Skip to main content

Australian Survivor: Articles

Poor 10 ...the dirty press should be ashamed...they are paid by 9 & 7 to rubbish 10, and ABC & SBS mercilessly

Dirty scum we have in media, not long ago they did a crappy piece picking on 10 & ABC shows, shows that rate and win awards, like HYBPA, Gogglebox, etc...Whovians was another.

But never a word against that utter garbage now AIMED at kids, the stinky BLOCK

SURVIVOR is saintly compared to what 7 & 9 produce
Throwing stones at the Bachelor, when they produce MAFS and swinger shows

Poor 10 ...the dirty press should be ashamed...they are paid by 9 & 7 to rubbish 10, and ABC & SBS mercilessly

Dirty scum we have in media, not long ago they did a crappy piece picking on 10 & ABC shows, shows that rate and win awards, like HYBPA, Gogglebox, etc...Whovians was another.

But never a word against that utter garbage now AIMED at kids, the stinky BLOCK

SURVIVOR is saintly compared to what 7 & 9 produce
Throwing stones at the Bachelor, when they produce MAFS and swinger shows

...that's why I hate Channels 7 and 9 so much kxk... they have no shame when it comes to dirty tactics like that and those media people that pander to their whims and publish scathing attacks on Channels 10/ABC and SBS at their behest are even lower forms of life for doing so... I hate those scumbags... they shamelessly criticise shows in publications just to be more controversial than their rivals in other magazines and to get kick-backs from those Channels... they are not fans of the shows at all...

...whereas within these forums us fans of the shows criticise the hell out of the shows in the vain hope that the Channels are secretly reading these threads so that they'll take real heed of the faults in their shows and will improve upon the show the next season... there is a big difference... they criticise it to get a kick-back and make a name for themselves... we do it because of the love for our shows... they are scumbags... we are devoted critics... every one of them needs a silver bullet between their eyes (in my opinion anyway)... cheers.

...that's why I hate Channels 7 and 9 so much kxk... they have no shame when it comes to dirty tactics like that and those media people that pander to their whims and publish scathing attacks on Channels 10/ABC and SBS at their behest are even lower forms of life for doing so... I hate those scumbags... they shamelessly criticise shows in publications just to be more controversial than their rivals in other magazines and to get kick-backs from those Channels... they are not fans of the shows at all...

...whereas within these forums us fans of the shows criticise the hell out of the shows in the vain hope that the Channels are secretly reading these threads so that they'll take real heed of the faults in their shows and will improve upon the show the next season... there is a big difference... they criticise it to get a kick-back and make a name for themselves... we do it because of the love for our shows... they are scumbags... we are devoted critics... every one of them needs a silver bullet between their eyes (in my opinion anyway)... cheers.
I blame the Murdoch press. Hate them.

Copy of the article^

Australian Survivor contest suffered broken arm on the show and was later diagnosed with cancer
Luke Dennehy, News Corp Australia Network
August 21, 2017 9:17pm

Byron Bay marriage celebrant Jacqui Patterson broke her arm while on Australian Survivor, a break that may have ended up saving her life, as she now faces a cancer battle.

While getting a massage post surgery on her arm and shoulder back in Australia, after the extent of the injury wasn’t picked up during filming, a suspicious mole was spotted by her sister and a friend.

The mole turned out to be a stage four melanoma, and Patterson, 50, will undergo more surgery next Monday, with doctors then deciding what to do next.

f0fdea4f73fc7b522d98cce5c728e5da

Jacqui Patterson has been diagnosed with a diagnosed with a grade four melanoma. Picture: Nigel Wright
Patterson was booted out of Australian Survivor on Monday night, and admits her whole experience has been a roller coaster of ups and downs.

“I had a busted arm (during a challenge) which you didn’t see,” she said.

“That was a big part of my mental downfall as well.

“They misdiagnosed me while I was there, and I was in a fair amount of pain, and that didn’t help me going forward either.

“When I got home I got four screws in my shoulder, but there is a silver lining to it, it’s a blessing in disguise.

“My sister and friend were massaging me and they said I had a funny mole and I should get it checked out.

“Within a week I was diagnosed with a grade four melanoma, so that is my next big challenge now.”

Patterson said she is taking one day at a time, and taking in the last few months of her rollercoaster ride.

“Sometimes I just want to get off it, but I’m enjoying the ride and just going with the flow and keeping my chin up,” she said.

