Skip to main content

BB US Season 19: Summer of Temptation

Cody coming back was good, but the house really don't want to play the game and this is the problem with BB compared to Survivor, this inflexibilty. Paul has got most of the house under his thrall and even if put up I'm not sure he'd be voted out at this point.

I don't think he would, but is that the houseguests not playing the game or Paul playing the game superbly. One thing you do see in BBUS is respect for the vets - and even though there is no public vote the newbies don't tend to go after them. Even in BB Can's latest series it was the vets getting each other out rather than the newbies targetting them.

Cody just seems to have zero emotion at all which is quite funny to watch - get the impression they could have started removing his limbs in that HoH comp and he still wouldn't have flinched. Josh on the other hand is the complete opposite and that's quite refreshing to see in BBUS, even if an emotional game gets you know where.

Still don't understand how Jess got the Halting Hex though.

Jessica went from one of the most unpopular houseguests to the most popular (or the best option) within a week after Cody left and won the public vote for the temptation. Now that Codys back and she's HOH and kinda screwing it up little does she realize, she's slipped back to midpack and if there was another one on the horizon {its over) Kevin would probably win it.

BTW Raven's family are big time scammers and she is NOT dying of any disease though she spends most of her time inside the house talking about it.

http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/131874/m-dying-m-dying-m-dying-Ravens-Deathwatch-kill

So the twist which absolutely 100% would not have been revealed had the final temptation not been taken was the Temptation Comp, which conveniently fills the slot in the Sunday night show the Den of Temptation was supposed to take and is basically a comp HGs can opt to play in to compete for safety - but with the consequence of the loser of the comp being the 3rd nominee.

The producers have openly talked over the last couple of years about needing a hook for the Sunday show and hence trying things like the Battle of the Block, Roadkill and this year the Den of Temptation and now the Temptation Comp. Personally I think the Roadkill actually worked last year and should have been given more of a chance. The idea of the Den of Temptation was good too but executed quite poorly and dropped too early. Although this new element has now been introduced the temptation element seems to be vanishing from the show - they've not bothered showing the Have Nots at all since week 1 (really don't know why they still have them!). Jess has probably now ruined the Halting Hex with her announcement at the last eviction too.

It is crazy how much they are letting Paul dominate, but nobody else is stepping up with a decent strategy. I think Jess could have been a contender, but has been tainted by the Cody relationship. It is a shame...

Its all a bit ....meh...

Although Cody's serial killer Electric Chair diary room moments are amusing.... that guy needs some personality...

I don't think he would, but is that the houseguests not playing the game or Paul playing the game superbly. One thing you do see in BBUS is respect for the vets - and even though there is no public vote the newbies don't tend to go after them. Even in BB Can's latest series it was the vets getting each other out rather than the newbies targetting them.

Cody just seems to have zero emotion at all which is quite funny to watch - get the impression they could have started removing his limbs in that HoH comp and he still wouldn't have flinched. Josh on the other hand is the complete opposite and that's quite refreshing to see in BBUS, even if an emotional game gets you know where.

Josh is horrendous, literately a puppet of Paul, just doing dirty work for him.

Jess got it because she is an underdog, is good in comps and is loyal. The behaviour of the others to her and Cody will extend her popularity. And it was a good move revealing the hex because it gave her an outside chance that she might not get put up.

There's no doubt they put some in the house who are fans of vets they put in, or are frightened of whatever rigging will be done to favour them. Of course without the guaranteed Paul vote win (because of his existing fanbase) for the opening twist he would have been sent home already.

I'm enjoying this season quite a lot, one of the best we've had in years.

I don't think these newbies are as much in Paul's thrall as some might think. They like him, respect his game play, are enjoying his showmanship, being entertained by it and letting him go after the big targets. He is quite an effective shield for them and their more timid personalities, they know when it comes to the end they decide the winner, isn't like the viewers do the voting.

My favorites are Kevin and Jason, who do want Paul to the end with them, I'm all right with that. They keep dragging Alex with them and I'm not a fan of hers but hopefully when the target hits their group she will go, Jessica sure wants her out. lol

The season needs Paul, Cody and Jessica out ASAP. It's never good in any version of Big Brother when it's dominated by an individual or a couple of people and the last fortnight has been the Jody and Paul show and been tedius as fuck. Jess has also completely ruined the Hex twist by revealing it early - would have probably been a notable moment in the history of the show had she kept it quiet until the eviction itself.

