Skip to main content

Australian Survivor Ratings

I've heard this as well and I see through his "lovable blokey larrikin" act. I also suspect he's a homophobe and that's why there hasn't been a gay male couple on the show ever since it returned with him as host (as opposed to Jamie Durie). I may be wrong but that has been my gut feeling for a long time. I bet he's voting No.

Let's test that theory:

9 is entirely sexist & homophobic isn't it?
Anyone that isn't macho sportsy is shit according to 9.

Is there even a single gay identity, or powerful woman on 9? Nuh.

I avoid 9 it is offensive to women, and has shit shows

So at this point last year, the ratings started to trend up (or be it slightly), will be interesting to see if this happens again this year.

The reviewer in the Adelaide Sunday Mail today said they haven't been following every episode, but is hooked now it's down to less people. Hopefully more people think along the same lines. Plus it's a weak viewing night (imo) on the other channels, with only The Block, half of Little Big Shots and Sunday Night up against it.

The reviewer in the Adelaide Sunday Mail today said they haven't been following every episode, but is hooked now it's down to less people. Hopefully more people think along the same lines. Plus it's a weak viewing night (imo) on the other channels, with only The Block, half of Little Big Shots and Sunday Night up against it.

It got 570k again last night. Looks like it will be stuck at that number for the rest of the season. It might get a minor boost to around 650k for the finale but thats still very poor. I am starting to think that it might not come back next season.

Only its good performance in the demos can save it.

I am starting to think that it might not come back next season.
It's still one of Ten's better performers. If they can it, then what could they replace it with that would do better?

Maybe CBS could combine the AU Survivor shoot with their back-to-back US tapings and utilise the crew already on the ground in future? i.e. tape two US seasons and an AU one, all in Fiji (or wherever they go next). Would save a few dollars.

Anyway yes:

The Block: 1,395,000
Survivor: 570,000

Meh.

It got 570k again last night. Looks like it will be stuck at that number for the rest of the season. It might get a minor boost to around 650k for the finale but thats still very poor. I am starting to think that it might not come back next season.

Only its good performance in the demos can save it.

Might go down tonight. The Brownlow is on.

So, guess what? I managed to retrieve my spreadsheet (and also noticed it was missing data for 28 August, but don't tell anyone as it's fixed now).

You can see Survivor trending up a smidge, just as it did for the final seven or so episodes last year.

t2VfRTQ.jpg

Good news for Survivor fans even if the ratings may not be as desired. It appears that CBS, home of US Survivor is buying 10 and its not one of the shows reported on the chopping block. If anyone knows how to make and keep Survivor a hit its them.

Hope Im not getting to the party late and everyone else knows...sort of like showing up by mistake in a clown costume to a fancy dress party.

Well I was pleased yesterday to see Survivor wasn't on the list of shows on the chopping block like The Biggest Loser and Shark Tank. No news is good news!

Back