Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2017) - Episode 20 Discussion

Luke is easily the most intuitive person out there. His confessionals are gold. He reads these other fools like a book. Whatever happens, he's my winner.

Tara is literally EVERYONE'S Goat No.1. That makes Peter Goat No. 2.

Michelle can't win (unless she's against Tara and Peter). She's just too damn mouthy.

Locky can't win (unless he's against Tara and Peter). The jury won't pay him anything. Except his boyfriend Henry, LOL.

By simple deduction and logic, depending on the makeup of the final two/three the winner should be either Luke, Jericho or Ziggy.

Luke is easily the most intuitive person out there. His confessionals are gold. He reads these other fools like a book. Whatever happens, he's my winner.

Luke's my winner, too.

After that, it could be any of them. I always remember Michelle winning whatever that season was. Blergh. I do think Tara could burst into tears (and bang on about being booted out and endearing herself to Asaga and hey she's here at the end) and win this one, too! And she'd have a point. I don't think she is the goatiest goat.

I don't think she is the goatiest goat.

But sitting next to Tara at the end you will always have the fact that BISH WAS VOTED OUT! That would be the most undeserved win ever. The jury would see that. None of them would hand a win to someone who ultimately is still there by pure fluke. Even Peter who has done NOTHING, would have one up on her in that regard.

Haha, she'll probably prove me wrong and win this thing in a landslide LOL.

The ones I absolutely do not want to win are Luke and Jericho. They are just too cocky and smug for my liking. That they have the nerve to talk about not liking Michelle getting too cocky is hilarious. Why don't the other contestants see that Luke and Jericho are a dangerous pairing that needs to be split up ASAP?

Last first, Michelle thought it was her and Sarah with the other two, the other two betraying her meant nothing.
The first one, have you ever watched Survivor before? The votes are cast at the time, the reveal is live.

The reveal won't truly be live as the reunion is being filmed on October 6.

Do you mean cocky and smug like Tara?

Cocky and smug like Henry not using his idol?

Cocky and smug like Tessa and Sarah who thought they had control of the game?

To me they are even more cocky and need to be brought down a peg. I am sick of Luke's 'Im the Boss' talk and Jerichos constant references of going to war.

Luke is undoubtedly cocky, but for me the difference is that he isn't malicious. He plays it all for a laugh, and talks of getting rid of his opponents, but it's all done with a laugh, in contrast to the constant sneering nastiness of Tara and Michelle, the entitled superiority of Locky and Sarah. I'm not even a fan of Luke and want him blindsided, but I find him harmless.
Jericho too is just playing a game of toy soldiers and enjoying every second of it, but hasn't said anything nasty, or that he's actually better or more deserving than anyone else.
The only person there with no degree of cockiness is Peter, but he plays a very bland game and I don't think anyone on any side would want him to win.

did anyone pick up on this here?

Australian Survivor's Luke Toki caught out by fans for sending rivals home before stealing his 'victims clothes as momentoes'... but did you notice it?
By Annita Katee For Daily Mail Australia

He's the lovable Australian Survivor favourite who's previously admitted he went on the show for a bit of fun.

And although he was discounted by many fans as having the ability to take home the $500,000 cash prize, it seems as though Luke Toki may be one took out for after all.

With only six other contestants left in the game, eagle-eyed fans have noticed the 30-year-old has twice now sent rivals packing, before taking ownership of their clothes.

449B1B2A00000578-4919796-Watch_out_Although_funnyman_Luke_Toki_hasn_t_been_one_to_watch_u-a-93_1506399390022.jpg

Watch out! Although funnyman Luke Toki hasn't been one to watch until now, fans have noticed he's been sending rivals home and then stealing their clothes

'Luke must hold a record for the most wardrobe changes during a season, him voting people out then stealing their clothes is SO FUNNY,' tweeted one fan.

And it isn't just one observant fan who's noticed his trick, with another even comparing him to a serial killer.

'Luke is like a serial killer, keeping his victim's clothes as momentos,' they wrote.

44B8585C00000578-4919796-One_fan_Luke_is_like_a_serial_killer_keeping_his_victim_s_clothe-a-92_1506399390002.jpg

One fan: 'Luke is like a serial killer, keeping his victim's clothes as momentos,'

44B857B400000578-4919796-Just_having_a_laugh_Speaking_to_the_Daily_Telegraph_last_month_L-a-95_1506399390280.jpg

Just having a laugh: Speaking to the Daily Telegraph last month, Luke said he was happy with the way he was being portrayed on the show with his main intention being to just have fun

44B8581800000578-4919796-image-a-96_1506399390304.jpg

44B857E000000578-4919796-image-a-94_1506399390256.jpg

He's a larrikin: 'Luke must hold a record for the most wardrobe changes during a season, him voting people out then stealing their clothes is SO FUNNY'

And being the funnyman larrikin that he is, the star has even posted about it on his own Instagram feed, referring to himself as: 'The Clothing thief.'

Speaking to the Daily Telegraph last month, Luke said he was happy with the way he was being portrayed on the show with his main intention being to just have fun.

'I tried to have as much fun as possible,' he said.

44B8675400000578-4919796-Making_the_most_of_it_I_tried_to_have_as_much_fun_as_possible_-a-98_1506399390471.jpg

Making the most of it: 'I tried to have as much fun as possible'

'I didn't want to leave the place and come back, not having enjoyed it.'

The father-of-two also added that he believed the secret to Survivor success was to play the 'social game' while not being afraid to 'stir the pot.'

