Skip to main content

best big brother format in the world

G

gracielivit

so tell me what is your favourite countries big brother and why

for example: i like big brother uk the best because....

or big brother germany is my favourite because....

i personally like bbuk the best because i love their accents and it's similar to the old old bb australia

What are your thoughts?

I like the BBUK version too. I love the fact that it is so simple in many respects. Unlike the original Australian version there are no prizes for the evictees. The hype is far less than the Australian version too. Howevr, on thing i cannot stand is the voice over - it i as if they think that the audience is moronic - we can see where people are and who tey are and do not need to be told. I was also shocked at the Conor situation (grrrrr, that word) and his calmly getting away with abusive behaviour and half the money.

The forums in UK and the lack of them now in Australia is a reall turn off. They were such fun when the Australian version was on 10. They also showed that BB had a fairly articulate and thoughtful audience.

I like the UK version but it is not without it's downfalls... I think the US has the best basic format for the show which is why it stands as the longest running English version of the show... Up until recently the format has been fairly rigid and rarely deviates from the basic game structure... It does however make it extremely difficult to do anything really exciting...

BB had the biggest highs but has now hit the lowest lows. I'm a huge fan of the BBUSA format and I really hope the Canadian producers actually take their opportunity and have the balls to shake it up a bit when BB Canada launches next year using the basic BBUSA format as I firmly believe without Grodner holding it back BBUSA could shake up their game in the way BBUK did from BB5-BB7. So far BBUSA's twists have all pretty much been within the rule book (other than Coup d'Etat I guess), but it wasn't until BBUK allowed itself to tear up the rule book it became something special.

The hybrid BB Brazil format though is probably my favourite - has the gameplaying competition aspect of BBUSA and the public popularity aspect of the show around the world.

Back