Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor: Blood v Water Ep 4

She was apparently paid a lot of money to be on the show, producers probably didn’t want to waste a huge payment on someone 4th out. This pretty much just confirms to me that they pick and choose when to exercise this twist. It’s never been done as early as episode 4.
Who? Sophie/Velma? Why?

Is this a little bit of tall poppy syndrome? I don’t think they’ve come across as too obnoxious (at least not yet). But a little bit of confidence and they need to be knocked down a peg or two?
…my opinion of these two is basically is a carryover of their previous behaviour in their other season mainly bleachy… but watching them carrying on with their ‘tough talk’ in this season is not exactly washing with me now either I’m afraid… cheers.

…my opinion of these two is basically is a carryover of their previous behaviour in their other season mainly bleachy… but watching them carrying on with their ‘tough talk’ in this season is not exactly washing with me now either I’m afraid… cheers.
Fair enough. My memory is not that good.

So the drama of another blindslide upstaged yet again by the producers always needing two fake eliminations each season. Would rather they get them out of the way early on though. Suspect the second will be the usual two people in a run getting exiled and one coming back.

So the drama of another blindslide upstaged yet again by the producers always needing two fake eliminations each season. Would rather they get them out of the way early on though. Suspect the second will be the usual two people in a run getting exiled and one coming back.
Is the prize money in Aus$ or US$ and the same for everybody, or will Sandra if she wins get the US$. Can't understand why they are not targetting her. 2 episodes ago most of them voted for Dave, not a vote since?? My faves are Sam and Mark

She'll just get the equivalent in Aussie dollars. Not sure how the tax situation plays out for an American winning money in Australia. Indeed what's the situation in Australia now in that regards - from memory I think winnings used to be taxed but sometimes on Big Brother they would pay the prize tax free, meaning I guess they paid out more than the stated prize to cover the taxes.

She'll just get the equivalent in Aussie dollars. Not sure how the tax situation plays out for an American winning money in Australia. Indeed what's the situation in Australia now in that regards - from memory I think winnings used to be taxed but sometimes on Big Brother they would pay the prize tax free, meaning I guess they paid out more than the stated prize to cover the taxes.
All prize money in Australia is tax free, but Sandra would have to pay tax on it (in the US) as she's a US resident bound by US tax rules.

Back