“I’m just rolling with the punches as they say.”

The arm injury happened while she was competing against Olympic water polo player Nicola “Ziggy” Zagame in a challenge.

“I fell quite badly, and they don’t have x rays and ultra sounds out there,” she said.

“It was pretty hard, but because my arm and shoulder were doing everything they probably normally do.

“I guess it’s the way the cookie crumbles.”

Patterson is confident she will beat her latest challenge — the melanoma diagnoses.

“It’s not a good one to have, but let’s just hope they have got it early enough,” she said.

“They are going to take some lymph nodes and mess my back up a bit, but let’s just get it out.”

A spokesperson from production company Endemol Shine Australia, who make Australian Survivor, said they took Patterson’s injury very seriously.

“Endemol Shine Australia takes the health and safety of our Survivor contestants very seriously,” a statement to News Corp said.

“Being involved in physical challenges and living in the Samoan jungle can mean contestants occasionally have injuries and doctors are always on standby.

“The contestants continue to be under our care on return if they have any ongoing injuries or require medical attention.”

d9e14dcabccf0d27be35be8bbc66708f

Patterson says she should have trusted her gut instinct on the show. Picture: Nigel Wright
As for Australian Survivor, in the end Patterson was voted out by her previously strong Asaga alliance, after her main man — Adelaide labourer Henry Nicholson, decided to swap to the rival Samatau tribe.

It dismantled the power couple, and Nicholson also took a hidden immunity idol along side him.

“I was gutted, I think the look on my face told it all,” she said.

“I was like, what the f..k are you doing?

“I just felt I was thrown under the bus straight away.

“We’ve discussed what happened post show, but at the time you can’t discuss it, and you don’t know the reasons behind it.

“I was pretty gutted.”

In the end the Asaga tribe turned on itself, with either Patterson or model Sarah Tilleke on the chopping block.

The big winners were Tara Pitt and Anneliese Wilson, who lived another day after getting voted off, and then switching tribes.

Patterson regrets not going with her gut, and trying to get the support of Pitt — who ended up voting for her — earlier.

“I had plenty of time to approach Tara, but I thought ‘she has had a pretty big couple of hours, I don't want to pounce on her’,” she said.

“But sometimes you can’t afford to wait in Survivor.

“I think the biggest thing is I should have done, is trust your gut.

“You have to go with your gut feeling in that because it’s right every time.”

Australian Survivor airs on Channel 10 on Sunday and Monday at 7.30pm.

Henry on That Controversial Survivor Tribe Swap
21 August, 2017 by ASHLING LEE

Henry-Nicholson-Survivor-2017-Interview.jpg

Image Source: Network Ten
Since day one, Henry's Survivor game has been quite literally, lit — you know, what with being a fake yoga instructor and consecutively eliminating his biggest threats in Asaga: Sam and Mark. Now, he's volunteered to be part of one of the biggest moves of the game: The Tribe swap. How one could choose to go from top of the tribe to the bottom of another really confuses me, but hey, that's why I'm not on Survivor and he is. And knowing Henry though, this move cannot simply be for the pure heck of things. We chatted to Henry to find out a little more about his motives — keep scrolling to read the interview.

POPSUGAR Australia: You've been quite the mover and shaker! How are you feeling about things at this point in the game?

Henry: Yeah, from day one I wanted to play the game. I came in with a fake profession to gain loyalty and trust in people. Sam might have kind of unveiled me, and that wasn't the sole reason why she had to go, but it allowed people to come to me and trust me. In [the Tribal Council where Mark left], I was pretty confident the idol didn't need to be played, and that was based off the relationships and alliances I'd built.

PS: Why did you put your hand up to swap tribes?

Henry: There were a couple of reasons. As it stands, I had 100 percent control at Asaga. I'd built great relationships with Jacqui, Kent, Sarah, Odette, even Ben and Michelle — so I had the vast majority, but zero control at Samatau. I knew it'd be powerful if I could go over there with Ben. I figured I had him as a shield and an idol, and I thought taking my physical abilities from Asaga and adding them to the likes of Locky and Ziggy, would really make us dominate challenges. I didn't think we'd head to Tribal much. So I figured, if I could get to the merge, put myself on the bottom and survive that, then I'd have information, alliances and relationships built both in Asaga and Samatau — and I'd be in the most powerful position in the game.

