Skip to main content

BBUK: Secrets & Lies House revealed

The pictures of the house look amazing. Great to see a brand new house that has never been seen before.

I agree it's nice to see a new layout as the last 3 have all been very similar... That being said the house has a very BB2 feel to it... It's also interesting to see that it looks like they've cut down the number of two way mirrors... The wall behind what looks like the kitchen island only one of the mirrors looks like it could have a camera behind it...

52013.JPG

Put this in a new thread.

Probably pointing out the obvious but worth noting the tree house is actually an outdoor bathroom. The bedroom is directly opposite it, where traditionally the main living area is. The main living area now appears to have been move from the centre of the house to the side, with the lounge where the bedroom was last year. And that means there is plenty of room on the other side of the house for secret rooms etc. - indeed I suspect those double blue doors at the foot of the stairs probably lead somewhere. It'll be interesting to see actually if the lounge is in a separate room to the kitchen/dining area as that makes it easy for them to lock the HMs in there on eviction night when newbies (or evictees) are sent to a secret area.

And agree I do miss having more than one bedroom - and having two is the easiest way to create manufacture and exploit a divide in the house. It's a bit predictable when it is simply boys vs girls, but they can avoid that by not having equal numbers of beds in each room or by making one room much nicer than the other.

Put this in a new thread.

Probably pointing out the obvious but worth noting the tree house is actually an outdoor bathroom. The bedroom is directly opposite it, where traditionally the main living area is. The main living area now appears to have been move from the centre of the house to the side, with the lounge where the bedroom was last year. And that means there is plenty of room on the other side of the house for secret rooms etc. - indeed I suspect those double blue doors at the foot of the stairs probably lead somewhere. It'll be interesting to see actually if the lounge is in a separate room to the kitchen/dining area as that makes it easy for them to lock the HMs in there on eviction night when newbies (or evictees) are sent to a secret area.

And agree I do miss having more than one bedroom - and having two is the easiest way to create manufacture and exploit a divide in the house. It's a bit predictable when it is simply boys vs girls, but they can avoid that by not having equal numbers of beds in each room or by making one room much nicer than the other.

I hate when the house is two waring factions and has nothing to do with wanting there to be more than one bedroom... It's more about space... I've noticed over the last few series that the HM's get sick of each other faster because they basically feel like they are constantly on top of each other... Adding another bedroom or two is a way for the HM's to escape each other and rather than drive them apart might actually bring them together, which is something we haven't seen in quite a while actually...

awww I'm lovin it! I especially LOVE the staircase. And I like the old things like the filing cabinets in the kitchen. It's a pity they have to put grubby untidy housemates into it.

I'm intrigued by the red door at the top of the stairs... And why they've included seating up there...

I'm intrigued by the red door at the top of the stairs... And why they've included seating up there...

Took the words out of my mouth.

Some of those doors actually look like they lead somewhere.

I think this years house is really cool and I like the idea of pumping water and generating electricity for hairdryers etc but the diary room looks uncomfortable.

Took the words out of my mouth.

Some of those doors actually look like they lead somewhere.

I think this years house is really cool and I like the idea of pumping water and generating electricity for hairdryers etc but the diary room looks uncomfortable.

One of the doors it the DR, isn't it? Maybe the seating is the "waiting area" for the DR?

They've changed the face of the door but it is in fact the DR... I guess the seating in the virtual tour has been removed and was only placed there to sell more Very.com stuff...
[MENTION=34161]hoopz[/MENTION] Emma says during the house tour that some of the doors do lead somewhere and that maybe the suitcases in the bedroom might also contain things...

I find the paranoia this year interesting in a way... People may be on to Micheal but everyone is second guessing everything...

My thoughts on nominations:

Out of the three nominees I hope Gina stays... TBH I think she has the most to gain from being there... Dexter is just a twat and I really haven't liked anything he's had to say so far... Sallie is just a vile creature... If another girl has to go first I hope it's her... There are enough strong female archetypes in there as is and I really don't find her entertaining...