Although admittedly there to have a laugh, the reality star told OK! magazine that he was taking the competition seriously for the sake of his family.

Opening up to the publication, the Perth native revealed his son Lennox, 5, suffers from autism and his youngest son Nate, 2, has been diagnosed with global development delay.

44B86E0800000578-4919796-Doing_it_for_the_family_The_Perth_has_revealed_his_son_Lennox_5_-a-97_1506399390401.jpg

Doing it for the family: The Perth native has revealed his son Lennox, 5, suffers from autism and his youngest son Nate, 2, has been diagnosed with global development delay

His confessionals are extremely repetitive. I can imagine the producers saying to him 'this will get us great ratings, just talk all that crap again, the audience love it!'. And him smiling as he says it all over again to camera thinking 'what a load of bullshit all this is, but apparently the audience want this rubbish'.

I don't think the edit has been great this season. If he does win it's like it's been foreshadowed from the start as he's had so many confessionals, it's better to let more people have the limelight, with so many episodes even more so.

Incidentally concerning not keeping your alliance informed as to what the votes are going to be...Luke did exactly the same with Jericho earlier in the season.

Tara blindside locky goes home michelle gets jerico ziggy vote for tara michelle then gets locky michelle to take out ziggy michelle locky final michelle wins with big gab[DOUBLEPOST=1506413294][/DOUBLEPOST]Jerico scrables to michelle

This is gonna how play out taras gonna pretend blindside locky to get put luke or tara will be luke tara tribal luke will go then tara will go then jerico will b jerico scramble to ziggy michelle and locky get jerico out ziggy will have to conform michelle will take pete locky to final three peye will conform to michelle then end michelle wins

Mini-rewatch... You're right! But at least I was half-right! It wasn't after Tessa started taking the lead, as she did on the the beach in the group discussion Luke appeared to be gingerly onboard with - it was when he overheard Tessa wanting Jericho out. So.

And it wasn't so much Tessa working with Ziggy, despite what she'd said on reward, as who she was targeting.

And now I have to eat porridge!

Aha! :p

did anyone pick up on this here?

Australian Survivor's Luke Toki caught out by fans for sending rivals home before stealing his 'victims clothes as momentoes'... but did you notice it?
By Annita Katee For Daily Mail Australia

He's the lovable Australian Survivor favourite who's previously admitted he went on the show for a bit of fun.

And although he was discounted by many fans as having the ability to take home the $500,000 cash prize, it seems as though Luke Toki may be one took out for after all.

With only six other contestants left in the game, eagle-eyed fans have noticed the 30-year-old has twice now sent rivals packing, before taking ownership of their clothes.

449B1B2A00000578-4919796-Watch_out_Although_funnyman_Luke_Toki_hasn_t_been_one_to_watch_u-a-93_1506399390022.jpg

Watch out! Although funnyman Luke Toki hasn't been one to watch until now, fans have noticed he's been sending rivals home and then stealing their clothes

'Luke must hold a record for the most wardrobe changes during a season, him voting people out then stealing their clothes is SO FUNNY,' tweeted one fan.

And it isn't just one observant fan who's noticed his trick, with another even comparing him to a serial killer.

'Luke is like a serial killer, keeping his victim's clothes as momentos,' they wrote.

44B8585C00000578-4919796-One_fan_Luke_is_like_a_serial_killer_keeping_his_victim_s_clothe-a-92_1506399390002.jpg

One fan: 'Luke is like a serial killer, keeping his victim's clothes as momentos,'

44B857B400000578-4919796-Just_having_a_laugh_Speaking_to_the_Daily_Telegraph_last_month_L-a-95_1506399390280.jpg

Just having a laugh: Speaking to the Daily Telegraph last month, Luke said he was happy with the way he was being portrayed on the show with his main intention being to just have fun

44B8581800000578-4919796-image-a-96_1506399390304.jpg

44B857E000000578-4919796-image-a-94_1506399390256.jpg

He's a larrikin: 'Luke must hold a record for the most wardrobe changes during a season, him voting people out then stealing their clothes is SO FUNNY'

And being the funnyman larrikin that he is, the star has even posted about it on his own Instagram feed, referring to himself as: 'The Clothing thief.'

Speaking to the Daily Telegraph last month, Luke said he was happy with the way he was being portrayed on the show with his main intention being to just have fun.

'I tried to have as much fun as possible,' he said.

44B8675400000578-4919796-Making_the_most_of_it_I_tried_to_have_as_much_fun_as_possible_-a-98_1506399390471.jpg

Making the most of it: 'I tried to have as much fun as possible'

'I didn't want to leave the place and come back, not having enjoyed it.'

The father-of-two also added that he believed the secret to Survivor success was to play the 'social game' while not being afraid to 'stir the pot.'

Although admittedly there to have a laugh, the reality star told OK! magazine that he was taking the competition seriously for the sake of his family.

Opening up to the publication, the Perth native revealed his son Lennox, 5, suffers from autism and his youngest son Nate, 2, has been diagnosed with global development delay.

44B86E0800000578-4919796-Doing_it_for_the_family_The_Perth_has_revealed_his_son_Lennox_5_-a-97_1506399390401.jpg

Doing it for the family: The Perth native has revealed his son Lennox, 5, suffers from autism and his youngest son Nate, 2, has been diagnosed with global development delay

Took 'em long enough! Then again the Daily Fail aren't known for their groundbreaking journalism.

Back