Skip to main content

Australian Survivor Renewed, casting open

Brekkie

Staff member
Great news - Australian Survivor has been renewed and casting is now open.

A no brainer really for Ten - might not have been a huge breakout hit but it's been solid, received well and performed brilliantly in the demos, so makes much more sense to try and build on that rather than just throw something else on screen next year and hope it does better.

It's also possibly good news for Big Brother as I don't think I'm a Celeb and Survivor will co-exist on the same channel for long, so maybe a couple of years down the line Ten will look to drop one (probably the former) and look for something similar but different which could take it's slot.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/10/renewed-australian-survivor.html

I was curious about the application process considering all of the viewer feedback for this season, so I went through all of the screens LOL. Check out the list of over 100 questions:

RELATIONSHIP
If you are in a relationship, how long have you been together?
What is your partner's name and what do they do for a living
Where did you both meet
What is the best and worst thing about them
What do they think about you applying for Survivor?
Have you ever had any relationships about which you were ashamed?

FAMILY
What are your parents names and professions?
Tell us about your parents when growing up and what they taught you?
Do you have any siblings, if so, please list their names and ages?
Are you close to your family?
Describe your childhood
What was the one moment that stood out to you growing up?

HABITS
Do you have mood swings?
What makes you happy?
What makes you angry?
When did you last lose your temper?
What's the most dangerous thing you have ever done?
What do you do for fun?
What is your best and worst physical feature?
When did you last get embarrassed?
What are your good qualities?
What are your bad qualities?
How would your friends describe you?
What's your attitude to monogamy and fidelity?
Have you ever been unfaithful?
What habits about others make you mad?
Do you have enemies? Who and why?
Do you have any phobias?
What is your attitude to alternative medicine?
Do you believe in God or another religion? Which one?
What is your attitude to people who have an entirely different religion?
Do you try to convince them to convert to yours?
Describe an event that changed your life?
What, if anything, is your biggest regret?
If you were given three wishes what would they be?
Do you take part in any charitable activities?
What laws in your country do you think should be changed?
What's your biggest fear?
What activity gives you the most pleasure?
When did you last feel lonely?
What do you do when someone shouts at you?
Would you like a career in the media spotlight?
Do you like your job?
What would be your dream job?
What talents do you feel aren't being exploited in your current job?
What would you like the sign on your gravestone to read?
What do you think it will read?
What would you do if you had a super power to do anything?
What do you think the difference is between the older generation and the younger generation?
When was the last argument you had and what was it about?
Do you have a wide circle of friends?
What do other people find funny that you do not?

HEALTH
Are you in good physical condition?
Do you exercise? How often? What do you do?
What sports do you take part in?
In sport, what do you do when you lose?
What other things beside sport make you feel good?
Do you smoke?
If yes, how much?
Do you want to give up? How many times have you tried? What stopped you?
How much alcohol do you drink if at all?
Have you tried drugs? What did you think? What do you think about them now?
Do you suffer from a mental illness?
Have you ever had an operation?
Have you any medical condition?
Are you taking any medication? If so, please list all medications?
Are you prepared to take a medical examination if required?
Have you ever visited a therapist or seeing one currently? If so, when and what for?
Are you prepared to take a psychological test?
Do you have any skeletons in your closet, e.g. jilted lovers, sex tapes, unauthorised photos? If so, please tell us what they are…
Do you have any allergies, if so, what are they?

GENERAL
What famous person would you like to meet and why?
Who are your heroes?
How much have you travelled?
What is your favourite place and why?
What do you like and dislike about travelling?
Do you have a pet? If so, what kind and what’s its name?
Do you like animals?
What animals do you dislike?

LEGAL

Have you got a criminal record, if so, please tell us when and what for
Do you have a current drivers licence, if no, why not?
Do you have any skeletons in your closet, eg. Jilted lovers, sex tapes etc?
If so please tell us what they are.
Do you have a current passport?
Have you ever applied for a TV show? If Yes what stage did you get to in the process?
Have you ever appeared on a TV show? If yes which ones?
Please list your social media accounts. Eg. Facebook/Twitter/Instagram etc

SURVIVOR
If you do get onto Survivor and win, what would you do with the prize money?
If you made it onto the island how would you be perceived by the other tribe members?
What will you add to the island?
What thing/person would you miss the most?
What rewards would you most like on the island?
What one item would you take with you? (Not survival equipment!)
What sort of people wouldn't you like on the island?
On a scale from 1 – 10, 10 been the best, how good a swimmer are you?
If you are successful and progress through to the audition stage. Which would be your preferred state to audition in.

STRATEGY
What would make you the best "Survivor"?
Why are you applying for the show?
Why should we pick you?
Have you ever watched any of the Survivor series from around the world? If so, which ones?
How did you hear about applications?
Is there anyone else you know who is applying?
Would you say your biggest strength would be physical, social or mental in the game of survivor?
Did you apply for the first series of Australian Survivor?
If yes, what stage did you get to?
Apart from the challenge, what is your main motivation for applying to be on Australian Survivor?
What has been the toughest challenge you have faced in your life?
Would you say your strategy in Survivor would be that of a Hero or a Villain and why.
Where do your moral boundaries lie in the game of Survivor?