Dan in a way seems to be the alpha male of the house and the only one of boys that seems to be willing to speak up and have an opinion... The twins are just idiotic, I don't think I've really heard Callum say a word even on the feed since he got in there and Daley is still coming out of his shell... Personally I think the only reason Dexter is in there is to drum up new clients for his publicity business and he seems to be preoccupied with the way others see him... He was upset with Micheal's comments in the DR when discussing nominations saying he thought Micheal was a better judge of character... However I don't see how anything Dexter has done so far could have really changed anything...

I thought Gina absolutely slayed Jem in their little spat tonight and I found it funny that Jem tries to turn things around on Gina...

My last point is about the suitcases... I'm really getting tired of hearing about them... In particular Sallie, Jem, and the twins... As far as they know they've been shredded and destroyed... Get over it already...

Not happy at all with the 3 nominees. It was bound to happen considering they were the three with most of the air time but it is still disappointing. 3 of the more entertaining Housemates IMO.

That's it... I can't stand Wolfy... She had no reason to get upset at Dan over he's questioning her... If you don't want to share your life GTFO... #EndOf

I have noticed with Dan, he asks all the questions that we at home are asking as well...however I think he knew what Wolfy is like and perhaps should have just left it but that is Dan and Wolfy was more than happy to tell everyone her life story until people questioned her actions.

The whole crying and hating Dan episode was far too much and more attention seeking then anything. I have noticed Wolfy continues to align herself with the people that do bring attention to themselves. (Sallie and now Gina in a sense) ...does she feel the need to be involved with the drama to then have a reason to be upset and annoyed at people?

I felt for Jackie in Quarantine after Charlie made somewhat of a silly decision. I understand she wanted her mum to get out but she knew straight away that she wouldn't go ahead with the hair cutting. The challenge duration was perfect for me, not too short and not too long. Well done BBUK!

Loved the drama with Gina at the end stashing the drinks, bit selfish yes but quite entertaining and she ended up taking the punishment .

Dexter has also been very quiet as of late, is this to perhaps slip back under the radar to an extent as he is facing eviction or just not being caught up in the drama therefor not being aired?

I have noticed with Dan, he asks all the questions that we at home are asking as well...however I think he knew what Wolfy is like and perhaps should have just left it but that is Dan and Wolfy was more than happy to tell everyone her life story until people questioned her actions.

The whole crying and hating Dan episode was far too much and more attention seeking then anything. I have noticed Wolfy continues to align herself with the people that do bring attention to themselves. (Sallie and now Gina in a sense) ...does she feel the need to be involved with the drama to then have a reason to be upset and annoyed at people?

I felt for Jackie in Quarantine after Charlie made somewhat of a silly decision. I understand she wanted her mum to get out but she knew straight away that she wouldn't go ahead with the hair cutting. The challenge duration was perfect for me, not too short and not too long. Well done BBUK!

Loved the drama with Gina at the end stashing the drinks, bit selfish yes but quite entertaining and she ended up taking the punishment .

Dexter has also been very quiet as of late, is this to perhaps slip back under the radar to an extent as he is facing eviction or just not being caught up in the drama therefor not being aired?

Wolfy is surrounding herself with the likes of Gina and Sallie because they take the heat off of her and she can been seen as the peace maker... As for the Dan incident BB is an open forum and naturally people are going to be inquisitive especially if you are making statements as Wolfy was... Also take in to account that Dan did not come out until he was in his twenties...

I'm starting to like Dexter over the last few days... I think Jemima has been doing a great job of ensuring that she is the one to go... There has also been enough drama in the house, so I think Dexter is just waiting for the next opportunity to stir things up... It should be interesting to see if Dexter can survive another round of the public vote... He's clearly the floater of the house and is a dead certain for nomination...

Back