PS: Did you ever feel guilty leaving your alliance with Jacqui?

Henry: I remember when I left Jacqui seemed a bit upset and there wasn't much time for me to explain why I went over. Honestly, from day one I played the game for me and there's only going to be one winner in the end. Jericho mentioned that they wanted to keep Asaga strong, so straight away I thought, if we lose, I've got the idol, I've got Ben, I felt there would be more damage to Samatau by me jumping over and I'd be able to survive it as well. I figured I'd still have some allegiances with some people at Asaga.

PS: Who do you see now as your biggest threat?

Henry: To be honest, going into Samatau, I thought Locky and Ziggy were two threats in my game — both have a physical presence and good social games. So from an Asaga point of view, they were the two I saw as threats in my individual game. Working with them wasn't part of the plan, but I really bonded with Locky straight away and you take whatever you can to bond with someone when you're on the bottom. Locky and I got along straight away, so he was someone I wanted to work with, then I could start seeing where the strong alliances were formed at Samatau — AK, Jarrad, Tess and Peter.

PS: Are you worried that now you're going to have a target on your back? Samatau could tell that you were a massive physical asset to Asaga.

Henry: I thought it would work in my favour, to be honest. They'd just gone to Tribal after Tribal. You look over, Ziggy's a former waterpolo player and you've seen what Locky gives in challenges, so I figured, they're going to want me — there's going to be some desire to keep the strength until the merge. Let's be honest, the smartest move as a general player is to take the strength until you get to the merge, then you get rid of the threat. I don't want to do that because I want to be the only threat come the merge. But generally I figured, they're going to want Ben out first, then I've also got the idol just in case. I never wanted to use my physical attributes to win this game, but if I could use them strategically and add them to Samatau, then that would be a good move. But I never wanted to base my game around my physicality, I wanted my physicality to be part of my strategy.

PS: What's your moral compass going into the show?

Henry: That's a hard question. I'll do anything to win and I remember saying that one of the reasons why I came in as a yoga instructor is to play this game — you've got to be reminded that this is a game. So it's hard to say — I'm not going to put anyone in harm, be malicious or anything, but I'm happy to lie, throw challenges . . . Harm their game rather than harm the person.

PS: Have you actually been to a yoga class before?

Henry: I've been to one yoga class and bought a book — that was all the prep I did.

PS: You said that you and Jacqui had a mother-son relationship in camp. Was that true or something you said to tell the rest of the tribe?

Henry: It's half true. I don't think anyone will compare to my mum, because she's everything to me, but I did remind her of her son, I know that. She would always say how similar I was to her son. So she was always that mother figure, but nothing like my own mum back home. So it was true, and at the same time a good deflection to mark an argument.

PS: How do you maintain your hair?

Henry: It's tough out there! I remember there was a shot when Sam was drowning, it was me on the beach and the volume on it was incredible. It was the worst thing ever when I was looking at it! But at that stage, your hair is full of knots so I had to try and brush it — I made a hairbrush out of wood. It's hard to keep it clean and not knotted — there's always the option of it getting placid, which might happen down the track!

PS: What's the secret to a good man bun?

Henry: I think you want to put it a bit higher on the crown than right at the back. I like to have it coming out the top a bit when you're looking at someone face to face, rather than have it hanging down the back. Generally, I just whack it up and hope for the best.

Read more at https://www.popsugar.com.au/celebri...r-2017-Interview-43914231#Wqv0Px2iUPT3MrJ3.99

Don't like him. At ALL.
So the mother/son relationship was half true. On her side. Nice of him to string her along, when really he doesn't give a damn about anyone but himself.

Jacqui on Henry's Decision to Swap Tribes: "That Was a Real Kick in the Gut"

Jacqui-Patterson-Survivor-2017-Elimination-Interview.jpg

Image Source: Network Ten
Monday night's episode of Survivor saw the much-anticipated tribe swap play out, with Ben and Henry volunteering to take Tara and Anneliese's places over in Samatau. And just like that, a new dynamic was born. With Henry's absence, Jacqui found herself without her main alliance and sans immunity idol, couldn't save herself from getting the boot. Off the back of her elimination, we caught up with the Byron Bay local to chat about Henry's move, the new Asaga vibe and how she stays fit at 50.

