Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2017) - Episode 18 Discussion

Facebook is really depressing. There seems to be no support for my faves at all (Tessa and Jericho are barely mentioned), but dozens of messages of "Go Tara/Locky/Henry (before he left)/Luke/Sarah (Tully)", and suggestions for a theoretical Allstars featuring those and Aimee (!!), Mark and Sam(antha). Gruesome!

By the looks of the commercial, the dialogue will be like:

Host: What is tonights vote about for you?
Jericho: To assassinate a threat.

Wow - he doesn't waste any time.

Great review of the last episode.
http://thetribehasspoken.com.au/australian-survivor-2017-episode-18-review-the-next-level/
I particularly liked this -
The gameplay at tribal council rates up there with Parvati’s double idol move from Heroes vs Villains – it was that good! The fact that the common Aussie viewer would prefer to watch people hammer nails into a wall and go on awkward first dates is absolutely baffling. We have a world class product on our hands in this season of Australian Survivor, and it would be criminal for it not to be renewed due to average ratings.

Great review of the last episode.
http://thetribehasspoken.com.au/australian-survivor-2017-episode-18-review-the-next-level/
I particularly liked this -
The gameplay at tribal council rates up there with Parvati’s double idol move from Heroes vs Villains – it was that good! The fact that the common Aussie viewer would prefer to watch people hammer nails into a wall and go on awkward first dates is absolutely baffling. We have a world class product on our hands in this season of Australian Survivor, and it would be criminal for it not to be renewed due to average ratings.

The edit in of the Henry confessional earlier in the episode about being king of the game is a pretty standard way to prepare for someone's elimination by the end, so I think thought that was ominous. But I have to say though we've had those confessionals from Luke virtually every episode, so the reviewer may as well ask whether Luke will learn.

I said already I don't think Ziggy is that likely to get near the end, her edit is just too low profile, even with the twist she's had.

Sarah on the other hand has had a growing edit and it feels like she has a chance to win. But I still don't fully believe that she wasn't a bit upset at not getting anything at the auction, you shouldn't always take confessionals at face value, they can be guided by the producers to develop a story.

When the article talks about people being great at fooling I do think that the biggest fool has arguably been Jericho, he's been led along for much of the season by Luke/Henry for instance. And some of these contestants have been quite bad at keeping quiet, Tessa is a case in point.

You could actually argue it was a very risky move going after Henry here and they could have just flushed out his idol and gone after a safer bet, which would have been Locky I guess. Locky was a bit strange at tribal, he seemed surprised at the result but was apparently prompting Henry to play the idol, so I guess he just wanted it flushed out. For all the talk about the Henry/Locky bromance I'm not even that sure Locky looked that upset at the result. I suppose he was just happy he stayed. I definitely don't believe many thought Peter was certain to go. I still don't like Peter that much, he seems a weak player to me, the kind people keep along knowing he can't win.

I definitely wouldn't rate it among the great Survivor tribals, only a few people were fully blindsided anyway and the tribal wasn't full of action for me. The main suspense was definitely just over whether the idol would be played.

Facebook is really depressing. There seems to be no support for my faves at all (Tessa and Jericho are barely mentioned), but dozens of messages of "Go Tara/Locky/Henry (before he left)/Luke/Sarah (Tully)", and suggestions for a theoretical Allstars featuring those and Aimee (!!), Mark and Sam(antha). Gruesome!

Sounds like people enjoy the showmances.

Tessa had a big edit earlier on but has somewhat faded on that, apart from Peter I don't really know who her real allies are likely to be, and people are likely to keep Peter around more because he's a weak player. Jericho is good at challenges but mentally I think he's weak and arguably should have gone before some others even, he's been under Luke's wing.

An international point of view here. Ive watched every Survivor US season since its inception and believe this one ranks right up with the best US ones. A plethora of interesting characters all trying to win this season (apparently casting realized its mistake last year and mateship has gone down the tubes) and as I have not seen any betting odds at this point have absolutely no idea who is going to win. It could be any one of 7 (Im discounting Tara and Peter). International viewers on various message boards also rate this series very highly. I hope the ratings in Oz have been good because it has to stick around for a few years. IMHO Pags is much improved this season as well.

I guess Im a Sarah (Tully?) fan..Im taking it that there is some kind of connection but Im ok with almost anyone winning..pretty likeable group.. .the complete opposite of BBUS19 which, though despite a terrible season populated entirely for the last 8 by pond scum, the finale of that show was a memorable classic right down to the way Julie Chen pulled out the votes.

Also have a poker mate who is almost a double for Locky though just a touch more follicly challenged with fewer tattoos.

I guess Im a Sarah (Tully?) fan..Im taking it that there is some kind of connection but Im ok with almost anyone winning..pretty likeable group.. .the complete opposite of BBUS19 which, though despite a terrible season populated entirely for the last 8 by pond scum, the finale of that show was a memorable classic right down to the way Julie Chen pulled out the votes.

YASSSS!

Another one for the dark side. Our group is growing @FatPants.

I'd like to give Sarah some love.

And by love I mean telling her how much I've enjoyed her game play this season and that she deserves to get near the end.

I'd like to give Sarah some love.

And by love I mean telling her how much I've enjoyed her game play this season and that she deserves to get near the end.

I'd like to give her the opposite. I haven't enjoyed watching her at all, and the moment when she revealed her true thoughts about the "lesser people" deserving to go before her just confirmed that.

Back