Skip to main content

Australian Survivor Ratings

Sad to see the numbers for survivor. It's been an action packed season.

Having said that I don't see it going anywhere CBS will keep it around and try to improve the ratings.

A few years ago I was into checking the ratings of my fav tv shows. Has Ten managed to secure that 3rd place spot? Or does the ABC still regularly beat them?

Ten, or WIN as it is apparently called according to my television, seems to be having a bit of a battle for that third spot with ABC. Sometimes they win a week, and sometimes they lose a week. But it never seems to be more than a cat's whisker.

I guess when you cater your programming to an age group that has numerous streaming services at their fingers tips you shouldn't be shocked when you struggle in the ratings.

Good grief, Survivor slipped below 600k again on Tuesday, not great leading into its final week:

The Block: 1,344,000
Survivor: 595,000

Ka3pRVo.jpg

Finally a lift for Survivor as it goes into finals week, gaining its highest audience since episode 2.

Sunday

Survivor: 644,000
The Block: 1,571,000

Finally a lift for Survivor as it goes into finals week, gaining its highest audience since episode 2.

Sunday

Survivor: 644,000
The Block: 1,571,000

It went even higher when adjusted for the Bathurst overrun. Its final adjusted figure was 666k.

Reactions: kxk
It went even higher when adjusted for the Bathurst overrun. Its final adjusted figure was 666k.
even better, cheers.

And even out-rates the season launch show lol. Good for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: kxk
Monday:

Survivor: 669,000
The Block: 1,387,000

Interesting that HYBPA drew 760k right after Survivor though.

Here are Tuesday's results:

The Block: 1,192,000
Survivor Finale: 720,000
Survivor Winner Announced: 787,000
Survivor Reunion: 508,000

Reunion numbers dropped off a cliff but it was a school night.

Graph to follow to wrap up the season.

Here we go:

qwxs13i.jpg

Average audience for Survivor was about 615k, down from 692k in 2016. But, as can be seen from the graph, the audience was very loyal right throughout the season.

Here are Tuesday's results:

The Block: 1,192,000
Survivor Finale: 720,000
Survivor Winner Announced: 787,000
Survivor Reunion: 508,000

Reunion numbers dropped off a cliff but it was a school night.

Graph to follow to wrap up the season.

I watched it all but was wanting to stop during the reunion. Too boring. I hope they don't bring that part of the show back next year.

The reunion can be interesting, but this one wasn't particularly. Maybe they didn't ask the right people the right questions. I would have liked to have heard more from Tessa, AK and Jarrad, and less (or actually nothing) from Henry, Mark and Samantha. They think we're interested in the "couples", and even tried to make Henry & Jacqui seem like one.

I watched it all but was wanting to stop during the reunion. Too boring. I hope they don't bring that part of the show back next year.
It did feel like JLP wanted input from every single person. They need to make it snappier and focus on the most interesting players/characters.

The bit where Kristie said she was proud of them was completely weird.

The Champions v Contenders launch pulled 716,000 viewers and topped the demos, an improvement on the 639,000 season launch in 2017, which in turn compares to 783,000 in 2016. I think it did better this time than last, because some of the Champions (even Russell) have pulled in a bigger audience.

I'll graph this season, but I'm not going to plot it against the Block any more. Because I really don't care. Do U? :D

Back