Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2017) - Episode 7 Discussion

Who the hell takes a leather jacket on Survivor? Only a fuckwit, that's who. He deserves to be gone based on this self-promoting douchebaggery alone. Oh, and the fact that he played like shit.
haha. Yes, he "smuggled it in" purely for promotional purposes (happily picked up by the media). What a dick.

Hopefully picking the boots will be easier after the merge. I will be very excited if I manage to get *one* right for the whole season.[DOUBLEPOST=1502710626][/DOUBLEPOST]
Who the hell takes a leather jacket on Survivor? Only a fuckwit, that's who. He deserves to be gone based on this self-promoting douchebaggery alone. Oh, and the fact that he played like shit.
Also you can't be called a fashion designer if your label literally only has ONE design.

...I think that after all of the big battles have finished between all of the heavyweights and that the tribes finally merge... I believe that the quiet ones such as Ben/Jarrod/Peter/Odette/Tessa and Ziggy will be the ones to watch... especially Ben and Peter... they are powerhouses waiting to unleash in my opinion anyway... Ben with intelligence and Peter with ruthlessness... remember... the meek will inherit the Earth... lol!... cheers.
Um....Ben's "I'm online mum, where's my dinner?" and Peter "I will be heard, if I may speak now"? LOL
Too early to call, but that's the fun of it, the journey

I liked Jericho in the tribal council going on about Asanga blood or whatever. He's obviously thinking long term trying to be the peacemaker of the tribe.

Um....Ben's "I'm online mum, where's my dinner?" and Peter "I will be heard, if I may speak now"? LOL
Too early to call, but that's the fun of it, the journey

...haha!... but yes Tuttle... it's always the quiet ones that you keep your eye on lol!... they've chosen to be like that so far... and so did Kristie too last year remember?... ;):thumbsup::biggrin:... cheers.

Still like Jericho though. Diplomacy sits better than preaching.

And I'm glad Jacqui survived. A friendship alliance is not the same as a spooning alliance, and Mark was in serious denial about that (and everything else).

I have no idea as to who's going. It's a juggling act.
Now, a promo for Offspring. I don't 'get' Asher Keddie. Contrived much?

OT, but I don't get her or Sarah Jessica Parker at ALL. Cocky smart alecs. And I loathe shows where someone narrates the thoughts in their head.

Nah Ben and his ilk will last awhile as this season seems to be following last season. Big players and big personalities going in early while outsiders like Kristie are waiting in the wings biding their time for the final act.

Odette, Michelle, Kent and Anneliese emerge as the real masterminds of the game, biding their time until the showoffs are gone. No? Suit yourself...

I thought Jacqui would have been the best move, generally you keep physical strength at this stage and splitting a twosome isn't a bad idea. Maybe people see Luke and Jericho as a twosome, we never heard about that though, maybe we need more thoughts from those in middle making these decisions. Mark did sound like he thought he was going anyway, so that didn't lead me to think he had much chance.

Odette who said it's a human/personality game pretty much missed the point of Survivor, this isn't Big Brother. And then Ben said Luke has a problem with authority, but it's actually more that he wants control as that's what Survivor is about. There's too many there who have no problem with authority and are just followers rather than looking to be sole survivors.

Luke keeps saying he's 'the boss' but he's now failed to make two moves. So all his confidence is looking rather hollow to me, maybe he gets some foothold later but at this point he's not a major figure, the biscuit business didn't seem to gain him much of an alliance.

Sarah going up to Henry saying she swore she was behind him was funny, as if that wouldn't bring suspicion. And Mark at tribal shouldn't have pointed out which of the two may have been a target, as it turned out the idol wasn't played anyway but you have to keep people guessing.

Tara and Locky were just shown trying to get Ziggy, but one more just isn't enough for them anyway, so I didn't get that.

One thing I've recently noticed in the edits are the reaction shots to some event, for instance when someone (Sam I think) got into trouble on the water or the latest one with the shark kill. It looks a bit fake like they are added later as the camera is perfectly placed for the reactions. And I didn't get the 'wow' edited in at the announcement that if a tribe lost at the immunity one of them would get sent home, they all know how it works.

I thought Jacqui would have been the best move, generally you keep physical strength at this stage and splitting a twosome isn't a bad idea. Maybe people see Luke and Jericho as a twosome, we never heard about that though, maybe we need more thoughts from those in middle making these decisions. Mark did sound like he thought he was going anyway, so that didn't lead me to think he had much chance.

Odette who said it's a human/personality game pretty much missed the point of Survivor, this isn't Big Brother. And then Ben said Luke has a problem with authority, but it's actually more that he wants control as that's what Survivor is about. There's too many there who have no problem with authority and are just followers rather than looking to be sole survivors.

Luke keeps saying he's 'the boss' but he's now failed to make two moves. So all his confidence is looking rather hollow to me, maybe he gets some foothold later but at this point he's not a major figure, the biscuit business didn't seem to gain him much of an alliance.

Sarah going up to Henry saying she swore she was behind him was funny, as if that wouldn't bring suspicion. And Mark at tribal shouldn't have pointed out which of the two may have been a target, as it turned out the idol wasn't played anyway but you have to keep people guessing.

Tara and Locky were just shown trying to get Ziggy, but one more just isn't enough for them anyway, so I didn't get that.

One thing I've recently noticed in the edits are the reaction shots to some event, for instance when someone (Sam I think) got into trouble on the water or the latest one with the shark kill. It looks a bit fake like they are added later as the camera is perfectly placed for the reactions. And I didn't get the 'wow' edited in at the announcement that if a tribe lost at the immunity one of them would get sent home, they all know how it works.

Henry's reasoning seemed to be based on that he didn't want to be sitting next to mark at the end. So he seemed to be thinking long term for himself. Though the target on his back may be increasing.

I get why you would want to keep the physical players in at this stage, but I'm not sure Asaga are too interested at winning immunity challenges at the moment.

I think Mark might have known he was going and was using his final time with his tribe mates to shine a spotlight on the Hacqui power couple.

Luke thinking he was going to make a big move was amusing.

I keep thinking that Tara isn't thinking strategically but emotional when it comes to AK. AK is probably the one type of person she would absolutely despise in real life beyond a game setting. So her going to Ziggy was her trying to convince Ziggy that AK was a bad person. I don't think she cared if it would work strategy wise, she just wanted another person to dislike AK.

Henry's reasoning seemed to be based on that he didn't want to be sitting next to mark at the end. So he seemed to be thinking long term for himself. Though the target on his back may be increasing.

I understand Henry's reasoning more (Mark was definitely gunning for him), but the others aren't meant to be playing his game. Keeping Mark around keeps a big target in the game, so I think it would definitely have helped Luke for instance, but he never really seems to have the control his strange confessionals insist, maybe they are just to try and create some suspense in the edit. Most of them seemed to be skating by while this battle of Henry/Jacqui v Mark/Sam went on.

Back