Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2017) - Episode 20 Discussion

Yes, but it was SARAH who didn't include Michelle, the other two don't get to wear that one, she does because she sold her alliance "partner" down the river. Sarah chose not to talk to her about it, just blindsided her.

Sorry but you're remembering wrong. It was Luke's idea to break the 'champagne alliance' (which was Luke, Michelle, and Tessa) and get out Tessa after Tessa started taking the lead. He approached Jericho first then together they approached Sarah. Luke wanted Michelle kept in the dark so as to not derail his plan. The only alliance between Sarah and Michelle was the Asaga 'core four' which is really a 'core two+one+one'. Sarah's allegiance was to Luke (the leader) not Michelle (a lackey) so she didn't sell anyone down the river. Luke even admitted as much to being the mastermind tonight when he cast his vote for Sarah and thanked her for being his scapegoat.

And it could be 3 in the finale.

There may be three in the 'finale' episode but they'll still do a F3 elimination then a F2. They won't vote for a winner out of three.

Sorry but you're remembering wrong. It was Luke's idea to break the 'champagne alliance' (which was Luke, Michelle, and Tessa) and get out Tessa after Tessa started taking the lead. He approached Jericho first then together they approached Sarah. Luke wanted Michelle kept in the dark so as to not derail his plan. The only alliance between Sarah and Michelle was the Asaga 'core four' which is really a 'core two+one+one'. Sarah's allegiance was to Luke (the leader) not Michelle (a lackey) so she didn't sell anyone down the river. Luke even admitted as much to being the mastermind tonight when he cast his vote for Sarah and thanked her for being his scapegoat.

There may be three in the 'finale' episode but they'll still do a F3 elimination then a F2. They won't vote for a winner out of three.
I'm not remembering it wrong, Sarah and Michelle had a connection prior, sarah not letting her in on the play was a betrayal (in Michelle's view)
Luke "masterminds" everything, even when he hasn't.[DOUBLEPOST=1506346067][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is there an ep tomorrow? I get different info from different guides.

If there is, there will have to be yet another non-elimination ep to make it to a Tuesday final ep/finale.
Fiddy cents, or you get nothing.

...thank god that no other couple 'fell in love' after Sam and Mark W's vomitfest that's all that I can say lol!... I couldn't have handled another full blown Lee and El schlock lovefest again... so no matter sad this series continues to get... at least we haven't had anymore of that lol!... cheers.

Is there an ep tomorrow? I get different info from different guides.

If there is, there will have to be yet another non-elimination ep to make it to a Tuesday final ep/finale.

Episode tomorrow for sure there as there was an ad during tonight's show. But your maths is off anyway - definitely no non-elim eps. Elimination tomorrow, next Monday and Tuesday, then Sunday and Monday the week after with finale on Tuesday (the 10th). So 1+1+1+1+1=5 then 2 left for Tuesday.

I don't know how this live finale will work though? My hope is they've locked their votes away and they won't actually be voting live as that means they've had a chance to watch the show which could influence their votes.

I'm not remembering it wrong, Sarah and Michelle had a connection prior, sarah not letting her in on the play was a betrayal (in Michelle's view)

You really are though or just doing a Michelle and seeing it the way you want. Sarah was fully on board with Tessa's split Locky/Tara-Locky vote. Until Luke told her otherwise. Watch it again from 30 minutes in. :p Michelle and Jericho had a connection prior (more of one IMO) and he did exactly what Sarah did. He didn't let her in on their plans. Jericho betrayed her too. Not to mention Luke's betrayal.

Episode tomorrow for sure there as there was an ad during tonight's show. But your maths is off anyway - definitely no non-elim eps. Elimination tomorrow, next Monday and Tuesday, then Sunday and Monday the week after with finale on Tuesday (the 10th). So 1+1+1+1+1=5 then 2 left for Tuesday.

I don't know how this live finale will work though? My hope is they've locked their votes away and they won't actually be voting live as that means they've had a chance to watch the show which could influence their votes.

You really are though or just doing a Michelle and seeing it the way you want. Sarah was fully on board with Tessa's split Locky/Tara-Locky vote. Until Luke told her otherwise. Watch it again from 30 minutes in. :p Michelle and Jericho had a connection prior (more of one IMO) and he did exactly what Sarah did. He didn't let her in on their plans. Jericho betrayed her too. Not to mention Luke's betrayal.
Last first, Michelle thought it was her and Sarah with the other two, the other two betraying her meant nothing.
The first one, have you ever watched Survivor before? The votes are cast at the time, the reveal is live.

...thank god that no other couple 'fell in love' after Sam and Mark W's vomitfest that's all that I can say lol!... I couldn't have handled another full blown Lee and El schlock lovefest again... so no matter sad this series continues to get... at least we haven't had anymore of that lol!... cheers.

There have been rumours about Tully and Henry hooking up, but thankfully it didn't make it into the show.

Last first, Michelle thought it was her and Sarah with the other two, the other two betraying her meant nothing.

Perhaps from Michelle's perspective she thought it was more her and Sarah but definitely not from Sarah's. Michelle did admit on Sunday that Sarah was taking the game in a direction she didn't want and she was wary of how friendly Sarah was with the others. So I don't think it would have been long before she turned on Sarah anyway even if the Tessa vote hadn't occurred.