EDIT: Plus the Terms & Conditions Here

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news - Australian Survivor has been renewed and casting is now open.

A no brainer really for Ten - might not have been a huge breakout hit but it's been solid, received well and performed brilliantly in the demos, so makes much more sense to try and build on that rather than just throw something else on screen next year and hope it does better.

It's also possibly good news for Big Brother as I don't think I'm a Celeb and Survivor will co-exist on the same channel for long, so maybe a couple of years down the line Ten will look to drop one (probably the former) and look for something similar but different which could take it's slot.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/10/renewed-australian-survivor.html

...I'll give Channel 10 one thing Brekkie... out of ALL of the commercial mainstream Channels... Channel 10 ALWAYS stand by their shows that they first debut and continue to keep building them up into the great ratings winning shows that they eventually become... (Masterchef being just one such example}... I have no doubt that next seasons Survivor will be nothing short of spectacular after this opening attempt for sure... in all the years that Survivor has been on overseas I for one had never seen any of the series before... I watched this Aussie version after some others on here talked me into watching it and I'm hooked big time (just look at the 'Photoshop' thread to see how much)... lol... I'm as stoked watching this as much as if Big Brother was on Channel 10 right now and that's saying something lol!...

...as far as me auditioning for Survivor... apart from my age (63) and the fact that I've had 2 strokes and hobble with a slight limp when I try to run... why not?... NAH!... just kidding... I wouldn't audition for it for one main reason... I'd be worried about what people like me would do to me in a Photoshop thread that's why lol!...

...but believe it or not... I'd possibly audition for 'Big Brother' if Channel 10 picked up the rights for the show and would take my chances with the Photoshoppers maybe?... hahahahahaha!... I would annoy the shit out of people in the house believe me... I'm that annoying prankster type of old fart that teases people all of the time and would probably be the first one unanimously voted out lol!... but what the hell... I'd probably audition for it for the shit stir value alone lol!... cheers.

The connection seems much stronger with the viewers with Survivor, whilst people just seem to watch I'm a Celeb but aren't anywhere near as much into it.

Exactly. This applies to the general public and us die-hard reality fans. I watch a ton of shows, but one comment per episode sums up everything I need to say about The Block, and even less for something like X Factor. I'm A Celebrity offers a bit more to comment on, but certainly not the ten-plus pages per episode that Australian Survivor inspires.

Do they really think people will list stuff like sex tapes on an application? Really? What a hoot it would be to get to read all the dirt people put down.
That application looks exhausting but I bet the tape is the main thing if you haven't got some crazy criminal history or disqualifying medical illness.

I bet all the contestants have extensive psychological and medical checkups before they go anyway.

I hope people from here apply. I could never endure living like that, no shower or toothbrush, but for people who can, I would apply, you have nothing to lose.

It's basically an extended camping holiday isn't it. The only surviving you have to do really is in the game - apart from setting up your shelter and maintaining a fire the producers essentially provide you with the provisions to live on, however unappealing and minimal they may be.

Reactions: kxk
It's basically an extended camping holiday isn't it. The only surviving you have to do really is in the game - apart from setting up your shelter and maintaining a fire the producers essentially provide you with the provisions to live on
Yes, it was very telling that after 50 days or more, some of them had lost no weight at all, and others just a few kilos. There must be an endless supply of rice and beans.

Actually they weren't even complaining about the rice and beans or being hungry in the latter part of the show, so I wonder what exactly they were eating. They didn't seem to spend any time seriously trying to catch fish (throwing a net at some piddling tiny goldfish doesn't count). And that chicken they boiled up (yuk! couldn't they roast it on the fire?) - was that one of their chooks or a pre-packed/pre-plucked one provided by producers?

So to bring this back on topic, I wouldn't worry about being hungry on AU Survivor. It's definitely not as brutal as the US one in that regard.

Yes, it was very telling that after 50 days or more, some of them had lost no weight at all, and others just a few kilos. There must be an endless supply of rice and beans.

Actually they weren't even complaining about the rice and beans or being hungry in the latter part of the show, so I wonder what exactly they were eating. They didn't seem to spend any time seriously trying to catch fish (throwing a net at some piddling tiny goldfish doesn't count). And that chicken they boiled up (yuk! couldn't they roast it on the fire?) - was that one of their chooks or a pre-packed/pre-plucked one provided by producers?

So to bring this back on topic, I wouldn't worry about being hungry on AU Survivor. It's definitely not as brutal as the US one in that regard.
I wondered why on earth they boiled the chook. I don't think they had many options for cooking things other than the pot though. It was a supplied one, not Chester and friend. I saw them walking around just before they left camp for the last time.

I think they were eating provided rice and beans but they did seem to have a lot of food.

Actually they weren't even complaining about the rice and beans or being hungry in the latter part of the show, so I wonder what exactly they were eating.
They probably stopped off at a McDonalds drive through on their way back from tribal council.

Back