It took me 3 goes to sit through some standalone episodes; that’s how painful and a drag of an experience it was at times.

There were some moments of tension but for the most part it took forever and a day to get anywhere meaningful so much so that I gave up on the show for a few months after watching the first 3 or 4 eps. I only came back to give the show a second chance because some of the reviews and highlights of the 2nd season piqued my interest which I’m glad I did since the 2nd season storyline was a huge improvement over the main story arc in S01.

BCS on the other it’s more up my alley. Other than the Alpine Shepherd Boy (aka Jello) which was again a terribly pedestrian boring episode reminiscent of S01 of BrBa, the writing and character development has held my interest and hasn’t dragged over pointless filler like BrBa did in S01.
Agree 100%.

Back