But Sarah's 'betrayal' is all neither here nor there. My original disagreement was with your contention that it was Sarah's decision to leave Michelle out of the loop when it was Luke's. Sarah merely agreed to it.

The first one, have you ever watched Survivor before? The votes are cast at the time, the reveal is live.

I've never really watched the US one religiously but did watch the previous Aussie one which wasn't live. Hence my confusion. With this time having a reunion and being live I didn't know how the finale will be done? I assume a reunion means everyone comes back and not just the jury so I also assume the reunion is in a studio as I doubt they'd fly everyone back to Samoa. So when did/do they vote? On the island back in July or in a studio in October. And I think you've answered that.

How a vote back in July is live though I don't know as surely they could have figured out who they all voted for unless they're all very good at keeping mum.

They have to keep mum, it will be in their contracts that they would lose their money. Of course you could get leaks, that's always the problem with shows that are all done a few months previous. But the only people interested in spoilers and spreading them are spoiler people, unfortunately spoiler people think everyone else wants to be spoiled too. Very strange but that's how they often are.

Anyway with the latest episode it reminded me of the Peter v Henry vote, obviously Peter would be kept. And Michelle v Sarah, obviously Michelle would be kept. If you want to keep in you have to go for a bigger target than a weak player who is floating along. Michelle was playing with emotion but you may as well say Sarah was as well. The optimism of Sarah earlier in the episode did seem rather false considering the circumstances. I thought it was another tribal that wasn't that hard to pick the result of before the end.

Yet Peter really wanted the idol played for Michelle. :D And earlier he even directly admitted to Locky he didn't really want to work with him, sometimes you need to keep your opinions secret on Survivor.

With the whole focus on Michelle/Sarah here I wish they had set up their alliance in the season's edit more, I wasn't really aware of it up until the previous episode.

The charades was pretty funny, though I wish they had separated the groups more, could they see what the other team was doing? The log rolling I think I've seen on some Survivor before, at the start it looked pretty random, maybe they needed more practice first to work out tactics? And I think they should have used a slow motion replay camera for it from the start as it wasn't that clear to me at times.

Sorry but you're remembering wrong. It was Luke's idea to break the 'champagne alliance' (which was Luke, Michelle, and Tessa) and get out Tessa after Tessa started taking the lead.

Actually, you're remembering it wrong! It was Luke's idea to break the 'champagne alliance' after he chased after Tessa and Michelle and laid himself down in his spyshack and overheard them discussing who to go after next - and ole buddy Tess was keen on going after Jericho, and I don't recall Michelle being very against the idea... It wasn't just Tessa taking the lead offending his ego, ie. At all. (Go Luke!)

He could hardly say, yeah, I was in my spyshack and I heard you... because it ruins future sessions. But he felt it safest not to tell Michelle, who seemed tight with Tessa, of their plans. Maybe a misstep, or maybe not - as her shrewish, incensed reaction to being left out might as easily have been a shrewish, incensed reaction at a vote against her new buddy and she may have turned on them that night, etc.

They have to keep mum, it will be in their contracts that they would lose their money. Of course you could get leaks, that's always the problem with shows that are all done a few months previous. But the only people interested in spoilers and spreading them are spoiler people, unfortunately spoiler people think everyone else wants to be spoiled too. Very strange but that's how they often are.

I hear you! Boy, I hate those spoiler-loving types. I just put them on ignore until whatever show season is over, but they tend to be keen on spoilers across the board, and imagine their slanted and often overt comments based on such spoilers during the season aren't ruining it for anyone. God bless, but for me they are! Even when they aren't trying, spoilers just leak out of them and anyone they have contaminated with their beloved spoilers. Gah!

Actually, you're remembering it wrong! It was Luke's idea to break the 'champagne alliance' after he chased after Tessa and Michelle and laid himself down in his spyshack and overheard them discussing who to go after next - and ole buddy Tess was keen on going after Jericho, and I don't recall Michelle being very against the idea... It wasn't just Tessa taking the lead offending his ego, ie. At all. (Go Luke!)

He could hardly say, yeah, I was in my spyshack and I heard you... because it ruins future sessions. But he felt it safest not to tell Michelle, who seemed tight with Tessa, of their plans. Maybe a misstep, or maybe not - as her shrewish, incensed reaction to being left out might as easily have been a shrewish, incensed reaction at a vote against her new buddy and she may have turned on them that night, etc.

You're only remembering it half right!!! You people need to rewatch the episodes! It was Tessa and Ziggy who Luke was spying on when Ziggy mentions Locky and Jericho, and Tessa says she'd rather Jericho out first of those two. Luke was pissed Tessa was still talking/working with Ziggy cos she wasn't part of the extended champagne alliance.

Now I have to work!

You're only remembering it half right!!! You people need to rewatch the episodes! It was Tessa and Ziggy who Luke was spying on when Ziggy mentions Locky and Jericho, and Tessa says she'd rather Jericho out first of those two. Luke was pissed Tessa was still talking/working with Ziggy cos she wasn't part of the extended champagne alliance.

Now I have to work!

Mini-rewatch... You're right! But at least I was half-right! It wasn't after Tessa started taking the lead, as she did on the the beach in the group discussion Luke appeared to be gingerly onboard with - it was when he overheard Tessa wanting Jericho out. So.

And it wasn't so much Tessa working with Ziggy, despite what she'd said on reward, as who she was targeting.

And now I have to eat porridge!

Back