On whether it was hard watching the episode back . . .
"Look, when you have a glass of bubbles, nothing's hard! [Laughs] But it was, I'd give anything to be back there in a heartbeat. Seriously, and it's going to be hard to watch now."

On what went through her mind when Henry swapped tribes . . .
"I thought, what the beep beep are you doing?! He just shoved me under a double decker — it was the demise of the power couple. Because you can't talk freely and go, 'Hey, why are you doing that?' — you don't have the option on the show, so, I was extremely disappointed.

When Ben put his hand up, I thought it was a smart move, because he was one of the weakest links on the team. Henry and I were in such a good spot, so I thought, 'Why are you doing this? What are you doing?' Straight away, you're thinking, why has he got the idol, why didn't I do this or that . . . It was just really hard to get my head around. If we had a choice, it would've been interesting what the team would've voted on — I would've thought it'd be Ben and Michelle."

On why she bonded with Henry so quickly . . .
"We were in a somewhat alliance with Sam, Mark and Sarah, and as soon as we found the idol together, that cemented the deal. We kept that information to ourselves, it was our secret, but it was also what bonded us instantly."

On Henry taking the idol with him . . .
"We always said if we merge, or if something happens and he needs to use it or I need to use it, great, but the fact that he just took it with him and made that choice to do that was a real kick in the gut. When you look at it in the real world, it's a selfish act, but it's a game, and I understand that — I didn't play my cards right there. Since the show's finished, we've had quite a few chats about it, but it's every man for himself when you're playing Survivor."

On whether she was worried she had a target on her back . . .
"Well, Mark had planted a seed. But I also said, we're not in an alliance, because otherwise Henry wouldn't have left. And maybe I should've also mentioned that he had an idol, whether he really did or not. But you're not thinking that clearly and quickly, because it's not like you've had a nice scrumptious breakfast, a good night's sleep and the weather's great. There's so many different facets to the game, and people have to understand you're cold, tired, hungry, over it, you're playing a mental game, someone's talking about you, should've, would've, could've . . . But it is what it is. 23 strategies don't work and 23 people don't win. I'd go back and play it in a heartbeat. I had an absolute ball and don't regret a thing."

On the hardest thing about living on the island . . .
"You know when you want to curl up in bed and watch Bold and the Beautiful with a cup tea? Well, there's no bed to curl up in, honey, and no TV! [Laughs]"

On Asaga's first reward challenge win . . .
"We all said if we could bottle that one up and keep it forever, it'd be amazing. It was a shame you didn't get to see everything, because it was a really wonderful afternoon. A lot of us just said, 'Oh, if I go home now, I don't care!'"

On her progress on the show . . .
"I think it's important when you're playing the game of Survivor, that you have the opportunity to tick some boxes, and I felt like I did that. I found an idol with Henry, I was in an alliance, we blindsided someone, I held my own in the challenges . . . For all the effort and how hard it is to get on a show like this, to be fortunate enough to play it, you really do want to play it and be remembered.

"My biggest goal was to make merge, and it's very disappointing that I didn't. But I went a lot further than a lot of people, and I've got to be grateful and mindful of that."

On what she enjoyed the most . . .
"The challenges. I loved them — I could do one everyday!"

On how she keeps up her form at 50 . . .
"It's about keeping yourself in check and keeping an eye on what you're doing. It's not so much what you're doing 20 percent of the time — like Friday night beer and pizza — it's what you're doing 80 percent of the time. You've got to own it. Enjoy what you're doing, you can have your cake and eat it too, but be mindful of it. Get up and exercise, eat right, look after yourself, and don't make excuses. If you've got an excuse, change it — change your story. People say oh, I've got a slow metabolism or I'm big-boned, but if you change your story, you change your state of mind and therefore your strategy. Just take baby steps and it'll all eventually fall into place."

On the first thing she did when she got home . . .
"I went to surprise my mum and dad, and mu mum had just made these salmon rissoles. I didn't sit down, I didn't get a knife and fork, I just took a couple with my hands and shovelled them in my mouth. I'm back! [Laughs] I just started shoving my face and the kilos started piling back on."

Read more at https://www.popsugar.com.au/celebri...nation-Interview-43918723#IjZxCuPLlUsgIzzB.99

Even if I truly studied that article for weeks before going on Survivor, I would still end up trying to make an alliance with people I liked, and everything else would be out the window on the first day. I'd be first voted out for sure.

Back