Similarly though as Paul knew about it I don't get why he didn't play Jessica and pull her off the block to add pressure not to use it - putting Josh up again, or even Alex, and convincing Jess she had the votes so Cody wouldn't go, then blindsiding her would have been the move of a good player.

No should did not ruin the hex at all, she wanted to use it as a bargaining tool. I really don't think she was ever not going to use it, but they need to create tension in the HLs. And Paul would have happily blindsided her, I've no doubt she was aware of that too. The problem in this season has been Paul and the sheep who literally do whatever he commands. It's the psychological aspect of mob mentality. They play it down on the HLs but they could have shown far worse.

As much of a game BBUSA is as you alude to starry the latest episode was one of the most psychologically interesting episodes of Big Brother I've seen in a long time as the sheep follow their self proclaimed leader. Josh being HoH should be an opportunity for the season to revive itself (the last week wasn't just a dud for Paul!) but sadly as he is clearly Paul's puppet and being manipulated by him not just in terms of gameplay but also how he behaves we're just back to square one. The only thing that could potentially mix things up this week is the Temptation Comp, but suspect it'll be another week of just voting out Cody. I don't think anyone wants to be with him in jury - including Cody himself!

As much of a game BBUSA is as you alude to starry the latest episode was one of the most psychologically interesting episodes of Big Brother I've seen in a long time as the sheep follow their self proclaimed leader. Josh being HoH should be an opportunity for the season to revive itself (the last week wasn't just a dud for Paul!) but sadly as he is clearly Paul's puppet and being manipulated by him not just in terms of gameplay but also how he behaves we're just back to square one. The only thing that could potentially mix things up this week is the Temptation Comp, but suspect it'll be another week of just voting out Cody. I don't think anyone wants to be with him in jury - including Cody himself!

Isn't that the whole point of big brother though? To see how people react when put into that environment,most people follow a leader and Cody tried to be that leader and it failed,Paul at least gives the illusion to his followers that he is including them.

Isn't that the whole point of big brother though? To see how people react when put into that environment,most people follow a leader and Cody tried to be that leader and it failed,Paul at least gives the illusion to his followers that he is including them.

You're right but the sad thing is that is it has dominated so much too much of a the storyline over the last few weeks... This is a solid cast and it's too bad to see Paul dominate most of the game play... Followed by Jess and Cody...

You're right but the sad thing is that is it has dominated so much too much of a the storyline over the last few weeks... This is a solid cast and it's too bad to see Paul dominate most of the game play... Followed by Jess and Cody...
Exactly, though it is at least somewhat acknowledged by the producers now and there is definately an undercurrent beginning to emerge of people who don't want to play to Paul's tune - but they're still not willing to do anything about it. It seems likely he'll get his way this week and Jess will probably go. I'd imagine they'll be a double next week (usually is first week of jury) so Cody is almost certainly a goner so maybe that will kick the season into gear once the common enemy is gone.

Well, I've been watching the show with my mom, and here are our thoughts on it.

Mom: She likes Cody because of his honesty, can't stand Josh, thinks Paul is a snake, and the house is full of idiots.
Me: I hate Cody, but am starting to see more of myself in him. I think Paul is playing a great game, and the rest of the HGs are idiots.

Good on Josh for playing his own game and picking Mark and Elena. Raven's going to be an excellent pawn, and hopefully, Jess goes home this week.

Do you hate yourself then?

Idiocy has ruined this series - Paul is running the show every single week and it's just made it a dullfest - even the producers are clearly tiring of it by removing what had become an annual Jury returning comp just to stop yet another week being wasted. Although I agree he's playing a good game the series can only reset itself by losing Paul. Could do with someone doing a Sindy on him in the double eviction but it won't happen.

Jess really frustrated me this week too - the opportunity really was there to make a deal and secure her place in the house (both pre and post nominations) but she just threw it away.

The house all throwing away their game though to gift Paul the $500k - really is in nobodies favour perhaps other than Josh to get Cody out this week but that'll remain the aim until Paul says otherwise.

Back